Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
(02-22-2016, 11:34 AM)robertmanbob Wrote: Uh, wasn't there some weird dungeon a while ago revolving around the number 7? I'm probably just being dumb though, it appeared during one of my extended breaks from the game.
Yeah, that's the chamber of the number.
https://sol.miraheze.org/wiki/Speculatio...the_Number
However, it was confirmed to be a one-round thing by lison and doesnt actually exist, probably (From Twoflower)
Wait hold on second, there's a wiki for this insanity?

How long has this been a thing?
(02-22-2016, 03:52 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Wait hold on second, there's a wiki for this insanity?

How long has this been a thing?

I just made it on the 19th. I've just been compiling all information I can find and shoving it on there, some of it has to be of some use.
The cheget is my new fascination, now that wiki told me how to open it up.

I tried the good gold skeleton key on it, no luck, unfortunately. I also was going to try the niobium key, but if the niobium key is in your backpack, it has no sprite, which means you can never get it out, so that's unfortunate. I'll have to try it next time. 

I'm betting Cheget Key #2 will be similar to #1 though in that it will be found under some obscure floor tile in a semi-hard to reach piece of an adventure zone, that will never be found until someone deciphers an obscure clue of some kind.  But I'll still keep trying random things I think of on it.

Also fun observation: That chamber of the number thing featured a Waxwail Dagger. You can get Wax as a reagent from the Lunar Museum. I tried combining Wax and Ectoplasm to no real avail, but maybe it can be used another way to make this dagger?
(02-22-2016, 09:10 PM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote: The cheget is my new fascination, now that wiki told me how to open it up.

I tried the good gold skeleton key on it, no luck, unfortunately. I also was going to try the niobium key, but if the niobium key is in your backpack, it has no sprite, which means you can never get it out, so that's unfortunate. I'll have to try it next time. 

I'm betting Cheget Key #2 will be similar to #1 though in that it will be found under some obscure floor tile in a semi-hard to reach piece of an adventure zone, that will never be found until someone deciphers an obscure clue of some kind.  But I'll still keep trying random things I think of on it.

Also fun observation: That chamber of the number thing featured a Waxwail Dagger. You can get Wax as a reagent from the Lunar Museum. I tried combining Wax and Ectoplasm to no real avail, but maybe it can be used another way to make this dagger?

Couldn't you hold the bag in one hand and clickdrag it onto the floor to empty out your backpack? Niobium key may not have a sprite but I'd imagine once it's on the floor you could right-click to get it or something?
(02-23-2016, 12:49 AM)rukral Wrote: Couldn't you hold the bag in one hand and clickdrag it onto the floor to empty out your backpack? Niobium key may not have a sprite but I'd imagine once it's on the floor you could right-click to get it or something?

Oh shit is this a thing you can do? I never knew that. If that happens again I'll try it.

Also, I noticed something on that wiki- It claims the second cheget key is hidden on meat station under a floor tile, as well as a hatch that goes to another place. Was that given as a real hint by someone or is it just pure random speculation?

Third random question: Is it still possible to visit Geminorum V? I can't figure out how to interact with the long range teleporter at all.
Geminorum V can still be visited. You need to get within 10 units of its randomly located pixel in the quantum telescope for the long range teleporter to get its coordinates.

As for the 2nd cheget key - no, no one knows where it is. The hatch comes from a throwaway comment of something along the lines of "Did you guys ever find the hatch?" or something and people latched on to it desperately, even though it's just is likely a red herring or completely innocuous thing that we've already found.
I'd like to warn everyone against obsessing too much about keys and the solarium,

Here'sI some pictures from my personal journal from about a year ago, where I spent ~2 days without sleep working on the solarium.

page 1
page 2
page 3
page 4
Just checked. Niobium key doesn't work on the cheget. Neither does an owl egg, or a toolbox.

Why did I try those things? Well, the owlery has 6 owls, and one egg, which if hatched would make 7 owls, and the hint was about the number 7. Toolboxes have seven slots? I dunno.

Next time I might try to pour Initro onto the cheget since that has 7 reagents. I'm not good with puzzles, the only way I ever get through adventure games is through brute force trying everything on everything.

I also tried bringing the counterfeit bee onto Meatstation, particular to the soviet ship, the hidden room, and the final room. No reactions to any of it, so wrong trail there.

I also still can't figure out the quantum telescope. I hit 3 signals with it, Weak Signal, Unknown Signal 23.23, and Unknown Beacon A23V. Selecting them all goes to the same place, and it doesn't seem to do anything to the quantum teleporter.
If you find a key and the automaton takes it, it's not likely a cheget key. The cheget is not directly related to the solarium, and we've got strong evidence that its keys aren't solarium related either.
(02-23-2016, 12:15 PM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote: Unknown Beacon A23V.
That's Gen V. You can tell because of the V.
What you do is you click the label thing that appears, and click scan. It should tell you distance.
Then you can triangulate or whatever you want to call it and get within 10 pixels of the location.
(02-23-2016, 01:46 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 12:15 PM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote: Unknown Beacon A23V.
That's Gen V. You can tell because of the V.
What you do is you click the label thing that appears, and click scan. It should tell you distance.
Then you can triangulate or whatever you want to call it and get within 10 pixels of the location.

Well thanks to your advice I managed to get there. I tried bringing the runic tablet from biodome there, unfortunately didn't do anything. I did make some armor out of the soulsteel bar though, but it doesn't seem to have any kinda special effects. I couldn't really get it to work as an improvised weapon or anything to make the dagger, but I don't really understand much behind making improvised weapons anyway.

I also tried extinguishing the candles, and pouring water on them from a beaker, but that had no results either. I know thinking logically doesn't usually get you anywhere, but it was worth a shot.

Also sorry for spamming the topic with my telesci shenanigans but I feel like the only way progress will ever be made is if everyone shares, so we know what's already been tried so we can move on to new methods. I really like the wiki, its a huge step in the right direction.
(02-23-2016, 03:09 PM)Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote: Also sorry for spamming the topic with my telesci shenanigans but I feel like the only way progress will ever be made is if everyone shares, so we know what's already been tried so we can move on to new methods. I really like the wiki, its a huge step in the right direction.
Yeah, that's why I made the wiki. So potentially more people can get involved and we all are up to date on what people have tried or have not tried so we don't repeat ourselves.

In the vein of that topic, I have created a 'Needing Doing' page and a 'Tried Methods' page. Again, anyone is free to edit the wiki and add in stuff. If you simply just can't format just tell me and I'll help clean it up. Hopefully this way we can communicate more effectively and solve the riddles and puzzles we have in front of us.
Please refrain from posting fanfictions on the wiki, thank you very much.

wtf
Anyone tried mindswapping with the automaton? Is it even movable?

Does Shitty Bill accept keys?

Have we tried bringing Shitty Bill to the automaton?