Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
I'm not sure if this was here before or not, but I found this.

This is a peculiarly coloured clupea pallasi.
What is this? Why is this here? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS?
It is a normal-sized item.
Forgot to say that it was in the radio shack.
Nickner21 Wrote:I'm not sure if this was here before or not, but I found this.

This is a peculiarly coloured clupea pallasi.
What is this? Why is this here? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS?
It is a normal-sized item.

Culpea pallasi is a species of herring.
It's a red herring.
That's a fucking awful pun.
After several hours of bashing our heads together in the IRC, some heavy organizational effort from AmosMoses and a eureka moment from oxy (or whatever his forum name is because no one on the IRC knows his forum name for some reason giving credit should not be this hard christ), we figured out the puzzle and accessed Wire's console!

I've taken the liberty of writing up a short guide to the decryption, complete with proof-reading by Wire himself:

Quote:http://goonhub.com/secret

The cypher book is the in-game Hydroponics Guide, the necessary content starts after Chapter 1; headlines, tips, Addendums and anything before Chapter 1 is not used.
The cypher code is PWL - Paragraph, Word, Letter (remember that 0's count as the first thing!).
Also note that hyphens count as words!!!
Chapter 1 is paragraphs 0-6, chapter 2 is 7-19, chapter 3 is 20-27, chapter 4 is 28-47.

Password example:
----------
28 3 4 33 28 3 40 18 6 26 15 0 29 27 0 22 5 0 47 19 0

28 3 4: i
33 28 3: v
40 18 6: d
26 15 0: U
29 27 0: y
22 5 0: k
47 19 0: D

ivdUykD
----------

How to get the numbers: go in-game and tune your headset to 148.7, the male vox will read them off twice in succession every 15 minutes into the round.

The numbers change with every hour, but passwords from the previous hour will still work until the next cycle.

Wire is currently updating the console frequently, and one of the recent additions is the "sudo" command... which apparently requires a completely different password. We're not entirely sure how to get that one yet.
In the Biodome caves, me and Nickner found a strange canisters labelled, "Unknown Gas", with a connector port. We brought in a empty canister, hooked it up, and it filled the empty canister up in an instant. We weren't able to find out the composition or purpose of the gas as a scanner said it was simply "unknown gas" and in a testing chamber it seemed to be transparent and inflammble. No idea what it's used for, but knowing this, probably not something useless.
I heard that it turns CO2 into O2? Isn't the atmosphere of the Ice Moon entirely CO2?
subtumaka Wrote:In the Biodome caves, me and Nickner found a strange canisters labelled, "Unknown Gas", with a connector port. We brought in a empty canister, hooked it up, and it filled the empty canister up in an instant. We weren't able to find out the composition or purpose of the gas as a scanner said it was simply "unknown gas" and in a testing chamber it seemed to be transparent and inflammble. No idea what it's used for, but knowing this, probably not something useless.
I heard that it turns CO2 into O2? Isn't the atmosphere of the Ice Moon entirely CO2?
It's good for making epic scale bombs. Thats about it.
Right, I checked out the secret website and accessed it. Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but there's an unaccessible folder named "haringo". As it turns out, "haringo" is a word in esperanto. It translates to "herring".
I feel as this has been a long time coming...

NERRRRRRDS

Smug
bear in mind no use has been found for the einstein rosen loaf/ future station is shaped exactly like the solarium
Also in goonhub/secret the shitty bill sketch looks exactly like This Man, a being in dreams. Google it
also where the fuck did you guys get cultists from?
stop trying to make this make sense
OMJ Wrote:also where the fuck did you guys get cultists from?
stop trying to make this make sense
They got cultists from my long-winded rants that postulated that there's some group behind a vast majority, if not the entirety of Solarium-related shit, that they're most definitely related to the Darkness entities, and may or may not be related to the aliens from that Indiana Jones movie that everyone hates.

It's probably more of background fluff than anything else, but it explains quite a few things and unifies a whole lot of the seemingly disparate elements of Solarium into one nice, neat, cult-y package. Relevance to the actual solving of the puzzle put aside, it's convenient, prevalent, and massively entertaining to talk about with no context.
So how do you access the Shitty Bill sketch on the goonhub console
(Shittybill sketech) http://pastebin.com/2vVQ52N7

http://www.thisman.org/
Just so it doesn't get missed.

There's a new key, somehow. In the form of a mutation, somehow.

At round start everyone rolls their mutations. Everyone is the same on ye' old station except for one person. They're a member of the crew they could even be you.
That person is random. It could be Guy Lefuqe in QM, it could be Captain Whomeverthefuck.

The mutation itself is different. You'll know it when you find it. It's red. Complex DNA. When we saw it it was four groups of base pairs. All locked. 6 character code, 5 things to use, G C T A U.

When you unlock it in the cloner you open up being able to do complex DNA research. You can upgrade material usage and cooldowns to laughably small amounts. Materials storage goes up to 180 and mutations storage goes up to 7.

This mutation could possibly have far more greater importance. What happens when you research all known mutations via normal research and combinations? Can it be combined with Saturated Junk DNA (Reclaims into a good amount of materials) Do you need this mutation to do a thing? Would the Ill-looking fellow benefit from this mutation at all?

The kicker is once its rolled its rolled. When its gone its gone. If Guy Lefuqe slips on a banana peel and whistles himself at Warp 5 out an airlock you're S.O.L.

That should be a real hoot to find on LLJK4.

I got some hints that were in hindsight pretty damn easy, I figured it was genetics related since one of them would be that I couldn't do it alone. Credit to Valterak for finding the person on the station who had it and doing the unlock... and not falling in the lava.
The genetic discovery was just a happy accident. The key that makes a person unique when the spawn remains elusive. Not genetics related.

Not pathogens, nothin to do with pathology, hrm. Not the brain, not the skull not the heart.