Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martian Spriting Dump
Okay, 1: is this acutally going to be a gamemode or just admins being nice and giving someone this. 2:
Sundance Wrote:Mothership damage overlay
75% (tis but a scratch)
[Image: 4zooYku.png]
overlay (you can't really see it, but it's there)
[Image: SHEmBlt.png]
50% (could use a plaster)
[Image: 6E2OzLl.png]
overlay
[Image: 5BNfWrE.png]
25% (live fast die hard)
[Image: bxmyEDL.png]
overlay (consists of 3 sprites, the fire is animated)
[Image: Oa9fpUU.png]
[Image: t39hIp4.png]
[Image: zsclw4s.png]

I think that the ship should BLEED rather than catch fire, the Martians are all about bio tech right?
To add on to my previous post, how about when the ship explodes/dies, instead of Martians coming out on fire, they come out dripping with acidic blood (but it acts like fire, needing water to be put out, etc.) I don't know exactly what is in plan but these are my ideas at least. v
Quote:Okay, 1: is this acutally going to be a gamemode or just admins being nice and giving someone this. 2:
not a gamemode, yet. Just some sprite work for what could work as one, with emphasis on pod/space fights.
There's a Martian base already located in space with a Martian tradesman. I could see if I could get a weapon coded there, like the Martian torquebow for x credits, or maybe you could trade a syndicate item for something heavier. Maybe arm some of the critters in there with some Martian weapons, and put a pod at the end.
That said I'm probably going to resprite the 2x2 (and 3x3 eventually) to look more fleshy, and making it all bruised and cut looking could be a cool damage overlay
[Image: fUclf9w.png]
Remastered ship. With a fleshy embryo core. Pretty satisfied how it turned out.
oops, forgot the other dimensions
[Image: 3DrWKEn.png]

[Image: JhH9gOP.png]

[Image: B6EKO0o.png]

[Image: l6WixPx.png]
Haven't touched this thread in quite a while. Decided to rejig some of the martian pods, seen as there's new ores such as viscrite and koshmarinite or w/e you spell it, to reflect those ores. Essentially i've gotten far better at spriting and wanted to update my pods designs. I'll upload the other dimensions/frames/file data in a bit.
1x1 IMP
[Image: fUCGSZ5.gif]
[Image: JpSEmko.gif]
STATS:
A Martian Scout/mini-putt
Armor: Pitifully weak, very fast, 1 pilot. Designed to swarm or escape. Automatically repairs slowly.
Weapon: Mini-Acidic array. Fires 1x green laser that does burn damage as-well as potentially melting a mask slot.
Secondary Systems: Prisoner hold. Functions the same as cargo hold, albeit it will store x1 human.

2x2 ROGUE

[Image: VfrgfrI.gif]
[Image: O7MPMxh.gif]
SECONDARY SYSTEM ACTIVATION
[Image: 8w1YhJo.gif]
[Image: LWqlcmk.gif]
STATS:
A Martian Assault pod
Armor: Weaker than a command pod, yet faster. 1 pilot, 1 passenger. Automatically repairs slowly.
Weapon: Acidic Array: Fires 2x green laser that does burn damage as-well as potentially melting a mask slot.
Secondary Systems: Prisoner hold: Functions the same as cargo hold, albeit it will store x3 humans
D.E.D. (disruptive entry device): Upon activation, will detonate a blast which melts walls, destroys smashes windows, and causes a small emp blast. Large
cool down, designed like a S.E.E.D. rather than to outright destroy.

3x3 BEHEMOTH [ANIMATION WIP]
[Image: cghMmgc.png]
[Image: sUoWwJ9.gif]

STATS:
A Martian warship
Armor: Nearing twice the health of a mining pod, yet moves the same speed as one. 1 pilot, 3 passengers. Automatically repairs.
Weapon: Acidic Assault Array: Fires 2x green laser that does burn damage as-well as potentially melting a mask slot. It also fires one heavy laser, which will melt walls. It draws its power from the amount of prisoners stored in the prisoner hold. More prisoners; stronger laser.
Secondary Systems: Prisoner hold: Functions the same as cargo hold, albeit it will store x6 humans
D.E.D. (disruptive entry device): Upon activation, will detonate a blast which melts walls, destroys smashes windows, and causes a small emp blast. Large
Pod Hold: The behemoth can store 3 IMPS. Passengers can select deploy pod, in which the passenger that selected it will be deployed to the IMP and unloaded from the behemoth. Used to swarm attackers, or as an escape if the behemoth is exploding. To withdraw an imp, the pilot must select the load function when the imp is adjacent.
Now that viscerite exists as a material, we need to put it to use to make these things.
Sundance Wrote:Haven't touched this thread in quite a while. Decided to rejig some of the martian pods, seen as there's new ores such as viscrite and koshmarinite or w/e you spell it, to reflect those ores. Essentially i've gotten far better at spriting and wanted to update my pods designs. I'll upload the other dimensions/frames/file data in a bit.
1x1 IMP
[Image: fUCGSZ5.gif]
[Image: JpSEmko.gif]
STATS:
A Martian Scout/mini-putt
Armor: Pitifully weak, very fast, 1 pilot. Designed to swarm or escape. Automatically repairs slowly.
Weapon: Mini-Acidic array. Fires 1x green laser that does burn damage as-well as potentially melting a mask slot.
Secondary Systems: Prisoner hold. Functions the same as cargo hold, albeit it will store x1 human.

2x2 ROGUE

[Image: VfrgfrI.gif]
[Image: O7MPMxh.gif]
SECONDARY SYSTEM ACTIVATION
[Image: 8w1YhJo.gif]
[Image: LWqlcmk.gif]
STATS:
A Martian Assault pod
Armor: Weaker than a command pod, yet faster. 1 pilot, 1 passenger. Automatically repairs slowly.
Weapon: Acidic Array: Fires 2x green laser that does burn damage as-well as potentially melting a mask slot.
Secondary Systems: Prisoner hold: Functions the same as cargo hold, albeit it will store x3 humans

3x3 BEHEMOTH [ANIMATION WIP]
[Image: cghMmgc.png]
[Image: sUoWwJ9.gif]

STATS:
A Martian warship
Armor: Nearing twice the health of a mining pod, yet moves the same speed as one. 1 pilot, 3 passengers. Automatically repairs.
Weapon: Acidic Assault Array: Fires 2x green laser that does burn damage as-well as potentially melting a mask slot. It also fires one heavy laser, which will melt walls. It draws its power from the amount of prisoners stored in the prisoner hold. More prisoners; stronger laser.
Secondary Systems: Prisoner hold: Functions the same as cargo hold, albeit it will store x6 humans
Pod Hold: The behemoth can store 3 IMPS. Passengers can select deploy pod, in which the passenger that selected it will be deployed to the IMP and unloaded from the behemoth. Used to swarm attackers, or as an escape if the behemoth is exploding. To withdraw an imp, the pilot must select the load function when the imp is adjacent.

dag
is the 3x3 behemoth just a resize of the rogue? the edges seem a big jagged. the concept's cool, though.
AffableGiraffe Wrote:is the 3x3 behemoth just a resize of the rogue? the edges seem a big jagged. the concept's cool, though.
It is. It's WIP. Here's a more complete version. It's yet to get animation.
[Image: i8BxZGq.png]
[Image: Un0vjIb.gif]
aaand now it's animated.
[Image: N6Tk0Og.gif]
[Image: TXcMq8N.gif]
Secondary system activation:
[Image: 1lZg6R0.gif]
[Image: VpO8e9K.gif]
This stuff is rad
Sundance Wrote:
AffableGiraffe Wrote:is the 3x3 behemoth just a resize of the rogue? the edges seem a big jagged. the concept's cool, though.
It is. It's WIP. Here's a more complete version. It's yet to get animation.
[Image: i8BxZGq.png]
[Image: Un0vjIb.gif]

huh. i see where you tried to cut around the edges to make it smoother, but i think it looks a little... lumpy? if that's what you're going for then i'd say make it more exaggerated, but otherwise smooth it out. the main thing i see is that the inner circle is still really jagged, were you going to smooth that out?
by the way, if you're not looking for criticism, just lemmie know

i do have to say that your little imp pod thing is really kinda goddamn adorable
Noted affable, I have fixed it the centre core, will post fix in a bit. It's difficult to spot these irregularities when your shit is 3x3 tiles big.
Now, since there's going to be new perspective in the new map, i've decided that martian walls also require a new perspective to fit in line with the update.
Preview
[Image: A3skOAb.png]
I'll post the finished product later, I've yet to do some t-junctions, also wall lights, shutters, doors, windows, other funky stuff.
Yo! Sorry I haven't checked in on this for ages and ages. If we can get this thing working, I'd love to build the mothership onto the same system:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5809

Also damn dude, your spriting skills have improved dramatically.