Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Mind Swapper artifact
(01-22-2016, 11:04 AM)Roomba Wrote: This did not work out very well when it was a genetics mutation. I can't imagine it working out well as an artifact either.

well its a good thing then that it would work totally different than the mutation as outlined in the op
Even so I still feel like it's a bad idea and would make me stay the hell away from any artifacts forever. Something I don't want to have to do as I find artifacts fun and I rather not avoid them cause some dumb gimmick got added to them
Yeah, I only really see this going the same way as the mutation being fun at first, but then getting removed after a wave of people get really pissed off at it.
(01-22-2016, 03:30 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Even so I still feel like it's a bad idea and would make me stay the hell away from any artifacts forever. Something I don't want to have to do as I find artifacts fun and I rather not avoid them cause some dumb gimmick got added to them

i dont know i still think this sounds rather tame considering how other artifacts can do much much worse things to you
There are bad things that can happen to you and still be fun and there are bad things that can happen to you and darn right ruin the game for you. Now what those things are to you are completely subjective but I'm not alone in thinking this was a poorly thought out gimmick from the get go
I remember the flaming, teleporting, mindswapping, endlessly screaming dead monkeys that plagued LLJK#1 before genetics got switched up a bit. Thinking about an artifact that can bring about that much chaos normally reserved for an admin gimmick kinda scares me.
i don't much care for your fearmongering
(01-22-2016, 12:30 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 11:04 AM)Roomba Wrote: This did not work out very well when it was a genetics mutation. I can't imagine it working out well as an artifact either.

well its a good thing then that it would work totally different than the mutation as outlined in the op

(01-23-2016, 05:05 PM)Vunterslaush Wrote: I remember the flaming, teleporting, mindswapping, endlessly screaming dead monkeys that plagued LLJK#1 before genetics got switched up a bit. Thinking about an artifact that can bring about that much chaos normally reserved for an admin gimmick kinda scares me.
I wanted this as a wizard power
Tangentially related, but I've always wished large artifacts had more unambiguously good effects. The best you can get are healing and the rather boring botany one. The mutation/injector ones are a crapshoot, and the rest range from annoying to debilitating to lethal.

Anyhow, if this gets added, enough people dislike the idea of mindswapping that it would be another reason to never do artifact research ever, and the average reaction would be 'fuck, another one of those, space it'.
This should only ever remain as an admin thing. You can already emulate the identity change thing via unstable mutagen if people put the effort into it.

Adding this to the pool is going to discourage crew-artifact interactions and encourage more distaste for artifacts in general (e.g : noise makers).
Isn't the engine-looking machine in the void the thing you're searching?
I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the damn thing. It's a lot of work getting an unwilling subject there and setting it up, and if you want to switch minds with a willing person it's way easier just to stable mutagen into each other and swap clothes.
The void mind swapper only works once, and it's easy to setup.