Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Regardless of where the code was outsourced to or the fact that it was outsourced at all, I think that some sort of consensus should've been asked for and reached before the decision was made. Unexpectedly feeding puzzles to the people on reddit, while understandable given the headscratching nature of some of these things, sort of miffs those of us who find joy in the solving of puzzles.
The way I see it is that hording the puzzle all for ourselves (Goonstation) is rather rude. If people post it elsewhere, and others want to join in the fun wagon, more power to them. Is the victory of solving the puzzle tarnished any by Reddit helping us get there? I think not.
Upon further consideration, I think it's less the fact that it was brought to Reddit and more just the unexpected act of outsourcing itself. The joy in a puzzle isn't in the actual solution, but what people find enjoyable about them is the eureka moment of finally figuring the damned thing out. A puzzle was given to us and we were ready to bash our heads against it, but then suddenly some random bloke from across the internet already did it because someone gave him the thing. It's a bit disappointing no matter how you cut it.
A4Brogan Wrote:
Twoflower Wrote:for future reference: please dont give every puzzle we get to fucking reddit of all places

I agree. Besides, SA is more intelligent and less asshole-infested.
Bravo, well done, gave me a good chuckle.
shadowdimentio Wrote:The way I see it is that hording the puzzle all for ourselves (Goonstation) is rather rude. If people post it elsewhere, and others want to join in the fun wagon, more power to them. Is the victory of solving the puzzle tarnished any by Reddit helping us get there? I think not.

I mean, if people want to solve the puzzle, let them come to goonstation and play or make forum accounts here. No one is stopping them from doing that, and getting new people into the game would be great, especially if it's the solarium mystery that draws them.
speaking of the puzzle let's get back to working on it instead of arguing over which shitty forum of assholes gets to solve a code
Wow rude. I'll have you know that I identify as a douchebag and your calling me an asshole by association is highly offensive.
icarus Wrote:speaking of the puzzle let's get back to working on it instead of arguing over which shitty forum of assholes gets to solve a code
there's not much to work on at the moment. we've been at a standstill because a code that was meant to take us a weekend got solved far faster than expected, and the coders took a holidaY at the same time said code was supposed to tide us over, so there's nothing really new to do.
all of this isn't for the good ending though. this is most probably a different puzzle.
Has anybody checked out the locked filing cabinet in the PR4 factory?

Normally I'd say it was nothing but considering it's LOCKED and telescience seems to center around KEYS it just seems that it might be a thing.
DyssalC Wrote:Has anybody checked out the locked filing cabinet in the PR4 factory?

Normally I'd say it was nothing but considering it's LOCKED and telescience seems to center around KEYS it just seems that it might be a thing.
we have no other leads lets do this
OMJ Wrote:
DyssalC Wrote:Has anybody checked out the locked filing cabinet in the PR4 factory?

we have no other leads lets do this

nah admins have said its not anything
When you key a pod 100 times you get the message "IA IA SSTNT FHTAGN!" when you examine it. I continued to key it and got to 322 times but there was not new messages.
69andahalf Wrote:When you key a pod 100 times you get the message "IA IA SSTNT FHTAGN!" when you examine it. I continued to key it and got to 322 times but there was not new messages.
how the fuck did you figure this out
OMJ Wrote:
69andahalf Wrote:When you key a pod 100 times you get the message "IA IA SSTNT FHTAGN!" when you examine it. I continued to key it and got to 322 times but there was not new messages.
how the fuck did you figure this out

I remember this keying being added a long time ago, I found a key in the bar, 3 minutes left until shuttle arrived, hit the pod a few times, got a cool message, got some more messages every 10 hits, got to 100, kept going, nothing new, and posted it here.