Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Silvercloud29 Wrote:The void has a few new things added to it.... Like this WEIRD complicated contraption which I NEVER seen before till today. I don't know when it was added actually. Then there is a space with a bed that used to be a rusted airlock, now its open. There is pen writing everywhere. One of the pen marks says 'imcoder" like the Jan 05 update about medals I ASSUME from a new admin (Since I never seen the name before)
Anyway, picture of the contraption...

[Image: wD9SRzo.png]
Mindswapper.
So basically theres 4 possibilities:

1. We are not supposed to spawn the server and are missing some things that have to be done in a normal round.
2. We are supposed to do something else to the server other than breaking it.
3. We are supposed to break it, but we are missing something in the disaster round.
4. Solarium Quest isn't finished yet and it isn't possible to achieve the good ending. frown

I really hope its not 4.
The possibilities 2 and 3 haven't really been explored yet,
you can't really do many experiments there because
if it is 2. and you try different items on the server, it will break if using the wrong item.
Íf it is 3 then we dont really get much time to do whatever we need to do.
if it is 1 then im running out of ideas what else to try.
If you want to explore the dark pit better, use foam. Foam flows onto the floor but not the walls, and you can spam foambeakers if you have 2 artbeakers (of foam agent and water) and a regular beaker (to mix in).
Preamble Wrote:If you want to explore the dark pit better, use foam. Foam flows onto the floor but not the walls, and you can spam foambeakers if you have 2 artbeakers (of foam agent and water) and a regular beaker (to mix in).

Portable chemicompiler would be very useful here.
Cyclical Wrote:Portable chemicompiler would be very useful here.

I'm not sure what that is.
So, do any of us actually know what the good ending of Solarium is supposed to contain? Judging from the lore descriptions in this thread, I'd wager that the good ending is to achieve what the cultists failed: To ascend. To rise above mortals (Successfully achieve the ever present theme of finding immortality and escaping the overbearing presence of death.), and become a starchild. (Child of the Star, or sun. A child does not have to be young, if you think of its definition.) If you think about it, you wouldn't just ascend in-game, you'd ascend among that players. You would be the one(s) to complete solarium and would be held far above any other players and gain favor by the closest thing to gods that this game has: Admins.

Second off: Are the conditions to the good ending absolute, or are they always changing? Any modifications to the requirements for the good ending would happen in the shadows and could be happening at any moment. Any lead we could find to the good ending could be quickly damned and disconnected if it was realized that it was "too easy."

Side note: This Ascension thing reminds me of the Chozo in Metroid Prime.
In Metroid Prime, the Chozo, a race of hyper advanced bird-people, forsook their advanced technology and settled down on an unspoiled world. There, they became one with nature and ascended to ethereal forms. In time though, a great meteor bore down on their world and brought with it a great poison. This great, radioactive, living poison horribly alters anything that it doesn't outright destroy, of which the surviving altered have an insatiable hunger for the poison. The Chozo, for reasons uncertain, were extremely susceptible to this poison and went insane. The surviving Ethereals wander the planet and appear in the game as Chozo Ghosts, one of the most powerful enemies in the game.
[Image: 95jYlYy]

Well, thought id share this. This came from a gimmick round where somebody shot a glitch gun at the christmas tree.
(Other sprites in the rotation were the normal sun, the shifting sun and different parts of the lava moon boss)
Ive never seen that sprite during a solarium run, so maybe that is what the sun is supposed to look like for the good ending?
oops, used the wrong link. here the actual image
[Image: 95jYlYy.png?1]
DyssalC Wrote:Mindswapper.

I looked at the controls for it after I took the screenshot. I think there was a spot for robots and one for humans....
Think we could try swapping a persons mind for maybe.... The futuristic robobuddy?
well, the void machine has been used already to swap the minds of two humans.
it can also interface with monkeys, human critters like shitty bill and father jack or even with dead people the same way.
(spoiler: swapping with a dead person is not a good idea, unless you want to speak in Deadchat...)
maybe there are other ways to interface with the machine, so you could connect robots to it? maybe it even lets us swap with the automaton so we will finally understand what is going on inside his little metal head.

Also, after you use the machine once, it will break. no idea if you can do anything else with the machine after that.
Abinmorth Wrote:well, the void machine has been used already to swap the minds of two humans.
it can also interface with monkeys, human critters like shitty bill and father jack or even with dead people the same way.
(spoiler: swapping with a dead person is not a good idea, unless you want to speak in Deadchat...)
maybe there are other ways to interface with the machine, so you could connect robots to it? maybe it even lets us swap with the automaton so we will finally understand what is going on inside his little metal head.

Also, after you use the machine once, it will break. no idea if you can do anything else with the machine after that.

The former could be possible, considering that the automaton can be dragged and will move on his own at certain points, intriguing. smile
All of this is bad except for that sun sprite. Never seen that before, but it might be unused.
Two
Do we need to bring a box of Popecrunch to the automaton?
popecrunch Wrote:Two

So every few days he counts down, Is he counting down to the addition of a new telescience area /Update to a current one that will make the solurium good ending possible? Only time will tell

Also is it weird that alot of the stuff needed for the solurium and alot of the secrets that we have not figured out has happened in the biodome? I am pretty sure it has a pretty deep backstory that you nerds are mostly ignoring