Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact Shenanigans
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I'm assuming that leading humans to harm is just as forbidden as directly harming them.

You assume incorrectly.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
CrackBauer Wrote:Someone left a borging artifact in the bar once; a surprising number of people jumped in it (myself included). We then spent the rest of the round aggressively cajoling people into abandoning their humanity.
Nope nope nope. Don't do this. Fun as it may be, since the borging artifact clearly brings harm onto those who step into it, that makes this in violation of Law 1, since I'm assuming that leading humans to harm is just as forbidden as directly harming them.
as long as you dont trick people into touching it noone cares. scream "HUMANS BECOME BORG BY TOUCHING THIS DEVICE" is harmless and not a big deal
Injector artifacts are great fun, especially since even if you clearly label them people will touch them. In a recent round I got one that injected Pancuronium and mugwort, labeled it, put it in the hallway, returned a bit later to see paralyzed people all around it. I then helped the ones that were suffocating and looked like a hero.

The other thing I found was a turret artifact, totally forgot those even existed. Since I wasn't a traitor I just let it shoot at a monkey. The pro, it stayed active for about 40 minutes straight. The con, it barely got the monkey into crit in that time. Still fun though, as a traitor putting something like that in the hallway should be great fun.

Lastly, found another gravitybomb, it destroyed exactly one space again and seemingly didn't even pull any items in the vicinity in. Next time I find one I'll try standing right next to it while it goes off.
Oh, I remember that a miner found a turret artifact that fired lasers...that did no damage. Literally no damage at all. I, being the RD, wanted to put it in my office as a humorous "home defense system".
I'm pretty sure turret artifacts are bugged. It seems like they miss 95% of their shots for no apparent reason.
Berrik Wrote:I found a freeze ray artifact that put down a 5x5 area of ice and froze anyone in that area in an ice cube, and caused a decent chunk of the station to rage because they couldn't figure out who was doing it.
Protip: you can use those magic artifacts from inside vehicles/closets/etc. I once flew around in the Strelka icing the Escape Shuttle. The amount of rage generated from them not being able to find the source of the ice was hysterical.

Sundance Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I'm assuming that leading humans to harm is just as forbidden as directly harming them.

You assume incorrectly.
The gist of it is that you can't force humans to touch the artifact (i.e. locking them in a room with it until they touch it). You can suggest them to touch it, you just can't force them. Anyone that agrees to touch it is taking their life into their own hands and thus exercising their own right to hurt themselves, so it doesn't conflict with Law 1 that way.
Embolism Wrote:I'm pretty sure turret artifacts are bugged. It seems like they miss 95% of their shots for no apparent reason.
Not sure actually, I think part of it is the RNG assigning a random damage output (or its supposed to), and then giving a random sprite/sound combo. Its possible they made that RNG pick a number between 0 and 9 instead of 0-999 which would be a relatively easy mistake.