Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
(11-01-2017, 07:46 AM)HotCoffeeMug Wrote: there is a group that would have tried doing it but we decided not to due to people being really pissed off at disaster rounds and now people are just taking a break from goon so might as well put the plans here so some other group of nerds can do it.

you need 4 people at minium

1 mans the teleporter
1 kills the dron
1 gets the key and the book from the caves
1 gets the keys from debris field also hatches the sun bee

before the power goes out the room with the mainframe and the teleporter room needs to have someone to get power back up in it

the teleporter dude tries to get the coordinates as soon as possible

drone killer gets the port-a-sci remote

cave explorer and the drone killer need a gun, drone killer gets the time ship phaser and uses it to clear the wasps so the cave man gets the hunting rifle

drone needs to be killed in under 15 minutes and the cave needs to be done in under 10 minutes

after that get every key and the book to sol (get the sun bee hatched so automaton is peaceful and wont attack you)

that's it.

Drone killer for that group, reason I'm posting here is because of stated hiatus, nobody really wants to do it for some reason.

I'd argue it could be trio even without the shuttle recall, it'd be pretty easy to have the same guy getting the sun bee egg get the keys in the debris and meat and the other guy could get the book and key in biodome. You also need an extra key not from the bee I think, most people argued cat because lava and ice are too variable and can take time / end the run if you fuck up.

Batteries need to be put in after the power goes out I'm pretty sure, otherwise it just drains those batteries.

Drone needs to be killed in under 10 minutes I'd say, 5 minutes to set up telescience and send everybody out, 7 minutes to run through biodome gather all the pod shit and then set up the pod and get to the y drone spawner. Then 10 minutes to kill the y drone, 3 minutes to grab the key and get back to the station and to solarium to finish it.
(11-01-2017, 07:46 AM)HotCoffeeMug Wrote: there is a group that would have tried doing it but we decided not to due to people being really pissed off at disaster rounds and now people are just taking a break from goon so might as well put the plans here so some other group of nerds can do it.

1 mans the teleporter
1 kills the dron

before the power goes out the room with the mainframe and the teleporter room needs to have someone to get power back up in it

cave explorer and the drone killer need a gun, drone killer gets the time ship phaser and uses it to clear the wasps so the cave man gets the hunting rifle

drone needs to be killed in under 15 minutes and the cave needs to be done in under 10 minutes

after that get every key and the book to sol (get the sun bee hatched so automaton is peaceful and wont attack you)

that's it.

This is how I do a solarium run. First I go to the future ship ,and get the gun and key from the body, then I go to the bee station to get both the key and egg. I go to upper Biodome, get the syndie sat item, trigger the sat by clicking it in upper Biodome, get the item to trigger the drone on the sat, go into the Biodome caves and get the key and book. I then go lava moon and use the whip to get the key behind the lava. After that, I go to meat station and get the key and then kill the drone. How to kill the drone: Use a large mining pod with the drills and spam spacebar against the drone. When your ship is low on health, run back to the diner and use the welding torch to heal the pod. Go back and hunt for the pod and kill it. It may take a few times to heal and attack it. The only issue I have is that I end up spending the bulk of the time hunting the drone. It is illusive. I can solo it, but it takes me roughly 40 or so minutes. If I can get a team to help me, we could kill time. The problem with disaster rounds is that they end quickly. Also, I don't know how to power the teleporter during a disaster round. I'll need a team that can provide medkits, a guy who can kill the drone, and I can grab all the loot. I might need backup, just in case something goes wrong and I make an error and die. I'm skilled at telescience, so I know how to get to all the maps lickity-split. I can run telescience and get the items with the porta-sci remote. What we could do to make Biodome a lot faster is one guy goes up and grabs the item to trigger the drone and another person can get the whip, book, and key. That would cut time for that portion in half.

How to trigger the solarium bad ending: You need keys obviously, a book, and magic happens.
(11-01-2017, 05:00 PM)Hulk Hogan Wrote:

1 mans the teleporter
1 kills the dron

that's it.

This is how I do a solarium run. First I go to the future ship ,and get the gun and key from the body, then I go to the bee station to get both the key and egg. I go to upper Biodome, get the syndie sat item, trigger the sat by clicking it in upper Biodome, get the item to trigger the drone on the sat, go into the Biodome caves and get the key and book. I then go lava moon and use the whip to get the key behind the lava. After that, I go to meat station and get the key and then kill the drone. How to kill the drone: Use a large mining pod with the drills and spam spacebar against the drone. When your ship is low on health, run back to the diner and use the welding torch to heal the pod. Go back and hunt for the pod and kill it. It may take a few times to heal and attack it. The only issue I have is that I end up spending the bulk of the time hunting the drone. It is illusive. I can solo it, but it takes me roughly 40 or so minutes. If I can get a team to help me, we could kill time. The problem with disaster rounds is that they end quickly. Also, I don't know how to power the teleporter during a disaster round. I'll need a team that can provide medkits, a guy who can kill the drone, and I can grab all the loot. I might need backup, just in case something goes wrong and I make an error and die. I'm skilled at telescience, so I know how to get to all the maps lickity-split. I can run telescience and get the items with the porta-sci remote. What we could do to make Biodome a lot faster is one guy goes up and grabs the item to trigger the drone and another person can get the whip, book, and key. That would cut time for that portion in half.

How to trigger the solarium bad ending: You need keys obviously, a book, and magic happens.

As I said before, and showed in the picture, I can run drone pretty consistently in 13 minutes normal round, and 19 minutes in disaster round is possible.

My solo run is, set up teleporter, teleport phaser and port-a-sci remote to myself, and go to biodome from there, hack the doors and open up the elevator and turn on the power there, call the elevator down then go into the bee room, grab the crate quickly and run back to the elevator, toggle the elevator again and start putting armor on, shoot any bees that follow you to the elevator, hack your way outside and go to the sat, run in and grab the stuff, then just teleport back to telesci, grab a large mining pod and put a engine (2 or 3) and the weapon in it, bring extra welders, spawn the y-drone and kill it by git gud, grab all the other keys nearby along with the egg, go to meat and get the key, go to biodome and get the book and key, solarium finished.

Best time I've had is around 30 minutes solo, with other people and my fast y drone it's easily possible to get a sub 15 minute solarium run. Most of my time sink is getting the moon bee key and travelling between the areas, another person could easily do the other portion so all you'd need is two people to get a sub 15. If someone helped with killing the y drone as well then I think you could probably get a sub 12, but I don't think a sub 10 is possible at all since it takes a while to run through bio and spawn the drone fully, it'd be very close. Definitely couldn't imagine sub 10 without a new strat or someone way faster than me running biodome.
Photo 
new tape guys

[Image: unknown.png]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqaig6qzcqnfser/.flac?dl=0

heres the sound it made if someone can decode it go ahead it has silence at the start and end.

forgot to add these

Bradbury II beeps, "The site is not secure."
Bradbury II beeps, "The flood cannot be averted. Evacuation is already too late."
where did this purple goo tape come from
[Image: 4dbupGF.png]

Decoded.

I strongly suspect the color channels have been shifted in the image, but I'm not quite sure how to reverse the process.
I tried stitching it together and then decomposing the color channels to align them, then recomposing. This is what i got. Not sure if the colors are right, might fiddle with it a bit more.

[Image: 7t64bYf.png]

edit: note that because of the way the image was sliced, i cant perfectly align things. Realistically i feel like someone with better tools and more experience could apply a few filters and get it perfectly square and shit, but eh, this is good enough for me. You can make out the text at least.

edit 2: fucking with it any more than i have isnt yielding any better results. Aligning the details better would take a lot more effort for what seems like little pay, and i have no frame of reference for what the colors should look like so messing with them more doesnt help. Constants only seem to be the weird thing in the foreground that looks like a miniroid from metroid or something, hills in the background, the text, and maybe something of note in the lower right corner i just cant make out no matter what i do. Might just be unimportant terrain, who knows.
(11-24-2017, 01:35 PM)HotCoffeeMug Wrote: new tape guys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqaig6qzcqnfser/.flac?dl=0

heres the sound it made if someone can decode it go ahead it has silence at the start and end.

forgot to add these

Bradbury II beeps, "The site is not secure."
Bradbury II beeps, "The flood cannot be averted. Evacuation is already too late."

Where was that tape found? If you don't want to post it here, please post it on the solarium wiki.
Fixing the image was really fun, so i tried doing it again but better for shits and giggles. As far as i can tell these are (nearly) the correct colors, which i guess fits thematically with the goopy pink artifacts etc.

[Image: VcmNdeY.png]
[Image: QN3DyLx.png]

Edit: a few observations.
1. The "hills" sorta look like a face in the top right, if not an entire humanoid. Its sorta freaking me out
2. Idk if the number in the lower right is a date or coords.
right now i don't have access to the sol wiki to put it in so the tape were found in the martian shit at the debris field next to the trader in a crate.

during the round a admin put some hex stuff that i decoded wich gave me this

seek the trader of ores
the closest receptacle holds the key
hi theres a site 17 in scp lore, might that be related to this? dunno about drc-4
(11-25-2017, 11:13 AM)fosstar Wrote: hi theres a site 17 in scp lore, might that be related to this? dunno about drc-4

Site-17: A minimum-security site housing human SCPs of low or mild threat. Examples include: SCP-053, SCP-073, SCP-091-ARC, SCP-105, SCP-182, SCP-327, SCP-343, SCP-847, and SCP-992.
(11-24-2017, 09:59 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Fixing the image was really fun, so i tried doing it again but better for shits and giggles. As far as i can tell these are (nearly) the correct colors, which i guess fits thematically with the goopy pink artifacts etc.

[Image: VcmNdeY.png]
[Image: QN3DyLx.png]

Edit: a few observations.
1. The "hills" sorta look like a face in the top right, if not an entire humanoid. Its sorta freaking me out
2. Idk if the number in the lower right is a date or coords.
Maybe its just me but it looks like c3p0 in the bottom image if you look hard enough.

those seem like coords.

X.Y.Z
(11-26-2017, 11:26 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: 43.83.03

those seem like coords.

X.Y.Z

I was thinking it was 43.03.03, and a date (March 3rd 2043) but that probably makes more sense. Maybe someone should check 43/83 in the debris field or some other z level?