Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction mode feedback thread
Hello, this is the new official place to post your ideas and bug reports about stuff in construction mode.
So far the biggest threat to the station seems to be the sheer number of bodies left around. There's not really an effective way of cleaning them up besides selling them, which costs valuable telecrystals. A "trash compactor" that destroys whatever's on it (no scrap, unlike the crusher) but drains a lot of power would be a cool kit to buy as part of a "disposals" room destination x perhaps only available after finishing other designations.

We can't name pods without champagne, so a cap'n bubs in the diner or somewhere in space would be cool.
Building a medbay is a bitch because you can't scan a deployed NanoMed that you get from the kit and it takes 2 NanoMeds. The kit only comes with 1, meaning that not only do you have to spend twice the money but you have to spend twice the precious telecrystals. Not only that but, when things are fully implemented and you have nuts things going on with immense carnage and 20 minute length between respawns you can bet your ass medbay is gonna be frequented by many people, thus I believe it should come with 2 NanoMeds to help designate a medbay quicker and to help deal with the influx of patients it's gonna see.

Perhaps there should be a telescience kit? I mean, so long as the Syndie Satellite issue is fixed.

Maybe an armory milestone that causes the siege events to get more threatening, maybe even with an armory kit to buy once you have the full medbay, due to the fact that people will probably hurt themselves with the weapons.
I was part of the beginnings of a station recently and I noticed that not being able to see into rooms and out into space really messes with your sense of direction. I spent most of my time adding windows to places so you could look in. The problem is that the standard RCD doors aren't the glass doors uses throughout most of the station and glass needs to be bought.
Combined with people just building wherever until some main hallway materializes makes the stations more confusing that necessary. Having the RCD make glass doors and maybe windows would be great. Or maybe add a door type option to the floor planner so you can change their type?
The other direction we might want to go taking out the RCD and having people build the station mostly by hand. Spawn them with two stacks of steel and a stack of glass instead.
UmmonTL Wrote:I was part of the beginnings of a station recently and I noticed that not being able to see into rooms and out into space really messes with your sense of direction. I spent most of my time adding windows to places so you could look in. The problem is that the standard RCD doors aren't the glass doors uses throughout most of the station and glass needs to be bought.
Combined with people just building wherever until some main hallway materializes makes the stations more confusing that necessary. Having the RCD make glass doors and maybe windows would be great. Or maybe add a door type option to the floor planner so you can change their type?
The other direction we might want to go taking out the RCD and having people build the station mostly by hand. Spawn them with two stacks of steel and a stack of glass instead.
In the most recent build RCD's can build all sorts of doors with all sorts of accesses and you can even name them whatever you want.
Apologies for the double-post, but maybe when all the listed rooms are designated the events could speed-up/get more hardcore?

That way people wouldn't feel the round went stagnant after everything was built.
Not sure if this was read in the other thread but I think these need to be done

The green blueprint gun would nice if it could be used from a distance instead of having to stand right next to the place you wanna mark

Make it so that construction borgs have the blue print glasses built into them.

Make the arrival shuttle be safe and not freeze/suffocate us to death.

We need some tool belts on the shuttle

And let us weld empty crates to get metal
Megapaco Wrote:Not sure if this was read in the other thread but I think these need to be done

The green blueprint gun would nice if it could be used from a distance instead of having to stand right next to the place you wanna mark

The blueprint gun does in fact work like that, so long as you can see it you can mark it.

Construction borgs do start with construction vision but I think Marq said they're broken right now.

We spawn with toolbelts now, though those were broken at first too. They might be fixed now, I don't know.
DyssalC Wrote:
Megapaco Wrote:Not sure if this was read in the other thread but I think these need to be done

The blueprint gun does in fact work like that, so long as you can see it you can mark it.

Construction borgs do start with construction vision but I think Marq said they're broken right now.

We spawn with toolbelts now, though those were broken at first too. They might be fixed now, I don't know.

Oh okay. I guess my ideas were used.
Literally everything mentioned so far is implemented (except for the nanomed, which I am fixing now), thus please spend a good 30 minutes on the latest build before submitting suggestions so we avoid the clutter.

Telescience kit is going to come, I'm adding 3-4 kits every build, but it's low priority for me at the moment to add kits which aren't frequently asked for (yet).

DyssalC Wrote:Apologies for the double-post, but maybe when all the listed rooms are designated the events could speed-up/get more hardcore?

Regarding this - currently, events scale with both time and player count. Around the 5 hour mark, with 20 people on, we actually had a few pretty difficult sieges, first by martians and then by drones.
We have rcds that can hold thousands of ammo but manufacturers only produce it in 10 unit clips.

I spent like 10 minutes alone just loading a huge rcd clip that ended up being lost on Lana's corpse somewhere
seeing as there are no real antagonists in the mode, and genetics has the enzymatic reclaimer, a tool usually only used by traitors or on monkeys, why not allow it so you could load the copious dead critters/ectoplasm littering the station halls into the thing for easy biomass somehow? It would make cleaning up easy and gives animal/martian corpses a use beyond disgusting meat for food.
phart Wrote:genetics has the enzymatic reclaimer, a tool usually only used by traitors or on monkeys

???

Do you not load dead bodies into that thing after you scan them to be cloned?
Do you reclaim your research monkeys?
Fun fact, you can use corpses for genetic research as well.
Any means to coordinate would make things much easier: it is too easy for lack of communication to waste everybodys time. Something like spawning with those multi-frequency headsets would be awesome, so that 'departments' of people who want to do the same stuff can create themselves. If you want to go fancy, a captain to be head coordinator. A head id at the start to use the comms console would also be useful, because that's when the most chaos comes out, and a big "team x building y" announcement would clear things up.