Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Urs Dungeon - 1 and 2
Just ran an alpha test of Urs Dungeon II's first 4 levels. If you participated, please share your opinions here.
What I got to see of the dungeon was pretty fun, especially when I got to be alone. Having a bunch of people trying it at once kind of ramps up the difficulty, and the lag. The cooperation needed with the prisons was interesting, but ended up just being a small obstacle. I liked that you could open the doors for later, though. Would be pretty easy alone, lag permitting. The actual course was difficult, but mostly based on your own skills so it's okay. Might be fine to keep most of those portals in if there's less people running around. You get a bunch of tries anyway.

The second part was fun, since I've personally never used whips before. Obviously could do with a tiny bit more lighting, two light sources (PDA + flashlight) seemed to be enough for atmosphere, just being able to see the rocks at the edge of view. It was VERY dark before I fumbled for a light though. And to be honest, I have NO idea how I actually beat it, whether there was an order or something to do the buttons. I really liked the room though, very fancy.

For the third and last one I did, the ghosts were very spooky (MY ONE WEAKNESS), so I kinda crawled along. The stun cane helped a lot, and might be good to have at the start (unless I'm blind, sorry). A fourth wall would be nice too. v
It seemed to have an interesting thing going on with it, too.

All in all, seems great, please keep up the awesome work, can't wait to try the whole thing and UTTERLY CRUSH IT.
The first level is being scrapped and replaced by an improved version of an old favorite from Urs Dungeon I. I'll let you guess which one : ]

The second level broke utterly and is probably gonna be reworked a bit. There is a point to the darkness, rest assured.

The ghost thing was my bad :x I thought lasers worked on ghosts! Apparently they do not. A proper weapon will be provided; if everyone is as careful as you were then they should not have trouble dealing with the ghosts.

current progress:

The new level 1 has been built. so we're at 4/8 levels built.

Urs Dungeon II will officially launch on schedule on Saturday, December 27th

I might do another beta test in between now and then, but i don't know when if so.
It's done.
O:
O:

Alpha Testing will be done throughout the week.

The official release will be 12:00PM PST on Saturday, December 27th.

I hope you're as excited as I am!?
:O
I have all of the excitement right now.

Don't let me forget. I will not miss this. I will be victorious.
Alpha test next round on 4, be there or be, uh, not there
Well, I just died as the last man standing and I guess I can throw my two cents in. It's still pretty damn fun and has definitely improved. The biggest problem of the dungeon is the amount of people. Having a large crowd (maybe 15 in my case) really makes it hard to get things finished with everyone shoving each other to figure it out especially at the Isaac Skeleton. The lava portion of the dungeon is improved since there way better lighting now! smile The water and bears part of the puzzle is nice, since I died to it and it served its purpose. Thanks Medi-Borg! v The arena was just a slaughterhouse, and not just of critters and wendingos. Personally, I would have probably put this before the room with Isaac Skeleton so it wouldn't be as crowded when the arena is finished. The last part to talk about is Area #5, which I think was Mars??? Either way this is where I think some guy and me made it. Mars is a relatively calm section, besides the Spirits who will trap some poor man in a corner and eat him(me). The floating eyes are annoying too, since it got to the point where I had to just kill a bunch of them to move.

The rewards were also nice! The blue jumpsuit was pretty cool and so was the ghost bustin' equipment that came with it. What's cool about this reward was that it actually played a role in Area #5 in which angry spirits are trying to eat you. The guns can easily kill them, but a stun baton works too.(Wish I knew that.) The rewards after the arena/wave room was kinda pointless. You get some cool Mad Max Thunderdome gear, but is kinda pointless since its after all the major fighting. Maybe this should be before the blue jumpsuit reward?

I must now state one thing before I post this. I said, "I'm going to CRUSH the dungeon." When I started. I didn't lie. Can't wait to tackle this tommorow! You should add a deathmatch between two people if they happen to make it to the end. CoughVelisanCough
only one can claim the ultimate prize smile
my intention was always to have the survivors pick just one of them to claim the prize, however they deemed fit to decide it.
sorry I'm late.

it's happening in 15 minutes on server 2
If you are having trouble connecting to #2, direct connect to the server using the server IP:

byond://ss13.lljk.net:26200/
It was fun to do this today, but would have been better if we had seen someone finish it. How long until we get another shot at it, of course after you get better from being sick or something.
TheTrixRabitt Wrote:It was fun to do this today, but would have been better if we had seen someone finish it. How long until we get another shot at it, of course after you get better from being sick or something.
That synth-flesh golem was actually a polonium golem! We were so close! SO CLOSE!
Thet Raytor just got into the Hall of Fame.

Go ahead and spoil puzzles here if you want, everything is gonna get a very good shuffling before it comes back next Saturday.
DyssalC Wrote:
TheTrixRabitt Wrote:It was fun to do this today, but would have been better if we had seen someone finish it. How long until we get another shot at it, of course after you get better from being sick or something.
That synth-flesh golem was actually a polonium golem! We were so close! SO CLOSE!
The omnizine golems were actually rajaijah golems
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Thet Raytor just got into the Hall of Fame.
Smug
Was there really any doubt that I could do it?

Special, very special angry shoutout to Kobe Watson. You know why.

Many thanks to Urs and the administration and coding team for design, implementation and all the hard work put in by everyone who helped. You made this possible.

Thanks to Salix Iforgotyourlastname, Geoff Goldman, and at least two other people whose names I've forgotten. You helped.

I'd say that, by pure entertainment and fun value, the first offical run has to top the second run where I won, as I was actually facing uncharted territory and things I don't know about, plus the admin !!FUN!! was a bit higher, which I think is the thing that made the first run.