Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
AmosMoses Wrote:If you're a solariumist I highly recommend you hop on 1 right now.
Haha, I dropped in as a clown to see what you guys were up to, left to go see Laverne Cox speak, and came back and you guys were still at.
I've always been interested in the Solarium puzzle but never actually got to join in on it. I've scrawled crude notes over the radio shack paper to see what I could find.

[Image: e7b6a2341f3e51878ca81fad06decbc3.png]
Using the limited knowledge I could scrounge from the thread and whenever it's talked about, this is what I've come up with.
In the corner, there's a small spot I've circled where the blood lightens up and you can see the paper, and there doesn't seem to be any darker lines going through. Maybe the blood isn't actually hiding anything right there? It could just be a design oversight that was missed because the 'mins didn't nitpick it apart like I am, but whatever roll eyes (sarcastic) . In the lower crossed out section, I got everything down but that one four that may possibly be a nine (Marked with a circle and a big ?). 'Is PWL?' seems to refer to the Windows encryption PWL (Found by googling 'PWL encryption code'), which according to the websites I checked is an RC4 based encryption key. RC4 decrypters gave me gibberish, maybe that's a dead end. I dunno. confused

The top part that's scribbled out is too scribbled out to make anything out, but I think there's an 8 there. Judging by the spacing of the letters next to it, I'm guessing 2-3 numbers got scribbled out. The big string of letters is linked via arrow to the string of numbers, and it looks a lot like something you'd get out of a URL shortener. The 7 just above the blood, marked with an arrow and the 'trail-off from dying' reminded me of when I nod off when writing, and your writing does trail like that. Maybe the writer got stabbed in the back by the figure depicted with the crude-ass drawing right above the right bloodstain, then he bled all over the bottom of the paper. The drawing is interesting, because it's the only colored part of the note, other then the blood. Everything is written in black, but the drawing has red eyes, which can barely be seen unless you zoom in on the picture with an editing program.
Don't fry stuff ever. anything that will solve the solarium won't require the destruction of anything.
Alright, I'm gonna post what I think is the answer to the bloody note.
Marquesas has said that the first line, the one that has T9000 on it, is the important one and after solving that the rest will figure itself out.

What I think, based on things that Marquesas has written in the past, is that we have to sniff for packets on a certain radio frequency at the right time, probably in the space shack. This frequency is the number that was scribbled out at the top. Whatever the packets tell us will let us solve the rest of the note.
All we have to do is figure out what the correct frequency is.
This just in, Marq has said that I was close but not quite correct.
He also said this:

Code:
<@Marquesas> but yeah that's the idea
<@Marquesas> listen on the frequency at the right time
Ah like I said. it's a radio shack. note IS radio related
[Image: 0df26035ac43b3ad4775718a12439502.png]

Here's a close up of the scribbled off area. I can't make much of it, but that is most definitely an 8 at the beginning.
Yup, Marq confirmed it. And I also figured out a way for us to find the right signal!

All we have to do is get 5 people into the shack at the right time, each person with 2 station bounced radios. Each radio will be set to one of the channels on either 146.* or 148.*, therefore letting us listen on all channels at once.
WrongEnd Wrote:[Image: 0df26035ac43b3ad4775718a12439502.png]

Here's a close up of the scribbled off area. I can't make much of it, but that is most definitely an 8 at the beginning.

I think it's easier if you're zoomed out a bit. I find it hard to see from that close up.
Count me in for the radio plan if you'll have me.

As for the zoom, I'll post in a few more variations.

[Image: 4e584b2dfc6b75319a7fb314b46e6443.png]
[Image: 69512c52b30961cb8d2aa9cdf7957aba.png]
WrongEnd Wrote:Count me in for the radio plan if you'll have me.

As for the zoom, I'll post in a few more variations.

[Image: 4e584b2dfc6b75319a7fb314b46e6443.png]
[Image: 69512c52b30961cb8d2aa9cdf7957aba.png]
You should spend some time on the IRC. That's probably where I'll be organizing it.
There was a bad post here. It's gone now. Player callouts are NOT OKAY.
You just observe then deobserve
Someone mentioned there is some new crystal plant seeds in the radio shack.... And that the take forever to grow.... I just read this on wikipedia:

The philosophers' stone has been attributed with many mystical and magical properties. The most commonly mentioned properties are the ability to transmute base metals into gold or silver, and the ability to heal all forms of illness and prolong the life of any person who consumes a small part of the philosophers' stone. Other mentioned properties include: creation of perpetually burning lamps, transmutation of common crystals into precious stones and diamonds, reviving of dead plants, creation of flexible or malleable glass, or the creation of a clone or homunculus.
So for the shack signal, take your headset and tune to 148.7, every 15 minutes a signal is received, a jingle and then a series of numbers.

76 24 0 90 2 75 3 74 12 0 4 17 0 44 7 0 16 2 0 28 4 4

This number is repeated twice and does not match the note.

Why did the number change? What was it about this number that causes this guy to either go crazy or be killed?