Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do YOU like to traitor?
Another point is that I am the most unrobust fucker I know, so a lot of my traitor plans are made with this in mind. Suicide bombing populated parts of the station is a preferred tactic of mine, and staying alive tends to take a backseat to how much raw destruction I can put out before the crew kills me or I get myself killed. Usually, the latter happens without any need of the former.

Gimmicks also help rampagey traitors more than you might think. If you're wacky and confusing enough, the crew will be less likely to shout what you're doing over the radio and will be more concerned with trying to figure out what the fuck just happened. Bombing places is one thing; disguising yourself as an owl and angrily hooting at people before bombing places is another.

As for being a rogue AI, I have a few personal creeds I always keep in mind. When you get a law deeming that everyone is non-human except for one dude or anything else that gives you clearance to make people's lives miserable, you don't always have to act on it right away! Give it some time to fester and make the situation into a descent into anarchy rather than an explosion of anarchy. Furthermore, I usually try to turn subversive laws against the antagonists who upload them if I can find a loophole, ESPECIALLY if the antagonist in question clearly has no idea how to properly subvert the AI and royally fucks up the wording.
Usually I have some plan thats been cooked up way in advance. Then cry or exalt as said plan works/fails. I usually spend a good 25 minutes setting up my gimmick. So I tend to massively hate those that call the shuttle prematurely. I tend not to use traitor items and rely a lot on chemistry or engineering.
Wrasslin belt is the only true way to win the game.
I play on extended.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cR-WiGKZtg[/youtube]
:suicide:
Ed Venture Wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cR-WiGKZtg[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cR-WiGKZtg

Let's pretend the first two post never happen.
I traitor by giving absolutely zero shits of any sort and just doing whatever comes naturally
[Image: geggnqvl.jpg]
popecrunch Wrote:Vampire elmo
I'm afraid that's not a proper answer.
My actual traitor rounds I usually pass off to another player, as I prefer special roles more. When I do play traitor I like to lay traps, usually in the form of pipebombs on mousetraps.

I had to kill the Captain once, so I murdered him, but found out genetics was cloning him. So I put a bomb/mousetrap in a backpack, tossed it into genetics and said, "Don't touch this. It's for the captain. Has the traitor's gear in it." Sure enough, three seconds later Genetics explodes violently. I just find traps that people CHOOSE to wander in to more fun.
DyssalC Wrote:
popecrunch Wrote:Vampire elmo
I'm afraid that's not a proper answer.
For admins it is (please bring the little guy back)
When I traitor, or antag in general, I try to do everything in my power work with other antags if the opportunity arises. This almost always fails, mainly due to the short amount of time I have needing to explain myself to another antag before they horribly robust me. When I can manage to work with someone, great things tend to happen. In general, things work out much better in this game when you're not alone. Wraiths are by far the best antag to partner with, but, while they may be the easiest antag to contact, getting their attention can be rather difficult. On that note, changelings are the worst, because the moment where you identify them is either you getting eaten or is promptly followed with them spitting acid at you. Wizards are also difficult to contact, since they're justifiably paranoid about everyone and their mother trying to robust them.
Mageziya Wrote:When I traitor, or antag in general, I try to do everything in my power work with other antags if the opportunity arises. This almost always fails, mainly due to the short amount of time I have needing to explain myself to another antag before they horribly robust me. When I can manage to work with someone, great things tend to happen. In general, things work out much better in this game when you're not alone. Wraiths are by far the best antag to partner with, but, while they may be the easiest antag to contact, getting their attention can be rather difficult. On that note, changelings are the worst, because the moment where you identify them is either you getting eaten or is promptly followed with them spitting acid at you. Wizards are also difficult to contact, since they're justifiably paranoid about everyone and their mother trying to robust them.
The part about wizards is wrong. I was working as QM and one of them came and asked if I knew where was somebody. This poor guy has been stopped before killing.
I tend to prefer to be sneaky. Sneaky with bombs. TBVs are good since they have no sprite, they can be absolutely devestating.
So I quietly make my bombs - recently started to test with CLF3 smoke which works amazing, get myself an EMAG if I am not a head (whichs leaves enough points for a traitor card and a voice changer if I fuck up.), and then just placing the bombs in nice locations.

Genetics has a sweetspot in the back, right by the APC. You will be briefly seen when approching, but the bombspot is in a dark spot. Blows up the scanners and makes your fellow supermen pretty angry.
Bridge is a obvious target. The engine when I want to make engineers a bit sad. Security is good spot since you can get close via the maintence tunnels in the back.

I am completely unrobust. I don't want to fight at all so I prefer this method to be honest.