Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
pizzatiger Wrote:
popecrunch Wrote:Two
Also is it weird that alot of the stuff needed for the solurium and alot of the secrets that we have not figured out has happened in the biodome? I am pretty sure it has a pretty deep backstory that you nerds are mostly ignoring
I'm just going to point to my previous two walls of text as evidence that we are most certainly not ignoring the backstory of the biodiome. crossarms
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
pizzatiger Wrote:
popecrunch Wrote:Two
Also is it weird that alot of the stuff needed for the solurium and alot of the secrets that we have not figured out has happened in the biodome? I am pretty sure it has a pretty deep backstory that you nerds are mostly ignoring
I'm just going to point to my previous two walls of text as evidence that we are most certainly not ignoring the backstory of the biodiome. crossarms

I mostly focasing on the cult and must have missed how you tied it in.

Questions

1-What are the strange ruins and how are they connected to the void which seems to be one of the physical locations of the cult
2-How old is the biodome. It can't be THAT newly destroyed because the fireplace (which is resprited lava you cheap assholes <i might have fallen in it during a traitor round>)is still on fire yet there is a bunch of overgrown vines which means this place has been in a state of dis-arry for a while. Plus there is a bunch of monkeys with no food living in a pen down there
3-Why is there a clear disconnect between the upper and lower levels? You would think that atleast a few infected would linger down in the biodome itself yet it seems to lack any corpes at all
4-What caused the zombie outbreak? The strange regreant in the room doesn't cause zombies yet it's labled as a dangerous pathogen. I get it USED to but now that it doesn't this doesn't make sense
5-What planet is the biodome on? I don't think it's earth because the offical lore say's the moon blew up and crashed into china and i doubt that the world would look THAT nice after a moon crashed into it
6-Why is there a teleport pad in a biodome which main purpose is to study plants
7-Why is shitty bills phone number in nearly every telescience/shitty looking bathroom in the game and how does re-act if taken to the diffrent telescience locations
pizzatiger Wrote:1-What are the strange ruins and how are they connected to the void which seems to be one of the physical locations of the cult
The identity of the strange ruins will probably only be clear once we're actually able to get IN there. The same pokey stabby robot things (which may or may not be a manifestation of Hastur) that appear near where the Armor is located show up in legions, which shows clear connection to cultist shit. As for the void, it has connections to the cult, but the void is probably some sort of not-reality that places get zapped to when they fail to exist on a dimensional level or...something.

pizzatiger Wrote:2-How old is the biodome. It can't be THAT newly destroyed because the fireplace (which is resprited lava you cheap assholes <i might have fallen in it during a traitor round>)is still on fire yet there is a bunch of overgrown vines which means this place has been in a state of dis-arry for a while. Plus there is a bunch of monkeys with no food living in a pen down there
Biodome itself is fairly recent, can't be any older than Mars Station at most. But the caves and the alchemy pit and all of the other occult stuff is no doubt MUCH older.

pizzatiger Wrote:3-Why is there a clear disconnect between the upper and lower levels? You would think that atleast a few infected would linger down in the biodome itself yet it seems to lack any corpes at all
The doors to the lower level are locked, and zombies are too stupid to either hack into the room or know how to use an elevator.

pizzatiger Wrote:4-What caused the zombie outbreak? The strange regreant in the room doesn't cause zombies yet it's labled as a dangerous pathogen. I get it USED to but now that it doesn't this doesn't make sense
...strange reagent used to cause zombies?

Anyways, it's possible that the life-renewing properties of strange reagent could've been altered somehow to try and produce more science, but ended up horribly mutating and spreading out of control.

pizzatiger Wrote:5-What planet is the biodome on? I don't think it's earth because the offical lore say's the moon blew up and crashed into china and i doubt that the world would look THAT nice after a moon crashed into it
Don't know, but the fact that the cult (who are presumably based on earth) has its fingerprints all over the place suggests that it's most likely earth. Just because china got ripped into shreds doesn't mean the entire planet has, y'know. Also, even if Earth has gone to complete shit, the idea of the biodome is to serve as a self-isolated workstation regardless of outside forces. Maybe they were trying to repopulate the planet?

pizzatiger Wrote:6-Why is there a teleport pad in a biodome which main purpose is to study plants
So people or materials or whatever can be easily transported to and from the biodome, duh. Since they're not a space station, they don't have the benefit of mass drivers and belt hell like we do.

pizzatiger Wrote:7-Why is shitty bills phone number in nearly every telescience/shitty looking bathroom in the game and how does re-act if taken to the diffrent telescience locations
As mentioned before, Shitty Bill seems to have connections to the telesci areas somehow.

I will say this, though: Try calling the number. Just do it.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I will say this, though: Try calling the number. Just do it.

I have done this before and all i have ever gotten is a wonderful little voice mail
pizzatiger Wrote:4-What caused the zombie outbreak? The strange regreant in the room doesn't cause zombies yet it's labled as a dangerous pathogen. I get it USED to but now that it doesn't this doesn't make sense

There's a goddamn graveyard outside.
Marquesas Wrote:

Yeah. Im guessing the cult has to something to do with the zombies. Not the biodome.
DyssalC Wrote:
Ali0en Wrote:Well my theory has been that the whole thing, SS13, is a VR sim. You can see VR from mars and this has never been "fixed". The solarium is just the control room and the automaton its guardian. Nanotrasen put the keys in as a debug method to kill the AI's (crewmen) who grow to intelligent.

This still doesn't explain why there's Soviet gear on most telesci areas.

If you read the logs in a lot of the telesci areas and some of the stuff you find at these places you find out that most telesci locations are Syndicate owned.

And that Discount Dan is quite likely a part of the Syndicate. Or the people who set the telesci areas up were too lazy to make different portrait sprites.

Discount Dan supplies many companies, especially cheap ones. I thought it was funny to have his portrait in a bunch of cafeterias. And yes, that company could very well be a Syndicate front. Or is it? Psy-yi-yi

Biodome and Ice Moon and Solarium all share the same blue shielded walls and vague notes were meant to imply they're all kinda frontier classified NT projects. LavaMoon powerplant is a different company, kinda Chinese-sounding. Not explicitly a Syndicate member corp but not Nanotrasen. Cosmonauts have somewhat of a stylistic link to Syndicate corporations but they're generally used like "oh hey I guess the Russians were here too."

The old backstory stuff about the moon crashing into China? I kinda forgot about that.
Lantern Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:

Yeah. Im guessing the cult has to something to do with the zombies. Not the biodome.
There's Zombie Fucking Hogan in a containment area in the biodome's test chamber-ish bit.

Also pretty sure at least one function of strange reagent can make some sort of zombie. I think.
Code:
<Pizzatiger> Shitty Bill asks, "I ever tell you 'bout that time I got lost in a station made of meat,my old buddy David,the Russians and their secret codes?"
<AngriestIBM> Haha fuck, who added that?
<AngriestIBM> That's way too on the nose
<AngriestIBM> It was originally just "got lost in a station made of meat"
Lantern Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:

It actually was the biodome and their wacky experiments. Dr. Jam was testing strange reagent on shit and then the dead came back to life, then all sorts of stuff went wrong.

Also on the subject of Dr. Jam, anybody found that Haunted Jukebox yet?
Code:
<Cyclical> headsurgeon how do you solve the solarium
<HeadSurgeon> thats good god forgot to solve this crisis

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
Quote:The great and grumpy Zoldorf has foreseen your secrets!

You shall soon consume the loathsome robot... but take heed, for the crusty skeleton might kill you! Seek the mind of the scary mirror and greet yourself.

I knew it that eating the automaton would lead to the good ending big grin
Apparently a few people were interested so I've made some copies of docs from the drive we used to organise the original Solarium Solving.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

If anyone has questions regarding any specific thing about the process or the ends we were driven to in order to solve this glorious and terrible puzzle/arg/hellscape or whatever, I'd be happy to answer 'em.
Hopefully I can put some of the more wild and baffling speculation to rest.

I've posted this in the SS13 general thread on SA as well.
*Belches loudly*

God we put a lot of work into this dumb thingie
where the FUCK is the record of valterak falling into lava with 4 vital items on the first attempt