Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do YOU like to traitor?
i was thinking of writing some sort of fun guide to traitoring but i just decided to make this thread instead

i personally prefer going in quiet and using small arms such as the poison bow as the best approach is one that no one will ever see coming

mindslave implants are also effective on the right people like security officers simply because no one expects traitorous security
babayetu83 Wrote:because no one expects traitorous security
As someone who most often plays HoS i can confirm that this is, infact, not true
Surplus Crate-Happiness and joy or the ungodly luck of emp grenades and a bunch tactical grenades with one flare gun.

Kinda wish we had an updated graph of the most often purchased items. Pretty sure I saw one last year.
Bombs, That is all.(Also surplus crate or macrobomb.)
I try to be as much of a blatantly evil yet likeable bastard as possible. The result is I can stroll around the station with everyone knowing I'm horrendously evil and murder in the open on a whim with nobody caring. Refuge in audacity works pretty well here.
Xeram Wrote:I try to be as much of a blatantly evil yet likeable bastard as possible. The result is I can stroll around the station with everyone knowing I'm horrendously evil and murder in the open on a whim with nobody caring. Refuge in audacity works pretty well here.
One thing that helps a lot as a traitor is to be really helpful to particular people. I've gotten out of a tight spot more than once because some guy I dragged to medbay and attached his limbs will vouch for me as a solid dude.
Sneak up on people, kill them, repeat. TBH I take traitor rounds way too seriously.

Well, except for that one time I was a lown and went around emagging firebots. That was kind of fun.
Macro-bomb, business as usual.

Anytime I try to to anything elaborate like take hostages for a game show or connect the disposals pipes in a way that leads them directly into the crusher another antag comes up behind me and shoots/sabers/poisons/radbows/chokes/absorbs/consumes/stabs/burns/blasts/spaces me.
1. syndicate Pipebomb + mouse trap.

Hide the mouse trap bombs in bushes and if you want to be a huge jerk, push the people into the bushes so it looks like they suicide bombed.

2. knock someone down and then activate a syndicate pipebomb while standing over them.

I'm pretty sure doing this is instant death for both you and the victim.

3. Get a good gimmick.
Get an agent card, and a voice changer mask and a (optional) chameleon suit. Come up with a gimmick on the spot.

My favorite is centcom businessman: You're all fired.

Another one I did once was call myself goku and run around saying "Hi I'm goku" and hit people while wearing the wrestle belt.

Another good option is syndie claus, get the santa claus hat and deliver bombs and death.
Unless I have something particular in mind I tend to go Surplus Crate. There is something insanely fun about the randomness and trying to be creative enough to use what's in the crates. If anything I find them a little too gun heavy. Of course, guns plus mind slaves means killing my targets then having the implantees hunt one another in an overly serious game of death. Or just implanting the targets themselves and murdering the winner... or offering a repreive if he did well.

Normally though I'm definitely a stealthy traitor. During a traitor round I'll usually have anywhere between two and five aliases in terms of scrambled DNA, clothing changes that obscure the face, and/or IDs.
Actually my absolute favorite piece of traitor gear are the derringer and the radio jammer. Derringer gets you one guaranteed kill and if you turn on a radio jammer you can stun a guy and drag him, screaming for help, all the way from QM to the gibber without anyone noticing.
I don't roll traitor as much as I used to, but when I do, I go one of two routes:

I load up on weapons, nab some poison bottles and syringe gun, get a radbow, a shotgun, a revolver, a saber, whatever...but I keep it on me and only use my weapons in isolated, hidden environments. I don't do rampages very well, so I take a much more nuanced approach to my weaponry.

Or I take an inverse approach: I basically axe the station's power, get some radio jammers, load up on guns, and prowl the station as the crew members scramble to try and figure out where all of the power went.

I don't tend to be very lucky with traitor draws, so I haven't had enough practice with some of my gimmickier fare, though I have lots of plans.
I traitor in a huge variety of ways. Favourites are mercury pens, remote bombs, and serial identity theft.
I love casual rampages, but not specifically for the killing; I've got to the point that being arrested and put into a nigh-impossible situation is my favourite challenge.

One of my absolute favourite moments was spending about 20 minutes after arrested befriending two Security Officers. No resistance, chatting about objectives and enemies, voluntarily handcuffing myself when they wanted to come in to the brig, all sorts of lovely things.
Eventually I asked for my gear back, got told no, and after a little bit of nagging, he laughed and caved, so we went up to the lockers at the top
I had timed this perfectly; there was a huge distraction at the AI upload, I had told the detective where I spawned some items I left behind (lies), and Sec was now empty, so I pulled a derringer out of my shoes and shot the cop dead as he opened the locker.
His last words were "that's the last time I make friends"

Another favourite was faking my own death perfectly; after being relentlessly hunted down by a million goddamn people, I scavenged one of my own victims' bodies, dressed them up in all of my clothes and some gear, put a gas mask on him and threw him at the HoS. He bought it, I wandered off, melted my face with acid, shaved and walked right on to the shuttle, where I subsequently shot the HoS to death. He had handcuffed my "corpse" and was keeping it as a trophy.

I've innumerable instances of similar events; derringering cops through windows and walking right out of the brig in his clothes, setting elaborate traps to trigger sequences of escalation and arm myself, disguising myself over and over and over so nobody knows the enemy; a Sec officer once said to me "I think you have sociopathic tendencies"

I have absolutely no idea why this is my favourite traitor activity, as I am entirely the opposite in other roles and IRL
God bless space man
Rampage. All the time. Everyone is a target, no exceptions, unless they give me a pet bee or something. Only slightly less rude than some other notable examples.

I usually don't bother permanently removing people from a round, though, especially if, say, I'm a Chef. I only knife-gib someone if they are robust and keep (effectively) trying to beat me up. It is a rare round that sees me trying to permanently off the entire crew like some sort of silent death machine. This is because I see deadchat sometimes and have shared the miserable feeling of having some in-round experimentation interrupted by some jerk who decided to test their gib-chem grenade on me.

One round I was a Staff Assistant traitor, so I just bought a macrobomb, and ran around stabbing people with pointy objects until a mob of six or seven people got tired of my shit and beat me to death in Medbay. So much blood all over the station from hapless people I harassed.

I don't really do subtle. The only successful stealth thing I've ever done that I can remember was pretending to be a security officer as a syndicate nuke op.
Poisons and NPCs. I've nailed almost forty people in a round with a sleepypen before, totally undetected. That was a nonlethal mixture because otherwise there wouldn't have been forty people to pen, some people got hit two or three times. My slurrypoison mix is crazy. NPCs, I love ice spiders, fermids and so on. But the RoBuddies are the best. The Elektro-Arc module was my big (re)discovery.

Mostly, I just like to make situations I can listen to, watch or interact with. Straight up murder is pretty boring! I want to learn canister bomb science simply because those things can give off an intimidating command message.

These days, I'm more into playing sec than traitor. Sec is SS13 hard mode.