Goonstation Forums
More Hobo medicine options. - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: More Hobo medicine options. (/showthread.php?tid=3381)

Pages: 1 2

More Hobo medicine options. - Isaacs Alter Ego - 10-19-2014

I think we need more hobo med/surgery options for outside of medbay. It'd be cool to have more ways to keep dudes alive rather than straight-up murder them, and it kinda fits the SS13 style.

Here are some suggestions.

Intubation: Use a pen with harm intent, targetting a dudes head, while he's laying down. Shove the pen into his throat and open up an airway! Causes some brute+bleeding, but cures losebreath and oxygen damage, as long as there's air. It'll also work well against Histamine.

Trepanation: Drill/Hammer+Head+Harm intent, dude laying down. Work the same as an anti-psychotic and will cure light-brain damage, but cause a lot of brute damage.

Bandage: Fabric should be able to be used to stop bleeding. Also sheets from beds.

Sucking out the poison: I can't think of a good way to activate this, but basically you'd bite a dude and suck poison out of him to relieve his tox damage and transfer a bit to yourself. Works on Venom and Histamine, and other toxins to a lesser extent.

Cigar/Cigarette: Burning yourself with one would remove ice spider eggs from your body, or a changeling's headspider.

Transfusion: Tank transfer valve yourself, then someone you're next to. Transfer your BLOOD. Deals brute damage to you to heal some brute for them.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - babayetu83 - 10-19-2014

this sounds fucking rad

back-alley hobo surgery is always good

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - DyssalC - 10-19-2014

Most of those are really cool, especially bandages and intubation, though some are a bit OP, like the headspider and ice spider egg thing.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - VictorMAngoStein - 10-19-2014

I want a way to remove various organs (kidneys, etc) so I can sell them to vardulak the shrouded.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Frank_Stein - 10-19-2014

Do stun batons and electrified doors/grills help with cardiac arrest?

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - RAWK_LAWBSTAR - 10-19-2014

Last time I checked they do.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Natsumehack - 10-19-2014

Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:Cigar/Cigarette: Burning yourself with one would remove ice spider eggs from your body.
I think it should be more, You have to get Shocked by powerful Voltage.

With low chance with normal door shock, up to a almost 100% chance to fry the little fucks when you get shocked by something that insta crit you at full HP.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Isaacs Alter Ego - 10-19-2014

Natsumehack Wrote:
Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:Cigar/Cigarette: Burning yourself with one would remove ice spider eggs from your body.

With low chance with normal door shock, up to a almost 100% chance to fry the little fucks when you get shocked by something that insta crit you at full HP.
Well I was thinking it would be like burning leeches/ticks off yourself, but leeches/ticks don't exist in SS13 so ice spiders/headspiders were the closest thing I could think of.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Natsumehack - 10-20-2014

Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:
Natsumehack Wrote:

Well I was thinking it would be like burning leeches/ticks off yourself, but leeches/ticks don't exist in SS13 so ice spiders/headspiders were the closest thing I could think of.

It's not so much that they are on you, the Ice spiders are in your blood, so a powerful enough Shock might kill the babies before you explode.

For the Head spider in your throat, I don't know.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Haine - 10-20-2014

Head spiders leap down your throat, then rest all up and cozy on your spine.

I like some of these, though. I'll look into some of them.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Ali0en - 10-20-2014

I honestly think there should be a small gin when a headspidered person transforms. I mean the victims head is getting exploded. It'd be a nice effect.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Weavel - 10-20-2014

Ali0en Wrote:small gin

please make a shot glass of gin spawn under headspider changelings

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Gannets - 10-20-2014

I like expanding surgery, especially hobo surgery! But maybe also add the necessary tools to perform these actions to medbay too, like a box of bandages, surgical drill, cautery, etc.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - Ali0en - 10-20-2014

Gin would be cool but I meant gib.

Re: More Hobo medicine options. - BruiseCruise - 10-20-2014

Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:
Natsumehack Wrote:

Space Leeches/Ticks when