Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Telegnats Wrote:Debatable. Matter Eater might get rid of the rocks easier, but it might get rid of the entire tile. In fact, have we tried matter eater on the 'Nothing'? I know there is a wall underneath is but.. Eh.
Unless it got changed, Matter Eater has been fixed to not work at all on the Adventure Zone Z-Level due to rampant abuse and sun-eating.

There is, however, one exception out there. One very, very noteworthy exception.
I remember eating my way through the block puzzle in the bio dome. It took twice as long than it would have to solve it. v
Telegnats Wrote:
69andahalf Wrote:
Telegnats Wrote:Eer.. Which inscription where?

The Geminorum.

Hm. If that's the case, we could try to use more keys on it. I have my doubts that it will even do anything, but the heavily locked door's secrets are nigh unobtainable at this point.
I know I'm late on this but...

My best guess on how to unlock that door at Centcomm would be to have seven or eight people carry two keys (one in each hand) and try to quickly cycle each other out (two people hit the door, one on each side, then as soon as they try both of their keys the move for the next batch of players). But that would take an extreme amount of coordination to pull off, and even then if there's an order to each key you might not even have enough time. But here's my main question, say someone actually does manage to break through that door. I know that isn't really- yeah its apart of the problem along with the lack of "actual keys".

What happens then (obviously no one knows except our godly admins and maetcho Menn that didn't get gibbed), I mean if you're quick enough could it possible that the server won't even reset maybe it triggers a Sol-like badend event. Or [crackpot theory time] my guess is that the rest of the servers are in that room, LLJK 2, 3, and 4 are all in that room. Why else would it be so stupidly secure, if someone could actually bust into there and destroy a server, it'd launch a disaster event without the players on those servers even knowing who did it.

If anyone is up to try this I got all day tomorrow to do this.
Yea, bit late. Past the doors and onto things we can't melt with jet fuel.
Maybe you nerds tried this already, but did anyone try Musculature Enhancement in the rocks you were talking about before?
Completely Unrelated, but does anyone notice how the ambiance for Mars is really glitched? Why?

Perhaps the Mars Outpost is really a simulation? A large sphere orbiting somewhere in space, where it simulates the conditions of Mars? (A very broken one at that.)
I'm pretty sure that mars was intended to sound that way. It gives it a feel of something having gone very wrong.
Vunterslaush Wrote:I'm pretty sure that mars was intended to sound that way. It gives it a feel of something having gone very wrong.

Yes. But this is LORE we are talking about. Another idea is that there are overhead speakers, this are on all stations, they give us the ambiance and stuff. These ones happen to be very old.
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:
Vunterslaush Wrote:I'm pretty sure that mars was intended to sound that way. It gives it a feel of something having gone very wrong.

Yes. But this is LORE we are talking about. Another idea is that there are overhead speakers, this are on all stations, they give us the ambiance and stuff. These ones happen to be very old.

Mars outpost is just a reference to another server that ran a mars station in SS13 if I recall correctly.
Ye
Wait - geminorum translates literally into twin in Latin - could their be a counterpart to the geminorum we know about?
Macman1223 Wrote:could their be a counterpart

Shit, I meant there.
The closest 'twin' the Gemonirum is the biodome, and the two are almost entirely disconnected it seems. On top of that, I think the name Geminorum is a reference to a star in the Gemini constellation, rather than the actual meaning of the word.
Upon further inspection, the constellation Gemini is supposed to depict a set of twins. Which... Is probably why it was called Gemini. Interesting theory and deserves some thought, but we don't have much to go on.
Mars is actually "all that remains" of an old semi-goon affiliate Mars Outpost ss13 server.

The good polytrinic acid died with it. RIP