Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Mind Swapper artifact
today i experienced a round where spyguy/haine/whoever kept swapping people to different bodies

so i think this would make a fun artifact

and to prevent excessive grief and people being garbage just have it activate once a set number of people touch it

ie first discount dan touches it, and then shaquille obama touches it and only those two swap bodies and they remain this way until the artifact deactivates/permanently
So, exactly like the old admin-spawned odd jukebox?
If you really want to get confused, you could use the futurama theorum.

Reqiure that anyone who has mind swapped can't mindswap back directly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prison ... he_theorem

The really short version is if you have two people who have mindswapped, they can be changed back using two additional volunteers to put each mind back in the proper place.
This can only lead to mischief, harm, and trouble. I full heartedly support this. Especially seeing an antagonist can either use this to dump his body, or frame somebody by claiming he was coerced into using it.
Can you mindswap with wendigos and space bears, is the question?
A suggestion for alternative shenaniganry, the person who touches the artifact would brain swap with a random person in the same general area. If there's two people by the artifact they'll probably brain swap, but if that clown inches too close, the poor guy who touched the artifact could be sent into the clown body.
atomic1fire Wrote:A suggestion for alternative shenaniganry, the person who touches the artifact would brain swap with a random person in the same general area. If there's two people by the artifact they'll probably brain swap, but if that clown inches too close, the poor guy who touched the artifact could be sent into the clown body.

This sounds the best for how it would work. I love the idea that someone could be on the other side of a wall, and you get mind swapped with them. This could even be used intentionally to swap into a victims body. However, then you are the victim. I think traitor status should carry over as well.
zewaka Wrote:However, then you are the victim. I think traitor status should carry over as well.

and then you have a mad dash of the entire crew chasing a traitor around, dragging a mindswap artifact? nah.

plus that wouldn't make sense. being a traitor would be a more mental thing, not physical. you'd probably still be a traitor, just inside your new body.
I'm imagining someone setting up a time bomb, waiting until it's a few seconds before detonating, then mindswaping out of there.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:
zewaka Wrote:However, then you are the victim. I think traitor status should carry over as well.

and then you have a mad dash of the entire crew chasing a traitor around, dragging a mindswap artifact? nah.

plus that wouldn't make sense. being a traitor would be a more mental thing, not physical. you'd probably still be a traitor, just inside your new body.
This, this is a great tool for traitors so long as antag status DOES NOT stay with the body, as long as it remains with byond key it allows traitors to potentially get away with murder, by swapping bodies or by faking such.
Sam Guivene Wrote:
LinkDaWolf Wrote:

This, this is a great tool for traitors so long as antag status DOES NOT stay with the body, as long as it remains with byond key it allows traitors to potentially get away with murder, by swapping bodies or by faking such.

yeah, true.

plus, all your traitor gear would still be in your old body.

all i can see is a traitor planting all their old traitor gear somewhere on the station so they can do a great switcharoo with someone, and then go recover their gear. glorious
i accidentally clicked on page 37 of the forums and saw this and i still think it'd be a really fun idea
Oh god please no. I've had like three rounds ruined because of this gimmick and its down right shitty for antags, tokens or no. Letting this be a artifact would get extremely annoying fast
This did not work out very well when it was a genetics mutation. I can't imagine it working out well as an artifact either.
Oh please don't ever make this more than a rare admin gimmick. smith considering suicide