Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Lison Wrote:where the FUCK is the record of valterak falling into lava with 4 vital items on the first attempt

Here is the relevant documentation for this event:
http://i.imgur.com/LXNncF2.png
Geez you guys set up that whole squad back when I was still doing telesci every other round and you invited that Valterak nerd but not me? This makes me a sad Fisk. Though I suppose I wasn't acquainted with many people on that list at the time so *shrug. Anywhosle, I'm totally down for doing some attempts in the future if people need a body to help, I'm well versed with everything from setting up stuff during the disaster round to basics like getting keys and navigating locations quickly. Just let me know if you'd like my help.
There were basically three waves of introductions to the group. First was my call in #goonstation for everybody who was interested in the solarium to join the channel I was making back when this all started. That was public and I only ended up getting three people (SailorDave, Readster, and spectral, who eventually vanished and I never saw again).
There were other people who weren't on IRC at the time who were working on the solarium or were otherwise interested, so after the initial 4 of us we actively sought out anyone who was interested in the solarium or was known for being particularly nerdtastic, which is how ClockworkCupcake, SecretAgentCow, and others came in (I can't remember when River_ came in and unfortunately the dude's vanished off the face of the internet. I hope he's okay).
It wasn't really secret, but not many were interested at the time. We often ran into people insisting that there was nothing interesting to actually find with the solarium and that it had all been discovered, so the recruitment was difficult and we didn't wanna pull in people who weren't gonna actively help.
Finally, the last batch of people were all direct invitations to people who were known personally by people already in, which is how Valterak came in. I guess nobody knew you well at the time, FishDance, so you missed out frown

Around that time is when people outside of the group started taking notice of the solarium and we started having trouble with a few people (who I won't call out, since it's been ages now) ghosting us constantly in-game in order to copy our achievements/methods to present them as their own and claim that they had a "burst of inspiration" or whatever, so we started to get a bit more secretive in response to that.
Since I learned about what telesci was and what it was meant for. (About maybe... after my first month playing on goonserver) I been interested in it. I remember a guy grabbed me to help them to do a run on the ice moon. I actually helped them open the puzzle my first time there and fell into the pit that leads to, pretty much hell. I lost a leg from the fall so they sent me back to station in the medi-teleporter where I bled to death because no one was medical.

Even though I learned a lot about how to navigate some places (Biodome/biodome caverns. ice moon, and the void) some places really do still creep me out, like meat station, or just the disaster round. The telesci areas still make me think and really want to learn more about them, lore/backstory wise. I don't get to play SS13 much anymore because I work a full time job. Although I could use a computer at work, my net connection isn't good enough for me to fight things to survive and I end up dying a lot.

I like reading the stories and the lore on the forums, specially with this post, and try to help brainstorm ideas that might be useful. Like, I tired putting the ancient armor and obsidian crown on shitty bill. (Because of the theory is/was part of this 'cult' people keep talking about) It did nothing so we started beating him to death while the AI was shitting a brick. (Still did nothing but it was an experiment.)
Then I noticed that brain swapping machine in the void for the first time. (Still think we should try and swap that futuristic robuddies brain for a person and see what happens if that person enters the void)

However, my overall theory is, and has been for a long time even when I first played a disaster round and people mentioned a 'good ending' is that... It's not done, It never was done. Thats why no one has found it yet. And due to the secrecy from the admins, or just plain inconsistent responses, I don't think we ever would know.

He is a good example one of I just got, and no. I will not name the admin I asked. "I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility that maybe you are not altogether incorrect with regards to the solarium good ending's existence or nonexistence state, perhaps."

Even Valves ARGs weren't this vague and said it themselves that if there was a ARG they would pretty much say it.

So... Is there a good ending? If there is, is it even done?
...oh.

Oh god.

Oh god YOU GUYS GAVE ME ALL OF THE ANCIENT SUMERIAN DIALOGUE.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS DO YOU WANT ME TO NEVER SLEEP AGAIN FOREVER.
Oh wait there's another document with translations. Haha I'm dumb never mind.
Apologies for triple post, we don't have an edit button and I'm tired as fuck.

Anyways, I never in my goddamn LIFE would've been able to catch that bit about the key lime pie. Seriously, that's...what. If the only thing we've been missing this entire time is a goddamn key lime pie, I'm going to eat both shoes and fly out of the nearest wall.

I actually have extensive documents shared with a choice few collaborators (by which I mean mainly one), though I'm not sure if such information should be divulged, since it's literally each and every single piece of information we've ever been able to uncover on the Solarium.

Dammit why don't we have a secrets thread.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Dammit why don't we have a secrets thread.
We do... on the SA forums. :downsrim:

Abinmorth Wrote:oops, used the wrong link. here the actual image
[Image: 95jYlYy.png?1]
That's actually not a new thing, that's what the Sun looks like if you go to the Solarium during the salvage round.
[Image: 6bc782c60f.png]

...Huh. I actually wasn't aware the Automaton interacted with the Philosopher's Stone at all. Has anyone actually gotten it to keep it?
also uh these documents are a bit outdated, so they're missing some of the newer stuff
Here's some suggestions of things to investigate more:
  • The skulls -- they are definitely for something, though only the crystal skull does anything.
  • The ominous pit -- there's apparently around 5 ways of leaving including building a teleporter and getting out with the portasci. there must be more to the area.
  • The pile of rocks on the ice moon (near sing generator) -- it has a description that indicates there's something underneath. though nobody has worked out how to excavate.
  • The stranger walls -- the area behind IS finished but looks deceivingly empty. though how to open? no idea. maybe the three monkeys are a clue?
  • The philosophers stone -- can be given to the automaton - though nobody has reached the correct stage for that to happen yet.
we had a run a few nights ago where we gave the automaton all the keys, including the key lime pie. Seems standard right? We also gave it all the special skulls, which apparently no one had ever tried before?
I had an interesting run once where I first used the solar key from the sun bee. then i revived with strange reagent. then I gave it a really really really large amount of spacethings. the sun was spinning like crazy. then i gave it the crystal skull. it got me to a point where i couldn't progress any further. nothing seemed to work on it anymore, said wasn't time yet for all of them. no keys or skulls. pretty sure i tried philosopher's stone.
Nah we did the skull thing a long time ago. Our group kind of stopped. I never posted all of our findings so here's a few.

The Russian cheget, aka nuclear briefcase, has 2 key slots in the menu. It accepts solarium type keys.

The sick guy from the time warp is saveable.

Something something void.
SL the Pyro Wrote:[Image: 6bc782c60f.png]

...Huh. I actually wasn't aware the Automaton interacted with the Philosopher's Stone at all. Has anyone actually gotten it to keep it?

One