Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martian Spriting Dump
I'm working my way to spriting various martian style things, so this is essentially going to be my dumping grounds for any .png or .gif's I complete. Most of this stuff is stemming from MollyMillion's Martian thread.
If you're wondering what software i'm using, it's GIMP, I get that glowing look just messing around with opaque,
I use online .gif makers for the moving sprites.
Hopefully, this might be implemented if the admins like what I'm making.
Eventually I'm working my way to making a martian pod, one that's one size up from the singularity, in which all this stuff could be stored, and moves like the pods that's going to be in Cog's map.
First up is the Biomass tank, in which helpless human's are thrown in for production of weaponry.
[Image: 7sjyU.gif]
[Image: GqGOe.gif]
[Image: pWtOL.gif]
[Image: TcIHI.gif]

The cables extend over two tiles each end, so that will require more spriting.
I'll be making an alien general manufacture that goes adjacent to the biomass
Alien chairs, kinda look like egg-cups
And of course the alien pod, but that's going to be a while.
Here's the cable's that go adjacent to the biomass, the last picture shows what it looks like altogether.
[Image: U8mKa.png]
[Image: lZboX.png]
[Image: L8HR9.png]
I'm aware of the size constraints, the cable's are floor tiles, the room within the shuttle will be compact in design, enough to do your duties, but not enough to run around.
More dumping, I'm a serious insomniac.
Here's a chair design. Some are .gif and some are .png for some reason, i'm not sure why.
[Image: Gsc3u.gif]
[Image: JuG1H.png]
[Image: jMIzl.png]
[Image: 4xkdj.gif]
Here's the statis pod, used as a cryo chamber, but also as a cloning chamber in the cost of biomass.
[Image: lM8U1.gif]
[Image: tyCyG.gif]
[Image: zQmls.gif]
[Image: hXbB3.gif]
[Image: 4SRn1.gif]
[Image: agBSz.gif]
[Image: 9DklX.gif]
[Image: B4gsI.gif]
[Image: RYPod.gif]
[Image: OFIrK.gif]

Here's the spaceship so far, in working concept:
[Image: AUI5L.png]
Here's a few things to note: the polyp is just a bio-console in which you can dispense weaponry in exchange for biomass.
The chargers are on tables (I'm going to sprite both an alien table and an alien charger) for you to charge your alien weaponry and to put down drinks of alien bourbon because you are rather dapper synthesizing all these humans (might make some alien booze for the hell of it)
I'm aware that I've use a wall sprite for the flooring, I'm going to use a different sprite for the walls of the spaceship, something different.
The piloting console at the front, I haven't decided all of it's functions aside from turning the ship from stationary (so it becomes like you see now) to mobile (you can't see inside, i.e: turns into a very large vehicle pod), and I have no idea how that would be like to code apart from I already got a nod from Cog that a vehicle this size is possible, but I haven't yet heard that the coding for switching from mobile vehicle to stationary room is feasible.
Birthing polyp, the concept behind it is that it's rigged up to the biomass mass, and basically vomits up eggs which contain the martian weaponry.
I think it's sufficiently gross,
[Image: cJigl.gif]
[Image: nX5Ni.gif]
[Image: NFjUo.gif]
[Image: pZ6YN.gif]
[Image: p6koq.gif]
[Image: 98WrP.gif]
[Image: myP9d.png]
[Image: noQAA.png]
[Image: PYJIG.png]
[Image: 3BTJH.png]
[Image: PdLnp.png]
[Image: 1NE5k.png]
Sundance Wrote:[Image: lM8U1.gif]
[Image: tyCyG.gif]
[Image: zQmls.gif]
[Image: hXbB3.gif]
[Image: 4SRn1.gif]
[Image: agBSz.gif]
[Image: 9DklX.gif]
[Image: B4gsI.gif]
[Image: RYPod.gif]
[Image: OFIrK.gif]

this is pretty vulgar. i like it.
Three words: How the fuck?
HumbleBee Wrote:this is pretty vulgar. i like it.
I don't quite understand, the cloning pod is the least creepy out of all the alien stuff. How does this trump a vomiting polyp and a vat of acid?

Winged_Chiller Wrote:Three words: How the fuck?
I'll take this as a compliment :mrgreen:
I just used Gimp and zoomed in a 32x32 frame. The glowing effect is just messing around with opaque settings, it's pretty simple. To make the .gif look dandy, especially with the polyp, I just went through frame by frame, it took me an hour and a half to sprite that polyp, but I'm pretty happy with it.
So far on my To-Do list, I've to do: Alien table, Alien charger, Alien fancy booze (for celebrating), alien fortified walls, Alien mechanical door, and of course the Alien spacecraft (this should be awesome :mrgreen: )
Sundance Wrote:Lots of content
Am I looking at Cogwerks 2.0 here?
Winged_Chiller Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Lots of content
Am I looking at Cogwerks 2.0 here?

Only thing is wether I'll get a coder to come and do it, whereas cog's is a coder as well as an awesome spriter.
I don't know a thing about coding myself, but half this stuff shouldn't be too hard to code, because there's not much too it.
The statis pod is just a resprited cloning pod that acts also as a cyro.
The Polyp is just a creepy dispensary like any other dispensary, only it requires biomass to pay for things.
The Biomass Vat just destroys any living thing inside it, like a light grenade or singularity, and adds points to the polyp.
The only thing that would raise alarm bells is that this whole get-up is actually inside a moving spaceship, but like I said apart from that, size-wise it's feasable.

The reason why I started spriting all this is because I realised alot of martian stuff is already there, including weapons, and it would make a mean game-mode, I just need to sprite some more and gain interest so perhaps a coder will jump on board. So if anyone's really interested in all of this, yell so that maybe we could get it implemented.
Wow someone doing something actually productive for the game this is amazing.
Mega update woop woop.
Funky tables and booze!
[Image: SUhQe.png]
[Image: jXRoL.gif]
[Image: lkqio.gif]
The biocharger, 3 settings, one inactive, one charging and one complete respectively, just like the normal one. There's two versions like the tables, left and right. These are a pain in the ass to upload.
Left .gif's (the moving ones)
[Image: 7aqiH.gif]
[Image: p27a4.gif]
[Image: 44Ms0.gif]
Left separate sprites
[Image: ZEG7G.gif]
[Image: MDtOL.gif]
[Image: AkKEy.gif]
[Image: biaaI.gif]
[Image: AkIiu.gif]
[Image: 742q0.gif]
Right .Gif's
[Image: vtXfd.gif]
[Image: 0axLz.gif]
[Image: v4Tq6.gif]
Right separate sprites
[Image: NgVK5.gif]
[Image: roPf5.gif]
[Image: FhhMK.gif]
[Image: x1qcn.gif]
[Image: pGZc5.gif]
[Image: YWMnS.gif]

That's it for the interior I think, aside from shot glasses that's already in the game and a book that should go on the other table on "Martian 1-0-1". I've done some huge revision on how this is gonna look and how it might work, here's the interior (ignore the crappy wall outline, I was just figuring out something):
[Image: xB7eS.png]
Here's the work in progress spaceship, it's nothing yet just the shape of it
[Image: gi7rt.png]

I've scraped the original idea of stationary/mobile thingy (read my first post) as a coder would find it a nightmare to code, it'll look shitty in stationary (you'll see the outer part of the spaceship and a black square) and, most importantly, the door is on the south, that'll mean you'll only be able to invade from the north!
Instead i'm going for a much better, much easier to code approach:
The spaceship interior is on a non reachable z-level, and the actual ship controlled from the pilot chair. To exit the interior, walk through the door and you'll be teleported to where the empty square is on the spaceship pod (see the work in progress). To enter, simply walk on the empty square again. This can be controlled through the alien console (as in turned on/off to stop a random spaceman from going in and killing err'body)
So it's kinda like an invisible teleporter that feels like a door.

In terms of the game-mode, the alien spaceship makes this a completely different kind of invasion than the syndicate operatives. Firstly, the spaceship breaks down walls, then the aliens enter a room, capture everybody, bring's them back and renders them down, rinse and repeat as you gradually get stronger. It's very much an incursion than an invasion. The whole strategies revolve around this hit and run tactics, and you start off with very little working your way up, making this team process and unique game mode.
:mrgreen:
I coded your biomass tank, maybe this will get the ball rolling in coding effort for this idea!

It doesn't connect to anything, but it does store how much DNA it has collected. It rewards the greatest amount of DNA from a living human. I also gave it a little meat-sizzling sound effect.

I put the code/sound file in a .zip here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uqk6moibbfa6bq6
MyBlueCorners Wrote:I coded your biomass tank, maybe this will get the ball rolling in coding effort for this idea!

It doesn't connect to anything, but it does store how much DNA it has collected. It rewards the greatest amount of DNA from a living human. I also gave it a little meat-sizzling sound effect.

I put the code/sound file in a .zip here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uqk6moibbfa6bq6

This is awesome! I love that sizzling sound, it fits in perfectly.
If this was to be connected to anything it would be connected to the Polyp. The polyp is just a vending machine as such, instead of using money it requires biomass. When vomiting out the egg that contains the weaponry, it would be neat if it made this noise (the BLEUGH at 0:33-0:34):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MlhKoAuy8w
The polyp itself would be connected the Statis pod and for 50 Biomass(given that 10 biomass = 1 alive human) you could choose to revive a fallen comrade if his dead body is in the statis pod.
Posting two new weapons I designed.
I'd do the moving .gif version for the shot but the online gif maker I've only realised now is fucking me over and not actually doing what it's supposed to be doing, so I'm learning how to properly make the .gif's on GIMP
Here's what I got:
Mini-Torquebow! TWANG!
Designed off Gear's torque bow and fallout's alien gun, this torquebow is your starter gun, it can fit in your alien pocket and has 4 shots designed to stun your target. Useful for containing your target, as you want them alive not dead, the torquebow has another useful ability that makes it superior to a taser, at close range it stuns the target at no extra cost like a stun baton.
[Image: JMmgc.png]
The torque arrow when shot:
[Image: xWyvo.png]
[Image: XCwtI.png]
[Image: ejM8B.png]
[Image: PrROW.png]
[Image: BMMbq.png]
[Image: Vwn4t.png]
[Image: QtPoy.png]
[Image: h6DNJ.png]
Next up is the Reaper injector. This is less of a weapon and more of a tool. Use it on downed opponents to inject them causing them slight toxin damage, very slowly sapping them of their health, that ain't the tools main purpose though.
But what's this? When you try be an asshole and succumb the minute you get in critical, that's too bad shithead because you cant! This allows you to "reap" the human for it's full biomass potential. Only works for 5 minutes so you best work fast!
[Image: 0eLuc.png]