Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Hobo medicine options.
Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:Trepanation: Drill/Hammer+Head+Harm intent, dude laying down. Work the same as an anti-psychotic and will cure light-brain damage, but cause a lot of brute damage.

Uhh... I don't think we have drills and hammers in the game. Unless you're talking about Laser Drills and Mining Hammers?

Ooh! Ooh! Actually, that's a fun idea! Instead of drills and hammers, using an unpowered Mining Pick on someone's head with help intent, while they're lying down on a table, could deal normal brute damage, cause some bleeding, and heal a bit of brain damage by relieving swelling. It should also come with a tiny (1%?) chance of giving them a random disease, from exposing their damn brain with a pickaxe.

I really like the intubation one, though. gives experienced doctors a technique for dealing with LOSEBREATH, and gives a reason for people to be carrying around pens other than sleepypens. What if it has another effect, though? What if it causes Muteness? You punch through their voicebox with a ballpoint, it's going to be hard to speak after that.

Heck, we could then add in Electrolarynx's to the game. We've already got the goggles and the auditory headsets, for blindness and deafness. Give mute people an item that, when they hold it in their hand, lets them speak. Even better, if you hold it and scream, it makes the cyborg screaming noise!
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:Trepanation: Drill/Hammer+Head+Harm intent, dude laying down. Work the same as an anti-psychotic and will cure light-brain damage, but cause a lot of brute damage.

Uhh... I don't think we have drills and hammers in the game. Unless you're talking about Laser Drills and Mining Hammers?

Ooh! Ooh! Actually, that's a fun idea! Instead of drills and hammers, using an unpowered Mining Pick on someone's head with help intent, while they're lying down on a table, could deal normal brute damage, cause some bleeding, and heal a bit of brain damage by relieving swelling. It should also come with a tiny (1%?) chance of giving them a random disease, from exposing their damn brain with a pickaxe.

I really like the intubation one, though. gives experienced doctors a technique for dealing with LOSEBREATH, and gives a reason for people to be carrying around pens other than sleepypens. What if it has another effect, though? What if it causes Muteness? You punch through their voicebox with a ballpoint, it's going to be hard to speak after that.

Heck, we could then add in Electrolarynx's to the game. We've already got the goggles and the auditory headsets, for blindness and deafness. Give mute people an item that, when they hold it in their hand, lets them speak. Even better, if you hold it and scream, it makes the cyborg screaming noise!

I know we don't really have many drills or hammer kicking around, but I couldn't really think of any station objects that really fit the bill. If we ever end up getting a wood shop, a carpenters hammer would be great, though.

Also, for muting, I thought about it, but I thought it might be abused by people having an easy way to mute people.

(also also I might try creating a sprite for a surgical hammer for proper medbayt trepanning, and maybe one for a tracheal tube for intubation, but I think Cryo kind of renders those pointless if you have medbay access. Still might be fun for flavor though.)
make glass shards act as a shitty scalpel on somebody too.
Sam Guivene Wrote:make glass shards act as a shitty scalpel on somebody too.
Already does that.
There aren't any saws you can get your hands on for ghetto surgery except for chainsaws (cumbersome and need access) and robotics saws (easy to use, require access)

make wirecutters a "saw" (use the little sharp bits on the inside, whatever) so that I can properly snip people's ribcages open with a pair of wirecutters and slice their heart out with a glass shard.

PS: let us tear people's hearts out with our robo hands?
Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:Bandage: Fabric should be able to be used to stop bleeding. Also sheets from beds.

Take off your jumpsuit, click it while in active hand and on harm intent to rip it in half to get some raw fabric. This would add to the drama of the dire situation and could also work for hulking out/wrestling gimmicks.
[Image: hqhXclP.png] - Plastic tubing, for intubations and maybe blood transfusions in the medbay proper

[Image: PFbdVXs.png] A surgical hammer. Could be recolored to be a regular carpenters hammer, too. It's an edited pickaxe sprite.