Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
solarium strats-
figure out what telesci items have no uses. figure out uses
I been in quite a few telesci locations, explored them, did disaster rounds. They astound me. Make me wish more about them. I had a theory that the admins brought back the old debris field wrecks for us to explore again might be tied in to the good ending. maybe it was broken untill these things were added back?

I also always wondered if places that have active dwaine terminals might have hints or clues to the good ending? Like I know there is working computers in some telesci locations off station. Maybe there is something we need to read? It''s just I donno. I feel there is something more then meets the eye.
I have absolutely no idea how to go on any of these expeditions!
I've been doing telesci since I've started playing, courtesy of the guy I clung to for my first few weeks.

All I've gained is that there's something more to "The Vault", the trophy belt must be filled with strange skulls, and there is a place nobody knows of called "The Tower".
There's a book you need to read, Dyssal. It's like 320 pages long.

I'm being serious too.
DyssalC Wrote:I've been doing telesci since I've started playing, courtesy of the guy I clung to for my first few weeks.

All I've gained is that there's something more to "The Vault", the trophy belt must be filled with strange skulls, and there is a place nobody knows of called "The Tower".

After you solve the alchemy puzzle in the biodome. There is a wall section that opens up. It leads to nothing but a closed coffin on the opposite side of a deep pit (Which as far as I know has NO way of getting to it)
Falling down the pit leads you to a spiders nest... If you kill the spider, there is "Strange Walls" like the ones from "The Void" walking up "Strange Stairs" And a whole lot of abomination artifacts of all kinds. At the top of the stairs there is two artifacts, in this round one of the 2 artifacts at the top was MUCH different then the rest, still an abomination but its design was way different. On top of that, even though all the walls in this section has all the same texture at this "dead end" there is one wall called "Stranger wall" rather then "Strange wall" I think that might be "The Tower" you are talking about. Or the secret entrance to it.
There is a way to get at the coffin.
Ali0en Wrote:There is a way to get at the coffin.

What about my suggestion that the stranger wall might be the entrance to this "tower"

Also. I never heard of it before till about a few days a go, but what about this bitcoin machine? I never seen it before? Is it that one thing from the meat planet?
Finding the good ending would require all seasoned telescientists/adventurers (which I am not) to sit down and share their knowledge with each other.

Perhaps not on a public forum thread, but it should be done.

Otherwise, this puzzle might still go on for a few more years if the "figure it out yourself!" mentality keeps going.

A perfect example of teamwork and information sharing in the case of solving these kinds of puzzles, that I can think of at the top of my head, would be the Augmented Reality Games that Valve has been doing for the past couple of years.

They would hide clues in video games (in-game and in the game files themselves), on the internet, IRL, etc.

People would then all gather those clues, put them together, and solve the puzzles in record times (a particular ARG was solved within a few days when it was expected to last a few months).

So yeah, cooperation is key (huehuehue).
I tried sitting down with a group earlier but they wouldn't listen. A theory I had was proven incorrect but me and Mega Paco discussed more. I'd be happy to share what I've found with the experienced in-game. This whole thing is a team effort you know.

Unlike the solarium group earlier where it took a group 2 hours to get the last key after their best player left and then fought over leadership in the disaster round. That was great.
If I may provide some input.

Me, my cohorts I mentioned before, ans a few other fellows were led by a knowledgeable fellow who eventually had to leave right as we were almost finished. At that point, efforts became very uncoordinated, not helped in the slightest by the fact that a few people whose names I will withhold to keep this from turning into a spree of "this is terrible telesci explorer, shame he" basically hijacked the Solarium run of a bunch of people who hadn't done it before and used it as a launching pad for their various theories on the good ending, and in the process, they seemed to leave everyone who wasn't on board with the good ending by the wayside, one fellow saying that he's "seen the bad ending a million times" even though some of us hadn't seen it ONCE.

The solution isn't getting everyone who knows this shit together and having them figure it out, because that has a really bad habit of alienating the others who may want to figure out Solarium but don't want to interfere with the efforts of "the professionals". The solution is, plain and simple, to get more people who know this shit, to introduce more people to the workings of the adventure zones, and to get new and fresh minds into the equation.

In short, if we want to figure out Solarium's good ending, the days of Solarium being exclusive to the accomplished, experienced few need to end. We need more people interested in, engaged with, and educated on this subject, or we're going to have the same people tossing around the same theories for a while.
Oh, detail I forgot to mention: The resulting disaster round was basically a complete disaster because all of the NT-SO people basically dashed for the teleporter without preparing for the monsters in the slightest; The goal of rushing to telescience was not advertised, everyone who didn't immediately go to telesci got picked off, the group in telesci got wrecked by a cutter drone because no one thought to get meds until AFTER the fact, and any attempt at cooperation was drowned out by waves of caps-filled yelling.
All I know is that the people who are caring so much about this are huge nerds, and not because they're putting time and effort into a videogame they enjoy, because that's fine, but because you guys are being so laughably secretive about it. And as if that will help solve it. The reason it is taking so long for people to figure out is because only a handful of people even understand how to start the event in the first place, let alone get to the point where they could discover something new.

Either way this shit is cool and neat good job cogman and the other admins who've slapped this shit together
The problem here is that people have to try and balance providing assistance with preserving the sense of discovery. If you just provide step-by-step instructions for every single adventure zone, you haven't really educated anyone at all, you've just told them how to follow step-by-step instructions. You need to get into the mindset of the adventure zones to have any chance of understanding it, and that understanding is crucial to something like the good ending.

That being said, being excessively coy about literally everything and giving no assistance whatsoever at all, or assistance that is cryptic to the point of uselessness, does no one any favors, and is sure as hell not going to make figuring this out go any quicker.
uh...i know a secret area in meat-planet that i am pretty sure no one but the people i showed know about.

In the crazy person room (the one guarded by the killer door and has a recorder plus bed in it) has a secret wall that can open up. Inside there is a second room which i have no figured out what to do with