Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genetic Combination Map
Read the spoiler before anything else.

So I've been working on a little something-something since the new genetics update came out: a complete map of all of the gene combos available!

Well, emphasis on 'working'- there's an absolutely massive amount of potential combinations available, over four THOUSAND of them to give you an estimate, with a vast majority not producing anything at all, rendering progress on my own slow at best.

So, that's where you guys come in!

For those of you interested in helping the project, follow the link below and comment any new gene combos that you know of, I'll fact check it, and then put it in it's location on the map for everybody to use! It's as simple as that!

That link also leads to the WIP combination map, and displays in an, admittedly, less-than-beautiful fashion the combinations discovered and fact-checked by me and their results. Take a look!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

So yeah. Hope this proves useful to the community, and, of course, have a happy immortality!

I have, in fact, spoken to an admin who has said that gene combos are not secret and therefore can be shared freely, and that posting my spreadsheet on the forums is fine. Thank you for your concern.
shadowdimentio Wrote:Well, emphasis on 'working'- there's an absolutely massive amount of potential combinations available, over four THOUSAND of them to give you an estimate, with a vast majority not producing anything at all, rendering progress on my own slow at best.
I can tell you right now for free there's nowhere near that many combos. v
I will be adding more as time goes on though.

EDIT:
Oh yeah as an additional piece of info, you can combine more than two mutations together at once.
ISaidNo Wrote:Oh yeah as an additional piece of info, you can combine more than two mutations together at once.

Steaks... Steaks have been raised... And I fucking love steaks.
ISaidNo Wrote:EDIT:
Oh yeah as an additional piece of info, you can combine more than two mutations together at once.

MUH SPREADSHEET, NOOOOO
I've been trying to find some of the rarer mutations combinations for a while. I was really hoping that I could use a little biochemistry as my guide for something like anaerobic metabolism, the way a little logic got me to xray, but running up to combinations of five likely mutations resulted in nill. Are there only a few of these rare mutation combinations in at present?
I-Sett Wrote:I've been trying to find some of the rarer mutations combinations for a while. I was really hoping that I could use a little biochemistry as my guide for something like anaerobic metabolism, the way a little logic got me to xray, but running up to combinations of five likely mutations resulted in nill. Are there only a few of these rare mutation combinations in at present?

What mutations were you working with? I might be able to help you decode it.
shadowdimentio Wrote:What mutations were you working with? I might be able to help you decode it.
Focused on Ethanol Production and attempted in combination with Frontal Gyrus X, restricted larynx, radiation, alcohol resistance, and toxin resistance (each one and I think every combination with all the others, up to full 5). There may have been one or two others I threw in the mix, but those are the ones I remember distinctly. Just tried to throw every other breath-related mutation I could find at it.
I-Sett Wrote:
shadowdimentio Wrote:What mutations were you working with? I might be able to help you decode it.
Focused on Ethanol Production and attempted in combination with Frontal Gyrus X, restricted larynx, radiation, alcohol resistance, and toxin resistance (each one and I think every combination with all the others, up to full 5). There may have been one or two others I threw in the mix, but those are the ones I remember distinctly. Just tried to throw every other breath-related mutation I could find at it.

Try combining some of that stuff with coughing, apidae metabolism, and maybe ethanol production.
shadowdimentio Wrote:
I-Sett Wrote:

Try combining some of that stuff with coughing, apidae metabolism, and maybe ethanol production.

I think coughing was another I had in there (and ethanol of course) but apidae is great idea. I'll have to give that a whirl next time. I typically do these low pop genetics or chem experiments while I'm at work with a few hours to kill while reactions run, I'll try apidae and update.
Just a bit further info; three mutation combinations are rare, the vast majority are two. And i'll never* do four or more.
* probably
ISaidNo Wrote:Just a bit further info; three mutation combinations are rare, the vast majority are two. And i'll never* do four or more.
* probably

If I had to hazard a guess, telekenisis, regeneration, and maybe anaerobic are all three combos. It would explain how I STILL CAN'T FUCKING FIND TELEKENISIS AAAAAAA
ISaidNo Wrote:Just a bit further info; three mutation combinations are rare, the vast majority are two. And i'll never* do four or more.
* probably

Mix all the "x Genetics" together? I've got to be a Primal/Aquatic/Apidae/Cranial Keratin mutant freak monster! oh no lidge
APARTHEID Wrote:
* probably

Mix all the "x Genetics" together? I've got to be a Primal/Aquatic/Apidae/Cranial Keratin mutant freak monster! oh no lidge

Achieve your dreams of being both a fish AND a cockroach through the powers of SCIENCE!
Update on Telekenisis combo decoding efforts: Shit's still fucked. I found two other combinations during my search, telepathy and bioluminecent overdrive, so at least I'm making progress on /something/.

On a side note, holy shit the bioluminecent overdrive gene combo (epilepsy and glowy) makes /zero/ sense. I never would have figured that out had I not got lucky and hit it by accident. Blargh.
shadowdimentio Wrote:Achieve your dreams of being both a fish AND a cockroach through the powers of SCIENCE!

Sadly this isn't possible: you can only have one mutantrace at a time. Just how our code infrastructure is i'm afraid - however, Body Type Research does let you pick mutantraces from any of the ones you've researched, so you don't need to keep a gene handy.

shadowdimentio Wrote:On a side note, holy shit the bioluminecent overdrive gene combo (epilepsy and glowy) makes /zero/ sense. I never would have figured that out had I not got lucky and hit it by accident. Blargh.
Well considering what it does...

EDIT:
Oh right, i've put in a few genes just for fun that are only available through combination. Seeing you guys exploring the new system made me happy, so why not throw a few prizes in? keep hope alive