Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genetic Combination Map
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Also, you need to bear in mind that Immolate has very little practical application whatsoever unless it's boosted, whereas Fire Breath can be used by anyone.

True, but booster genes are far from rare. If you're paying attention to things as you research them, you'll find all three of the useful ones in no time.
So I've mended the spreadsheet to note that all double combinations are now duds.

RIP most of the combos I had found, 2014-2014
We could really use more people contributing to this. Only one other person has suggested any new combinations whatsoever, and I've seen plenty of people using the spreadsheet. C'mon and help, guys!
Tip: If you can, color the diagonal line of same-gene combos black background or whatever so you know they're not viable. Then put an X in anything you've tried and it hasn't succeeded. That way you can narrow down what's what.
ISaidNo Wrote:Tip: If you can, color the diagonal line of same-gene combos black background or whatever so you know they're not viable. Then put an X in anything you've tried and it hasn't succeeded. That way you can narrow down what's what.

I thought about that in the past, but eventually I settled on "No".

The reason being, of course, that the genetic combos are still undergoing changes and additions, and if at one point a combination resulted in nothing was changed into it making something, and people were working solely based off of the accuracy of the spreadsheet, then it would massive confusion because they would end up constantly overlooking the answer, and it would be my fault.

So yeah. Let's not do that.
Oh yeah, true enough.
So ISaidNo, don't suppose I can wring the names of the secret combo genes out of you can I?
I found firebreath (the legit way!), but I can't modify the spreadsheet. Also, I don't believe you have a row/column for anaerobic on there.
I'm not going to directly hand you anything. Why would I do that? crossarms
I-Sett Wrote:I found firebreath (the legit way!), but I can't modify the spreadsheet. Also, I don't believe you have a row/column for anaerobic on there.

Comment on the corresponding combination cell on the spreadsheet like I said and I'll add it myself. Also, thanks for reminding me about adding anaerobic. I forgot. big grin

ISaidNo Wrote:I'm not going to directly hand you anything. Why would I do that? crossarms

Because telling us to search for secret combination genes through 4000+ possible combinations without even names to work off of is extremely mean? I 'unno. I mean, I'm not asking for the exact combination for them, just the names like are provided with the secret chems so that we can work backwards from there. v
So here's a weird one:
Combining melanin suppressor with melanin stimulator results in a new mutation: Melanin Suppresant. Same descriptive text as melanin suppressor, but with a brand new(ish) name! Nothing new happened when I injected it (though it did cancel out my flashing bioluminescent overdrive mutation)
So the spreadsheet is now marking down nonfunctional gene combos, along with the date it was tested.

With any luck, ISaidNo will keep us updated when he changes/adds new combos, so we'll be able to re-test things when the time comes.
And after doing a little bit of testing, I'm fairly certain Melanin Suppressant isn't supposed to exist. It's probably just a bug or something, I 'unno.
It is supposed to exist, I just hadn't realized I named two things the same.
ISaidNo Wrote:It is supposed to exist, I just hadn't realized I named two things the same.

I think the confusion stems from the fact that the names are very similar but not identical.