Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Urs Dungeon - 1 and 2
Urs Dungeon 2 was just completed. Winner: Sailor Dave (honorable mentions to Braylon and Hulk Hogan)

URS DUNGEON 2 IS OFFICIALLY RETIRED. PLEASE LEAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR URS DUNGEON 3 HERE

[Image: d905e58016.jpg]

High res: http://puu.sh/dPHhT/83a0385481.png
I didn't like the ending to Dungeon 2. It was easy at parts, where we were able to rush, before the next map could load. Another issue was the ending. Death match shouldn't be the ending. Also, when players are loading a map, we should load before we start the dungeon, or once we complete a map. Lagging while finishing a map is never fun.

Here are my ideas for a Dungeon:

Why not have a unique theme for each map? Each map at the end would have a mini boss. Once the boss is killed you would get a reward to help you continue on your quest. The maps should link with each other.
Maps:

[*]Rocky Mountain's (or a new name): A mountain that ramps up with difficulty while the the higher you go. It would be Indiana-Jones-esque with rope bridges and rolling bolders that try to roll down the mountain and crush you (causing some brute damage). The mini boss would be The Mountain King: A giant with a grizzly pickaxe covered in blood.
[*]Crystal Caves: Part 2 of the Mountain. Now you're inside and you must find you way out. The mini boss should be a Rock Golem, or a serpent queen. Maybe something else.
[*]Forest Hollow (A dark forest):A spooky forest with spiders, skeletons, and mummies(?). End at a Haunted House where you have to kill the Vampire, Desmodus (Vampire Bat). Or maybe instead of reaching a haunted house, you have to travel through a haunted camp site, where you fight a Masked Serial Killer.
[*]Carnival of dreams: A evil carnival. Where you have to fight killer clowns and play minigames. To exit, you must complete all the mini games and kill The Joker.
[*]Dead Market: Spawn in a Grocery Store and have to fight off a horde of Zombies and end down a torn city. The mini boss would be a shambler or something else. I don't know. Maybe a unique assortment of zombies. They could be inspired from the Left for Dead series. One of the zombies could be a boomer, where when you kill it, it would create a gib effect, and emit toxic smoke.
[*]A dimensional rift: A map where you travel through a hellish dimension. There wouldn't be a mini boss. This is more of a brief respite before you reach the final map.
[*]Hell: The final boss awaits. You must kill Satan. He does fire damage and can set people on fire, so bring fire extinguishers and fire first aid kits.

These are just some ideas I had. I'll take all criticisms or ideas of any kinds. I know some of these ideas are a bit complex, but they aren't impossible to implement. The next challenge awaits.
lemme rephrase: I don't want suggestions for puzzles. I want suggestions on how the current ones could be improved, and criticisms on their design
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Half the fun in this is feeling like it was my idea, so I won't be using any ideas you leave here unless they're something like "in the darkness puzzle, it would have been nice to have hints. If you do another (I am), that'd be really cool"
Not sure if this is intentional design or not, but the puzzles (from my observation, anyways) seemed to be rather simplistic, and most of them followed a simple "navigate a room full of hostile things, find a button to press/things to smack into other things, proceed" format. Furthermore, something that was brought up was that the puzzle segments ended up getting way too cramped for their own good and seemed to be more fit towards smaller expedition groups as opposed to the hordes that usually swarm the Urs Dungeon. Combat segments were top notch, though.
I'm limited in size to an area around 30x30. the biggest level, the wizard tower, is 40x50 and nearly crashes the server when it's loaded.

until the size constraints are made more tolerable, Urs Dungeon will always have cramped levels. and dueb to the cramped levels, it'll always remain pretty simplistic
Alright, fair enough. I wasn't aware of the size constraints you had going, here.
Urs Dungeon 3 is done
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Urs Dungeon 3 is done

And so it begins
Just did a round of Urs Dungeon 3. It is incredibly well made and I had fun, despite the people going out of their way to try and ruin it for others.
Urs Dungeon 3 will be loaded on server 2 for the next couple hours

byond://ss13.lljk.net:26200/
Okay i lost all my notes and have the memory of a goldfish, so...

If you were one of the two co-winners of Urs Dungeon 3 or know them, please let me know because yeah
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Okay i lost all my notes and have the memory of a goldfish, so...

If you were one of the two co-winners of Urs Dungeon 3 or know them, please let me know because yeah

I was (babywrangler84) and the other dudes name escapes me, Malachi something or other.. iirc their key started with an R?
babywrangler85 Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Okay i lost all my notes and have the memory of a goldfish, so...

I was (babywrangler84) and the other dudes name escapes me, Malachi something or other.. iirc their key started with an R?
Sounds like Malachi Agg
babywrangler85 Wrote:

character name?