Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constructing AI Cores
This is done in /tg/, so why not here? Maybe the AI parts could be found in the debris field? Maybe there could be something in the robot factory or the drone corpse? Those two places kinda fit. smile
Oh yeah, this thread! I remember this thread.

I'm still an advocate for this, and I've come up with a prototype guideline for AI core instruction:

- A combination of mauxite/steel, pharosium, and glass/molitz would make the AI core frame at any robotics fabricator. A heavy amount of all three will be needed, maybe...15 mauxite, 10 pharosium, and 5 molitz? Something like that, the numbers could probably do with some reworking.
- The frame is closed and will remain closed until its hatch is opened. This is performed in an identical manner to the already existing procedure with which you open an AI's head, and consequentially requires a head-level ID to do.
- After opening the hatch, you must first place a power core into the frame. Different power cores will result in different levels of internal battery power, similarly to cyborgs. However, since the AI only needs to worry about its battery if the power goes out or it gets kicked off-station for whatever reason, this isn't much of an issue.
- Once you've connected the power cell, the following components must be placed, in any order:
- A Commaster disk, for calling the escape shuttle.
- A station bouced radio.
- A brain. This can be the neural net processor from a previous AI or the brain of any crew member. (It might be necessary to somehow "convert" a human brain into a neural net processor. If so, the means to do this would be in the Computer Core.)
- After all of these components are in place, you then insert cables into the frame. Due to the AI being a complicated piece of machinery, many wires are required; perhaps an entire coil's worth?
- Once you've placed all of these components into the frame, you can then perform the reverse of the opening process (wrench the bolts back in, crowbar it closed, swipe with a head ID) and the AI will activate! Maybe there could be some customization options like being able to choose the color of the display or something, not sure.
- However, an activated AI core cannot interface with station electronics until it is wired into the station. In order to do this, you must find any wire connected to the station's power grid and wrench the AI's floor bolts into place at that location. After a minute or two of connecting to the grid, the AI is ready to go!

Thoughts?
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Oh yeah, this thread! I remember this thread.

I'm still an advocate for this, and I've come up with a prototype guideline for AI core instruction:

- A combination of mauxite/steel, pharosium, and glass/molitz would make the AI core frame at any robotics fabricator. A heavy amount of all three will be needed, maybe...15 mauxite, 10 pharosium, and 5 molitz? Something like that, the numbers could probably do with some reworking.
- The frame is closed and will remain closed until its hatch is opened. This is performed in an identical manner to the already existing procedure with which you open an AI's head, and consequentially requires a head-level ID to do.
- After opening the hatch, you must first place a power core into the frame. Different power cores will result in different levels of internal battery power, similarly to cyborgs. However, since the AI only needs to worry about its battery if the power goes out or it gets kicked off-station for whatever reason, this isn't much of an issue.
- Once you've connected the power cell, the following components must be placed, in any order:
- A Commaster disk, for calling the escape shuttle.
- A station bouced radio.
- A brain. This can be the neural net processor from a previous AI or the brain of any crew member. (It might be necessary to somehow "convert" a human brain into a neural net processor. If so, the means to do this would be in the Computer Core.)
- After all of these components are in place, you then insert cables into the frame. Due to the AI being a complicated piece of machinery, many wires are required; perhaps an entire coil's worth?
- Once you've placed all of these components into the frame, you can then perform the reverse of the opening process (wrench the bolts back in, crowbar it closed, swipe with a head ID) and the AI will activate! Maybe there could be some customization options like being able to choose the color of the display or something, not sure.
- However, an activated AI core cannot interface with station electronics until it is wired into the station. In order to do this, you must find any wire connected to the station's power grid and wrench the AI's floor bolts into place at that location. After a minute or two of connecting to the grid, the AI is ready to go!

Thoughts?
I prefer 3 station bouced radios. And a machine translator implant.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:- A combination of mauxite/steel, pharosium, and glass/molitz would make the AI core frame at any robotics fabricator. A heavy amount of all three will be needed, maybe...15 mauxite, 10 pharosium, and 5 molitz? Something like that, the numbers could probably do with some reworking.
I like all the kind of stuff you've put into the steps, However I think that they shouldn't start off as fabricator blueprints. they should be more like the teleporter; In that the parts are already there and you can scan them if you want to build more.
salix_catus Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:- A combination of mauxite/steel, pharosium, and glass/molitz would make the AI core frame at any robotics fabricator. A heavy amount of all three will be needed, maybe...15 mauxite, 10 pharosium, and 5 molitz? Something like that, the numbers could probably do with some reworking.
I like all the kind of stuff you've put into the steps, However I think that they shouldn't start off as fabricator blueprints. they should be more like the teleporter; In that the parts are already there and you can scan them if you want to build more.
An equally valid idea, though the overall point is to make them resource-intensive so you're not churning out six AI cores in any given round. The frame should, if we go along with this, be placed in the computer core or maybe the communications room near the bridge.
http://www.ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Guide ... on#AI_Core

/tg/station has a pretty simple way to construct your new Artificial pal. Like Bane mentioned, though, we should be careful to avoid making it easy to make 20 AIs in one round. Maybe if there was some sort of 'Synthetic Uplink Assembly' or some sort of AI Routine Code module to make it a bit trickier? That way you wouldn't have Jeb Toolboxe filling the bar with a bus load of AIs. That way it would give the station a lot more to do (Miners have to grab more goodies, Mechanics have to do more work, etc.).

Definitely like the multiple AI idea, too. It could make for some interesting cooperation (or lack thereof). Could also be interesting in Traitor Rounds, especially if one AI suspects the other of being manipulated prompting some sort of AI War. Think Xerxes and Shodan in SS2 with less body horror, more deranged crewmembers.