Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction mode feedback thread
Hey Marq, I just wanted to say. We all might pitch you impossible ideas. Drive you mad with requests. Have you babysit us when we whine that we can't clean the blood off the floor. Or shit is missing or broken...

You really, REALLY have been doing A LOT of incredible work on this game mode, and I am sure a lot of other players can agree you are doing some good work on it. And thank you for putting up with us to give us this great game mode.
Silvercloud you can click drag yourself onto a crate to move past it, and you can pull an item and then click a square to move the item to that square.
Marquesas Wrote:OOC is not disabled during construction and IC in OOC is allowed.

It would probably be a good idea to add this to the wiki as an exception.
I'm not too keen on adding anything to the rules page without admin approval, but I think something like this could work for clarification

http://wiki.ss13.co/User:Atomic1fire/sandbox
Go ahead.
I been thinking about doing a custom page on the wiki about the construction game mode. Not only talking about what it is, but talks about all the tools unique to it, how they work, types of random events, etc. Thoughts?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=716&hilit=exadv1#p7048

Posting this here so people can talk about it:

Code:
[01:09] (urs) Here, exadv1 suggests pve events be based on round length and score
[01:09] (urs) I think that might be useful for construction
[01:10] (urs) But as the punches keep coming, your score naturally drops
[01:10] (urs) More damage, more bodies, less resources coming in
[01:10] (urs) So the difficulty will drop to let you recover
[01:11] (urs) That way you don't get decimated by drones, barely stabilize and then get swarmed and bombed by Martians right after
[01:12] (urs) Instead, maybe you get space hobos for a break because your score just tanked
Currently drone attacks cause lag, mainly because they're harder to hunt down than martians and the like and they build-up over time. It's be nice if they spawned directly in the ship or at least were super aggressive so we didn't have to hunt them down as much.

Silvercloud29 Wrote:I been thinking about doing a custom page on the wiki about the construction game mode. Not only talking about what it is, but talks about all the tools unique to it, how they work, types of random events, etc. Thoughts?
That would probably be a good idea, though best left to when it's more established, because right now things are shifting and changing rather frequently.
DyssalC Wrote:Currently drone attacks cause lag, mainly because drones are firing continuously even if the target is CLEARLY on the other side of a wall and to make matters worse the projectile collision code is about as efficient as a pile of hamster shit. In hamster wheels.

That and pathing. God, I need to take some time off to optimize these.
pathfinding is I guess an endgoal for every mob. In the meantime, before we get scrapper drone sweeps from one edge of the map to the other deconstructing the station can we maybe get a special paint or something that teleblocks tiles? It wouldn't have to cost much, maybe it could require telecrystal blocks dumped in the paint bucket or something, just rare enough to cover those key areas like medbay etc. Martian attacks could also in the end consist of large forces teleporting in a couple rooms all in one go and slowly spread from there, planting bombs along the way.
So, I modified my survey shuttle design a bit. Don't worry, nothing major. Just a few little suggestions and minor adjustments based on how people usually seem to use it, and of course removing the features that won't be implemented.

First, I noticed people often remove that back window in the engine room so they can start building in that direction. So it seems like a good idea to make those two small back rooms into aft airlocks to give people two more areas to start from. Although it might make station construction a little more haphazard, having people going off in multiple directions like that. Rearranged the engine room a bit too, so people won't get stuck like Silvercloud did that one time.

It'd be nice if the shuttle could start with a pod wormhole beacon if possible. Not on the front or sides, though. People usually build in those directions. I think it'd probably have to be in the back, so that's where I put one in my revised design. Of course, it would have to be a couple tiles further away than where I put it, but I just didn't want to make the image bigger, is all. This is just a convenience suggestion, though. It's not really critical.

I suggest changing the other two gunnery rooms into a small sick room and a mini-armory. Not with armory weapons in it, just a couple more lasers than there currently are, and a second charging station. I've seen several rounds where people got overwhelmed by enemy spawns. Moving those lockers away from the front airlocks should reduce clutter a bit.

[Image: JLPbvoe.png]
That is a really cool shuttle.
Honestly you should replace all those "shuttle doors" with glass airlocks that auto-close close and can be bolted. because about 30 seconds after the round starts all the doors are opened and the shuttle quickly becomes airless.
We need a way to power doors, that aren't in a direct area (I want my functional fluff rooms damnit!)

Can't seem to power cell chargers

A way to upgrade the mineral magnet would be nice, A 15x15 magnet is cool, but not having an afficient way to get rid of the 7x7 one is kinda annoying

Unless I'm missing something, valuchimps are stupidly hard to get, they're not in chemistry kits, and the only one I can think of to scan is on the biodome, which requires a computer core & telescience (160K $), not to mention the nuisance if you don't have a second person to TP you, because portals will probably kill your power pretty quickly

Fluff objects please? Things like shuttle engines (albeit useless)

Disposals starter kit anyone? Or am I just to big of a nerd?

There's 1 deconstruction device, on the entire map, that's not a lot, know how easy it is to lose that one? Very easy

A way to reverse the blueprint marker would be cool, so the sprite of what you're marking would be as if you're on the opposite side of the turf, helps for corners

The space pod & general fab in the pre-spawned construction area have no schematics
we need a bot to take a picture, stitch it together, and archive it every few hours so that people have a public record to show people their work and be proud of