Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gang Wars - Official Discussion Thread (Wonk)
Allow Gangleaders to see other gang leaders, perhaps with a star or something on them, like the traitors can do with sunglasses. or maybe a blue G.

Perhaps add gang abilities or something to specific controlled areas, e.g controlling kitchen/bar gives a health bonus to gang members who eat chefs food. controlling QM gives them a discount on weapons or something, tagging chapel gives them bolded radio text for recruiting purposes, I don't know, be creative.
I think that if a gang is allies with another gang until the end of the game on the escape shuttle they should share points, like two gangs combining eachother's points and creating a new gang at the end which has the combined points of each.
Not like an actual new gang, i mean a new title shows up like: The nasty rats & Sleepy Cheese Alliance have won against the Killer Klowns and Dumb Amphibians, who didn't alliance, together Killer klowns and Dumb amphibians had more points than the nasty rats and sleepy cheese, but since they didn't pool their points together in alliance they didn't beat the Nasty rat and Sleepy cheese alliance.

heres kind of an example.

Gang A has 10 points, so does Gang B, A & B alliance with eachother and pool points. Gang C has 13 points, D has 10.

Gang D and C never allianced with eachother, one of them had a higher point score than both B and A, but since B and A total in 20 points to gang C's 13 points they beat C, the same with D. If Gang C and D had combined they would have had 23 points, this would have allowed them to beat A and B by 3 points.

So basically this is a way for the smaller gangs to actually win the game by diplomacy if they get lucky enough, lets say two small gangs are trying to beat the other bigger gangs but it is hopeless, they alliance and have 25 points in all, the bigger gangs had 16 to themselves but forgot, or forsook alliancing and thus the smaller gangs become a larger cohesive force and crush the others.

This allows for some fun dynamics in allowing the underdogs to band together to beat the larger gangs who have grown too comfortable and believe they dont need alliances to survive.

Sorry for the long winded and probably not needed multiple explanations. i kind of just want this idea to really be expanded on, it would allow for some very interesting dynamics and would add alot more gang politics to this gamemode instead of, THIS GUY IS WEARING A CAT HEAD INSTEAD OF TOP HAT, KILL HIMMMMMM. :ugeek: PS: perhaps on these rounds a lucky crewmember ( preferably an assistant) gets a slightly nerfed version of a vigilante costume ( Read: BATMAN!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UzezOP ... detailpage

perfectly embodies the spirit of SS13 Gangwars.
atomic1fire Wrote:Allow Gangleaders to see other gang leaders, perhaps with a star or something on them, like the traitors can do with sunglasses. or maybe a blue G.

No way. I like having people have to figure out who the enemy leaders are, overlay hints suck.
more ways to get gang points
-steal butts and organs/blood if they ever get implemented.
-start a protection racket
-maybe hack into the research mainframe and steal data
-steal the nuke disk
-steal e-guns
-send a rude note to centcom
hipBEE Wrote:more ways to get gang points
-steal butts and organs/blood if they ever get implemented.
-start a protection racket
-maybe hack into the research mainframe and steal data
-steal the nuke disk
-steal e-guns
-send a rude note to centcom
-break into eva
-kill non-human station members
-smoke weed erryday
We did a sorta special round of gang tonight, no actual changes to the code but with some admin intervention poked and prodded things a different direction.

-- At the beginning, I publicly listed the names of all gangs, but no information besides that. I thought it would make things easier for coordination, and maybe encourage some recruitment (if someone sees that the GOKU PALS have the coolest name they may go seek them out!)
-- Sec was told that being a Gang Leader was an offense in of itself and warranted incarceration (though they'd need reasonable cause to arrest someone for it). We told sec that if all gang leaders were dead/incarcerated, the "neutrals" would win.
-- One of the gangs was larger than the other surviving gangs combined, so a CentCom report outed the identity of that gang's leader. (I gave him a heads up so he could get his gang to protect him)

What did this accomplish?
- Gangs were much more subtle about recruiting. Only one called out for recruits over the radio, and gang lockers were put in more secretive places.
- Surprisingly though, total gang population was the same as the previous regular round.
- Sec neither felt constrained to uselessness, nor did they go on a rampage. (Part of that may be due to having a good HoS around). There was even an interrogation of a captured gang member where the detective tried to get him to out his gang's leader, really cool.
- One gang had a huge population, as usually happens, but they had a trade-off in bringing a lot of heat on themselves from the very start. Outing the leader when the gang got to a very large size is a good balance, I think: the leader is now in a bit of danger, but they have several gangmembers to protect him now. The idea of this was that the small gangs could be stealthy and agile and still able to compete even when outnumbered.
- The biggest gang managed to kill the opposition leaders, though their own leader was in custody at the time. I called the shuttle (one of the gang leaders was braindead so it wouldn't fire automatically). As the timer ticked down, the last gang swarmed sec en masse to try and free their leader. There was a huge fight between a mob of dudes with improvised weapons vs. the captain and a sec officer (the HoS smartly ran off with the valuable prisoner). They ended up capturing the captain and locking him in a cell. While gloating about how they had taken sec, a vigilante bombed them with the RD's bomb- eek!
- When their captured leader was "exiled," the stragglers in his gang rallied to get final revenge on the captain at the escape arm.

It was a really cool round, really the way I think a lot of people want gang (or rev or spy) to play out. Part of it may have been that we had the right mix of people, including an HoS around. So the suggestions I make from this experience are...

-- The neutral crew "wins" if all gang leaders are dead/incarcerated at the end of the round. Currently if all leaders but one are dead, the shuttle gets called. I'd make it so if all leaders but one are dead/incarcerated the shuttle gets called, allowing for a tense final showdown-- either with the gang trying to free their leader or the crew trying to stop that leader from escaping...

-- If a gang hits X population, their leader's identity gets publicly outed in a Centcom Report. X could be a strict limit (say, 7 members) or a formula (more than all the other gangs' living members combined). This is to provide a slight balance to the current system where one gang snowballs to assured victory.

also just want to resuggest the idea I posted earlier about a gang suffering some penalty if their lockers gets tagged to encourage a bit more tactics too.
mozi Wrote:Good words.

I like all the ideas there. Also, I really wish I'd seen that round, all the rounds I've seen have served only to make me sad frown
mozi Wrote:-- The neutral crew "wins" if all gang leaders are dead/incarcerated at the end of the round. Currently if all leaders but one are dead, the shuttle gets called. I'd make it so if all leaders but one are dead/incarcerated the shuttle gets called, allowing for a tense final showdown-- either with the gang trying to free their leader or the crew trying to stop that leader from escaping...
I'm against this because it encourages security to go after gangs and murder/permabrig them which is really dumb. It also encourages gang vs civilian violence if a 'neutral' team can win which sucks for both gangs and civilians - gangs have basically the whole station gunning for them which is shit, and civilians can be murdered at any time by roving gangs which is also shit.

mozi Wrote:-- If a gang hits X population, their leader's identity gets publicly outed in a Centcom Report. X could be a strict limit (say, 7 members) or a formula (more than all the other gangs' living members combined). This is to provide a slight balance to the current system where one gang snowballs to assured victory. also just want to resuggest the idea I posted earlier about a gang suffering some penalty if their lockers gets tagged to encourage a bit more tactics too.
These are decent ideas I guess, might add them.
Tags should be able to be scrubbed off, so security or vigilantes could stop those damn kids spraying up the walls.
Shoddy Wrote:Tags should be able to be scrubbed off, so security or vigilantes could stop those damn kids spraying up the walls.

i think they already can be scrubbed off.
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Shoddy Wrote:Tags should be able to be scrubbed off, so security or vigilantes could stop those damn kids spraying up the walls.

i think they already can be scrubbed off.
Off the floor. Not able to with walls. Supposed to be fixed soon according to Cogs.
I was able to scrub off the tags from walls with a mop just fine several days earlier.
I think it's just cleaning spray and foam grenades that don't effect decals on walls, only floors.
Mopping the walls as janitor brought an extra moment of excitement as everyone clearly saw you were cleaning away the tags.