Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
popecrunch Wrote:
SL the Pyro Wrote:[Image: 6bc782c60f.png]

...Huh. I actually wasn't aware the Automaton interacted with the Philosopher's Stone at all. Has anyone actually gotten it to keep it?

One
Pope no.
DyssalC Wrote:
popecrunch Wrote:

...Huh. I actually wasn't aware the Automaton interacted with the Philosopher's Stone at all. Has anyone actually gotten it to keep it?

One
Pope no.
Pope yes.
Yeah these documents got updated less and less after the first clearing of the Solarium and we ended up mostly working on our own things. There are more docs that I haven't copied up which are more of a testament to our obsessiveness but without the revision history they don't really convey it properly.

Sitting in one of the folders is a partial spreadsheet map of Z2 I made before anybody else had a good idea of the composition of it, obtained by sitting there round after round in telescience using scanning functions to extrapolate the makeup of the place in order to spot any areas that we hadn't figured out how to reach yet.
All it really ended up helping us with was confirming the location of the abyss with all the shadow dudes and we never did find The Tower that I was obsessively searching for. RIP.

When I first asked an admin about some of my findings it ended up being drsingh, who wasn't involved with actively fucking with us at the time so he possibly didn't know what I was up to. He accused me of decompiling ss13 assets to get at the map data. Nope! I just had no life.
A few thoughts on the darkness quotes:

"...The metal servant was molded to guard against the butchers." - The Darkness. I'm guessing the metal servant is the automation and the butchers are the eldritch things in the pit with the stranger wall? This also implies the cult made the automaton.

"Where is the crown of heaven and earth?" This may be talking about the obsidian crown. Perhaps you could bring it there and show it to the darkness and they would react?

"To find the right word from the hidden place, from the armor, from the distant places, that is our only wish..." This has a few things:
1. The right word: Perhaps there is a word you can find that when spoken to them, they react somehow?
2. Like the crown, they may react if they show them the eldritch armour.

"Evil ones. Butcherers from lumps of earth. Those ones. You." Perhaps you are the butcherers the automaton is protecting against?
I knew mostly nothing about the steps except for the key lime pie. I've known this for a while and it seems like some of you are just finding out about it.
Amelorate Wrote:A few thoughts on the darkness quotes:

"...The metal servant was molded to guard against the butchers." - The Darkness. I'm guessing the metal servant is the automation and the butchers are the eldritch things in the pit with the stranger wall? This also implies the cult made the automaton.

"Where is the crown of heaven and earth?" This may be talking about the obsidian crown. Perhaps you could bring it there and show it to the darkness and they would react?

"To find the right word from the hidden place, from the armor, from the distant places, that is our only wish..." This has a few things:
1. The right word: Perhaps there is a word you can find that when spoken to them, they react somehow?
2. Like the crown, they may react if they show them the eldritch armour.

"Evil ones. Butcherers from lumps of earth. Those ones. You." Perhaps you are the butcherers the automaton is protecting against?

It's worth noting that all our translations are fairly rough, and that the original phrases were intentionally written for multiple possible interpretations to begin with. Suggestion: 'word' could perhaps mean a promise or pact, a geass, a spell, or an order from a higher-up, like from some sort of king...
I can't imagine trying to figure stuff out based on our information will be that helpful since anything you can think of we tried and then made 100 times crazier, but it works as a good example.
Note that the darknesses also specifically refer to us, humans, as 'butchers'. They really hate us.

“Your people's hubris, your people's breach of promise, to extinguish the fire of the heavens!”

"Evil ones. Butchers from lumps of earth. (Huk has said "butchering clods" in IRC, that could be it) Those ones. You."

“This hole, this place of murder and mourning: the metal servant was molded to guard against the butchers.”

The metal servant is the automaton, obviously. I think the butchers here are us.

"The metal servant mends the ancient royal orders of SHINING LIGHT."
"The metal servant restores ancient rites of the shining light"
"The metal servant’s storehouse libir arza in SHINING LIGHT"

I found it really hard to translate this one, but it seems to be saying that the automaton's job is fixing the sun?

And re this:

“You abomination, you (created creature?), you let loose the ancient master!”

'Created creature' could be referring to the fact that everyone on SS13 is a clone, that's canon from the Apidae Metabolism description.
My translations regarding the metal (it's actually specified as copper in the dictionaries I used) servant and the Butcher are actually vague as to whether or not the Automaton is guarding AGAINST the Butcher, or it's guarding the butcher itself. Either explanation is equally plausible, really.
popecrunch Wrote:

One
...D-did I just stumble upon something here? Pope hasn't quoted anything with his countdown posts before.

Lantern Wrote:we had a run a few nights ago where we gave the automaton all the keys, including the key lime pie. Seems standard right? We also gave it all the special skulls, which apparently no one had ever tried before?
Ali0en Wrote:Nah we did the skull thing a long time ago. Our group kind of stopped. I never posted all of our findings so here's a few.

The Russian cheget, aka nuclear briefcase, has 2 key slots in the menu. It accepts solarium type keys.

The sick guy from the time warp is saveable.

Something something void.
I did suggest this to Mega Paco a while back, wondering if any groups had actually put in the effort to insert every single key and skull. I wonder if it's at that point that you have to hand the Automaton the Philosopher's Stone?

...By the way, how did you get the Automaton to accept more skulls than just the Crystal Skull? I'm unfamiliar with the method and I've only heard of it taking the Crystal, and I haven't even figured out how to make it take that yet. Just wanna make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else.
SL the Pyro Wrote:
popecrunch Wrote:

One
...D-did I just stumble upon something here? Pope hasn't quoted anything with his countdown posts before.
I still think we should try giving a box of Popecrunch to the Automaton.
we are ruining the universe
Readster Wrote:I can't imagine trying to figure stuff out based on our information will be that helpful since anything you can think of we tried and then made 100 times crazier, but it works as a good example.

Life tip: when in doubt always remember that the sunstation crew will always retroactively out-nerd you.
SL the Pyro Wrote:
popecrunch Wrote:

One

Lantern Wrote:we had a run a few nights ago where we gave the automaton all the keys, including the key lime pie. Seems standard right? We also gave it all the special skulls, which apparently no one had ever tried before?
Ali0en Wrote:Nah we did the skull thing a long time ago. Our group kind of stopped. I never posted all of our findings so here's a few.

The Russian cheget, aka nuclear briefcase, has 2 key slots in the menu. It accepts solarium type keys.

The sick guy from the time warp is saveable.

Something something void.
I did suggest this to Mega Paco a while back, wondering if any groups had actually put in the effort to insert every single key and skull. I wonder if it's at that point that you have to hand the Automaton the Philosopher's Stone?

...By the way, how did you get the Automaton to accept more skulls than just the Crystal Skull? I'm unfamiliar with the method and I've only heard of it taking the Crystal, and I haven't even figured out how to make it take that yet. Just wanna make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else.

Uh. That's a question for BenGhazi that orchestrated the run.
Wire Wrote:
Readster Wrote:I can't imagine trying to figure stuff out based on our information will be that helpful since anything you can think of we tried and then made 100 times crazier, but it works as a good example.

Life tip: when in doubt always remember that the sunstation crew will always retroactively out-nerd you.

our nerding transcends the idea of time and space