Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
So how did that go
this ending will not die
ebla Wrote:here is an idea:NUKE THE SUN
Either Sunshine or maybe the stories in the book could be hints

The Repairer of Reputation

The Mask

In the Court of the Dragon

The Yellow Sign

The Demoiselle d'Ys

The Prophets' Paradise

The Street of the Four Winds

The Street of the First Shell

The Street of Our Lady of the Fields

Rue Barrée
Well, I tried, and eating the sun doesn't work. My grand hypothesis has failed.
is the symbol on the relic in void supposed to be the yellow sign? i think they look similar.
ebla Wrote:Either Sunshine or maybe the stories in the book could be hints

The Repairer of Reputation
The Mask
In the Court of the Dragon
The Yellow Sign
The Demoiselle d'Ys
The Prophets' Paradise
The Street of the Four Winds
The Street of the First Shell
The Street of Our Lady of the Fields

Rue Barrée

Wait... These are all the poems/stories in 'The King In Yellow' Right? It wouldn't be a bad idea to read through all of them.

For Reference i'd say go look at wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_in_Yellow It even has a nice little list that gives you an overveiw of what each story is about.

The stories in the book are:
"The Repairer of Reputations" – A powerful, weird story of egotism and paranoia that carries the imagery of the book's title.
"The Mask" – A dream story of art, love, and uncanny science.
"In the Court of the Dragon" – A man is pursued by a sinister church organist who is after his soul.
"The Yellow Sign" – An artist is troubled by a sinister churchyard watchman who resembles a coffin worm.
"The Demoiselle d'Ys" – A ghost story, the theme of which anticipates H. G. Wells' "The Door in the Wall" (1911).
"The Prophets' Paradise" – A sequence of eerie prose poems that develop the style and theme of a quote from the fictional play The King in Yellow which introduces "The Mask".
"The Street of the Four Winds" – An atmospheric tale of an artist in Paris who is drawn to a neighbor's room by a cat; the story ends with a macabre touch.
"The Street of the First Shell" – A war story set in the Paris Siege of 1870.
"The Street of Our Lady of the Fields" – Romantic American bohemians in Paris.
"Rue Barrée" – Romantic American bohemians in Paris, with a discordant ending that playfully reflects some of the tone of the first story.

Also, I know this has happened to be and has freaked me out. I know it has to have happened to someone else. Who or what is that guy that starts randomly teleporting in and out of the shadows to your character in the biodome caves? Also on that note, ever notice he is wearing a YELLOW cape?
Side thought! (This just popped into my head after my post)

Has anyone ever brought the obsidian crown/ancient armor to the solarium? Maybe with 'The King in Yellow'? Or maybe to the pit after the alchemy puzzle at the end of the strange wall maze? Where the 'Stranger wall" is? If you ask me, that bottom area with all those evil looking artifacts looks like some sort of castle if you think about it.
I've heard that the stranger wall actually doesn't lead anywhere because it's an unfinished area. But I mean I dunno.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I've heard that the stranger wall actually doesn't lead anywhere because it's an unfinished area. But I mean I dunno.
I've heard in the past that it was finished at a certain point.
Something something where did I put my keys.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:Side thought! (This just popped into my head after my post)

Has anyone ever brought the obsidian crown/ancient armor to the solarium? .
About the crown and ancient armor, Yeah I did that and then stabbed the server with the rusty knife. It didn't like that.
Readster Wrote:Something something where did I put my keys.

Hmm.. has anyone ever brought the keys to the stranger wall before?
Silvercloud29 Wrote:
Readster Wrote:Something something where did I put my keys.

Hmm.. has anyone ever brought the keys to the stranger wall before?

I've tried multiple keys on the wall and eventually found a way through. All I gotta say is that there is nothing of interest behind it and keys won't open it.
The Yellow Sign became associated/was associated with Hastur and the King in Yellow essentially became another part of the Lovecraft/Cthulhu Mythos. If I recall there's already some Cthulhu mythos shenanigans with the solarium. Recalling from memory though, if you read the book, you will begin seeing the King in Yellow...but he doesn't have his mask if I recall. What of his "Pallid Mask". I should attend these Solarium things more often. I don't have enough information to work with to narrow things down well.
A pallid mask could just be a fancy metaphor for a pale face. Possibly an unusually stoic face.