Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
I'm not a goon so I can't verify but I'm pretty sure there's a secrets thread for goonstation on the something awful forums, where goons share secrets. I don't know if that's true though or just a rumour spread to get people to pay the lowtax (heh).

Otherwise you could probably just learn expedition stuff by joining other people on expeditions, Sharing in game is probably fine if you're telling a member of your explorer party what to do. That's how I learned my way around biodome, follow other people around and do what they say/do.

That said I do think some wiki hints would be a good idea. Make them riddles or something so people have to deliberate the meaning.
I think I went on one of the first Solarium runs as a cooperative AI. However I didn't actually leant much because I was relegated to stopping a specific player from ruining other people's fun. I've always wanted to be a part of these runs, but either no one is on that wants to/knows how or someone ruins it five minutes in.
atomic1fire Wrote:I'm not a goon so I can't verify but I'm pretty sure there's a secrets thread for goonstation on the something awful forums, where goons share secrets. I don't know if that's true though or just a rumour spread to get people to pay the lowtax (heh).
There is, but it's only really "secrets" in so far as "stuff we don't want to literally plaster all over the main forum for all to see". This board probably has a similar or deeper level of knowledge passed around.
I had a dumb thought. What is the "Bad ending" isn't really the bad ending? Yes bad shit technically happens to the station after the run, but is it really bad in terms of the fun it brings us? I dont know about you guys but those disaster rounds after a solarium run can be entertaining as hell.
atomic1fire Wrote:Otherwise you could probably just learn expedition stuff by joining other people on expeditions, Sharing in game is probably fine if you're telling a member of your explorer party what to do. That's how I learned my way around biodome, follow other people around and do what they say/do.

That said I do think some wiki hints would be a good idea. Make them riddles or something so people have to deliberate the meaning.

The thing is the experienced expeditioners are, from what I have observed, kinda fed up with telesci and will go on expeditions either to check on something after getting a hint/stroke of imagination, or to tag along with other nerds and look for the hints, maybe inexperienced players feel like deadweight.

On hints/riddles, I don't like the idea of it. Some general info on what the adventure is and how to get started would be great for noobs, but would kill the endgame.
Forgive me for saying this, but hints are too videogamey. Yes I said it, and no, I do not agree to that bullshit article you are thinking about, hear me out:
Real secrets are not meant to stand out. That crooked brick, the wierd bookcase with an air current, a giant fucking red book in a bookcase filled with tiny black diaries.
It's not fair, but it's how it works.
What tiles are actually pressure plates? Which wall has a secret button? How many roads does the runic talet REALLY open?
Thing are there but you don't see them because you aren't looking for them.
Eventually some guy who doesn't know what he is looking for will uncover a piece of the puzzle, and that's how it's meant o be solved: a bunch of asshats running around having a merry time and tripping on wierd keys and falling down holes. And then, when they finally call it a day, they go to the pub and tell their tales, sharing what they know with anybody in earshot. Some new people will get interested and the cycle repeats until everything has been uncovered.

So I am not saying spoonfeed newbs how to open the cheget or the key order or whatever. But stop being greedy nerds trying to get 1st XD on a 2-d spessman puzzle.
shadowdimentio Wrote:Personally, I think that there should be a dedicated place somewhere, anywhere, where people can go to discuss not only Solarium but shit like the super secret chems and other misc secret stuff without fear of adminbus coming in and crashing the party.

I mean, speaking as someone with a decent experience with Solarium, telescience areas, and chems, I rather doubt that there would be much fallout from that, seeing as most all secrets require at least a modest amount of time and good luck to achieve, and most aren't so hideously gamebreaking that as soon as they arrive shit becomes completely fucked.
ss13 deep web
I don't know why nobody has found the good ending yet. It becomes really obvious what you have to do once you get that secret message from the automaton. shrug
With the book?
Readster Wrote:I don't know why nobody has found the good ending yet. It becomes really obvious what you have to do once you get that secret message from the automaton. shrug
are you talking about hamlet excerpt? because I have no fucking idea what he's talking about
Readster Wrote:I don't know why nobody has found the good ending yet. It becomes really obvious what you have to do once you get that secret message from the automaton. shrug
Probably because there's so many fake hints from admins that whenever you guys say anything it sometimes sets us back a month of effort chasing nothing (see: voltron, trophy belt, frying a key, etc.)
Lantern Wrote:I had a dumb thought. What is the "Bad ending" isn't really the bad ending? Yes bad shit technically happens to the station after the run, but is it really bad in terms of the fun it brings us? I dont know about you guys but those disaster rounds after a solarium run can be entertaining as hell.
this is like saying "the real treasure was the adventure!"

part of the problem that's making things take so long is that a lot of the things people try (frying stuff, throwing loaves at stuff, etc) destroys it forever, so you have to restart the whole thing. a lot of people are burning out after 1 or 2 expeditions a night
i threw a fucking quark loaf at the server
after getting the vr key aka 1-10000 chance key
the loaf straight up deleted it
there's a load of red herrings but recently progress is pretty great, hopefully the good ending will be discovered by 2015.
if it even exists
Thats it, we need to shove a live trout and/or herring into the server!
Sam Guivene Wrote:Thats it, we need to shove a live trout and/or herring into the server!
Genius
Oh my god I UNDERSTAND NOW

Tomorrow is the day