Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genetic Combination Map
High Complexity DNA can now be used as a wildcard in combining.
Added five new genes. Two will show up in regular rotation, the other three are combo-only powers. 16 new combinations were added, for both old and new genes.
The combination for Telepathy was changed to no longer use Booster Gene A, since BGA doesn't exist anymore.

Here's some hints for the new powers:
1) Something an octopus can do.
2) Something gross you do with your mouth when you're not feeling good.
3) The opposite of photokinesis.
An octopus? They jet around in water, so...

FART PROPULSION IS BACK
Dabir Wrote:An octopus? They jet around in water, so...

FART PROPULSION IS BACK
HYPE!
ISaidNo Wrote:High Complexity DNA can now be used as a wildcard in combining.

Fun fact, with the inclusion of that you've made it go from a practically incalculable amount of time and effort to check each gene (89!*t) to a somewhat realistic time of like 90*n*t where n is the number of genes which are a result of a combination, and t is the average time of finding, saving and testing a gene.
What's that mean in non-mathlish? confused
So basically instead of needing to find the two genes for a specific combination, you can find one and combine it with a wild card.

Meaning instead of checking Gene 1 with genes 1 through 90, just check it with a wildcard, notice the results. When two different genes have the same result with a wildcard, those genes are probably the ones that combine to find make that result.

Or something like that, right?
Frank_Stein Wrote:So basically instead of needing to find the two genes for a specific combination, you can find one and combine it with a wild card.

Meaning instead of checking Gene 1 with genes 1 through 90, just check it with a wildcard, notice the results. When two different genes have the same result with a wildcard, those genes are probably the ones that combine to find make that result.

Or something like that, right?

Pretty much, yeah.

The way to check the number of combinations of n numbers, when it cannot combine with itself leads to a total amount of permutations being (n-1)!, I.E. if there were only 5 genes, and they could not combine with themselves, then there would be a total of 4! combinations, or 4*3*2*1 = 24 combinations.

Therefore reducing it from 89! to 90*n*t is approximately many times faster. By at least 130 orders of magnitude.

Short version, with wild cards you made it one trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion times faster to test every combination.
Is that good or bad? v
ISaidNo Wrote:Is that good or bad? v

Well, you've stopped me from trying out combinations of genetic from here until the eventual heat death of the universe, so I guess it's good?
Hi, I'm probably one of the only people still floating around with access to the original document. Not sure about what to do with this.

Might just throw it up as public access and walk away, but that might lead to bountiful amounts of shit. I dunno.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Hi, I'm probably one of the only people still floating around with access to the original document. Not sure about what to do with this.

Might just throw it up as public access and walk away, but that might lead to bountiful amounts of shit. I dunno.

Would it be possible to give me access? As you may have noticed I committed a hell of a lot of comments last night, and plan to do a lot more in coming days. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at curating it .
Stryxic Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Hi, I'm probably one of the only people still floating around with access to the original document. Not sure about what to do with this.

Would it be possible to give me access? As you may have noticed I committed a hell of a lot of comments last night, and plan to do a lot more in coming days. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at curating it .
Sure thing, just need your email address so I can give you access. I'm on the IRC, if you'd rather PM that to me.
Okay, for some godforsaken reason, I can't make it so that people I invite can actually edit the document, and I also can't edit the settings that let me enable that. So, I've just decided to copy the document so I can change the permissions and shit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Access has been given to Stryxic and ISaidNo (the latter of which will just be updated outdated information and such) and anyone else is welcome to request access as well.
Hey now, I'm still around! I just updated the original sheet a shitton. Thanks, guy who posted a million update comments.