Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Iirc there are steel bars behind the centcomm door that requires jet fuel* to melt 

*JET FUEL CANT MELT STEEL BEAMS.
If I remember reading the sol wiki correctly, you can melt the steel beams with kerosene, and behind the beams is an incomplete-looking room with invisible walls and nothing else.
(11-23-2016, 05:54 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: If I remember reading the sol wiki correctly, you can melt the steel beams with kerosene, and behind the beams is an incomplete-looking room with invisible walls and nothing else.

I don't think we've visited it in a while, maybe stuff's been changed.
About a week ago on lljk1 the admins spawned these "engineers in a box" that instantly destroyed stuff. So at round end one of the people with one of these used it on the cent comm door breaking it it also worked on the steel beams and we entered it and well the rooms still empty.
(11-24-2016, 10:27 AM)HydroFloric Wrote: About a week ago on lljk1 the admins spawned these "engineers in a box" that instantly destroyed stuff. So at round end one of the people with one of these used it on the cent comm door breaking it it also worked on the steel beams and we entered it and well the rooms still empty.

Maybe the room isn't missing something, perhaps we are.
I'm fairly certain that what you are missing is this

Code:
/obj/nerd_trap_door
    name = "Heavily locked door"
    desc = "Man, whatever is in here must be pretty valuable. This door seems to be indestructible and features an unrealistic amount of keyholes."
    var/list/expected = list("silver key", "skeleton key", "literal skeleton key", "hot iron key", "cold steel key", "onyx key", "key lime pie", "futuristic key", "virtual key", "golden key", "bee key", "iron key", "iridium key", "lunar key")
    var/list/unlocked = list()
    var/list/ol = list()
    icon = 'icons/misc/aprilfools.dmi'
    icon_state = "hld0"
    opacity = 1
    density = 1
    anchored = 1
icon = 'icons/misc/aprilfools.dmi'
(11-26-2016, 08:59 AM)Grek Wrote: icon = 'icons/misc/aprilfools.dmi'

I prefer this one ↓
Code:
/obj/nerd_trap_door
Don't know if you guys have found this yet, but there's an image at the radio shack similar to the one that Jones gives you if you use the deluxe membership card on him.
[Image: ALvsPNK.png]

(11-26-2016, 11:42 AM)Schwicky_Schwag Wrote: Don't know if you guys have found this yet, but there's an image at the radio shack similar to the one that Jones gives you if you use the deluxe membership card on him.
-image-
Nevermind, dug through this thread a bit and found out this is old. Maybe it could be of some interest still?
Pretty sure this paper can be found somewhere else. I just can't remember where.
Has anyone checked the new centcom for any secrets?
Hrm, not sure how relevant this is, but I was looking for a tree in the public release and I found something about Carcosa.
(01-31-2017, 06:49 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: Hrm, not sure how relevant this is, but I was looking for a tree in the public release and I found something about Carcosa.

It is related to the king in yelllow, a book in game that is based of the novel of the same name by Robert W. Chambers, in which it is a forbidden play that induces madness on those who read it
Quote:Carcosa

There were originally plans for the swamp visible to the west of the Biodome's upper level to be something more than what it is now, which is background scenery. It is, however, sadly incomplete, and I don't offhand remember who was working on it or if they're still around. I think it may have been Infinite Monkeys or Marquesas?
All I remember was being attacked by a grumpy ogre.