Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Holy fuck, Bloodline termination!? Good lord, that is horrible!
we outsourced it to reddit, reddit did good things
this "one partner in the field" sounds interesting

what happens if you say "automaton" to shitty bill or other weird figures?
OMJ Wrote:we outsourced it to reddit, reddit did good things
What was the code word the cipher used? Might help with decoding the other one.
DyssalC Wrote:
OMJ Wrote:we outsourced it to reddit, reddit did good things
What was the code word the cipher used? Might help with decoding the other one.
From reddit:
Quote: solved it.
So, decrypt Note 1 using Note 2 as the vigenere key and you get:
GZBSCUBMJGBCVYRSUYXLWWBLPHFLRWKWPFHYHOSVJWJISVKOWBQUVQTBYCXXSGNLRWSWLTNTBMTMUWSUYXZBHXETYWODHLNRQYWT SWSWRGNJKQOJJFJFNMXSMPKUUXNRDILWFXKTKGIOOBATKBVIBWSUYXCPCCKFMDGCWGJWFXTGNHVNYFUQRNIVBHMZDHTVEEHPHJIZ FXWHSCSMGSJRHMXDHTOVNQPNFNSVSALAYIMNFIZXFMYGSOWBLTNFGBSMWWIYKBDZHHRVQNEKPINAULFVSSHDSPHRBKWXJUZUHMHC RCDLYSTFOMWVUZFVHZMCBZIZKROJNWZWTWDWWJXUIRTSCRWROWTFOZICLPHTYSVMBPJMXBNBAROMLJLTZXRQCFTHCZMWHUYWFHBE CLPH
Then this is an ordinary vigenere cipher with a length 9 key vigenere key( 9 ): TZOEJDBUF decrypt: NANOTRASENCORPORATEMISSIONASSIGNMENTOPERATIONCL ASSNTBLACKYOURMISSIONISTOINFILTRATEANDOBSERVETHEOPERATIONOFTERRAFACILITYEIGHTASUSPECTEDFALSEFLAGORCH ESTRATEDBYTHESYNDICATEDONOTREVEALYOURSELFYOUHAVEONEPARTNERINTHEFIELDYOUARENOTAUTHORIZEDTOREQUESTNTAS SISTANCEINTHEFIELDYOUWILLBEEXTRACTEDUPONMILITARYACTIONTAKENAGAINSTFACILITYYOURSAFETYCODEISAUTOMATONN ONCOMPLETIONOFTHISMISSIONWILLRESULTINBLOODLINETERMINATION
for those interested, i used this: http://www.practicalcryptography.com/ci ... pt-example to decrypt note 1 using note 2, the the python script here: http://www.practicalcryptography.com/cr ... er-part-2/ to break it.

He actually did a part wrong, the key for the second thing is supposed to by SYNDICATE.
Which doesn't change that it's deciphered. All good in the neighbourhood.

We're in an ARG now, outsourcing was a viable tactic. So was goading Marq into confirming details about the puzzle, he calls it "social hacking".

I got grumped quite a bit from some of the #sol crew in PMs about not respecting the puzzle.

These same people were trying to run it through janky bullshit online vig crackers. I just used another community to do it.
for future reference: please dont give every puzzle we get to fucking reddit of all places
Twoflower Wrote:for future reference: please dont give every puzzle we get to fucking reddit of all places

like this is first and foremost a fun thing for the goonstation community to do, it kinda rubs me the wrong way to just post it on reddit and wait for some random stranger to do it for us
I politely disagree. Solarium and all of the telescience puzzle-ry is something exclusive to Goonstation, yes. But given the choice between bashing our heads against a bunch of letters for weeks or sacrificing a bit of Goonstation pride by outsourcing a cipher to reddit, I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of folks will prefer the latter as opposed to the former. It's not like this is going to be a habitual thing.
The main issue I see is that in the future the puzzles may get more difficult to prevent someone from doing this kind of thing again.
This is why people call other people in IRC nerds.
to be perfectly honest, this is a game, and it defeats the purpose of the game to outsource it to non-players.
play2win
So I have the answer but never have time to play

this is suffering
Twoflower Wrote:for future reference: please dont give every puzzle we get to fucking reddit of all places

I agree. Besides, SA is more intelligent and less asshole-infested.