Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanded Item Suicides
Drown in a bowl of soup.
KikiMofo Wrote:YES YES I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR MORE SUICIDES FOREVER.

Also the detective's .38 needs a special suicide that has a big ass monologue.

Only if committing suicide while holding an e-gun and standing next to an intercom makes your character blurt out a randomly generated motivational speech and then shoot themselves.
KikiMofo Wrote:YES YES I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR MORE SUICIDES FOREVER.

Also the detective's .38 needs a special suicide that has a big ass monologue.

"I held the gun in my hand. Like an old friend, it had always been there for me. But you don't go to deep space to work on some backwater research outpost filled with gibbering maniacs to make friends. I clutched the .38 in my hand, staring at it intently. In a sane world, having a gun would mean people would treat you with some manner of respect at the very least, but not in this hellhole. A gun just makes you more of a target; it's just a trophy for some ambitious lunatic to steal after he's beat your face into the floor.

I used to admire space. Vast, full of new worlds and opportunities, gorgeous in its infinite expanse. But that changed. I'd learned the truth. There's nothing out there worth seeing. More than anything, space is only full of things you should desperately, eagerly avoid - things that no one with any sense in their goddamn head would want to see.

Maybe I only found that out after coming to this station. Maybe I needed to see just how insane these people had to be just to come out here. I questioned the worth of my existence more times than I could count. So what was one more, in the grand scheme of things? I turned the gun in my hand. It would be so easy. I could go the hard route, take out my existential frustration on the murderous shitheaps running around in gray jumpsuits, wait until sec comes to shoot me down. Going out in a blaze of glory wouldn't be so bad.

But that wouldn't be a sure way out. They could just arrest me, take my gun, throw me in the brig, let the piranhas out there steal my stuff. No. My old friend would have to do me one last favor.

Nobody should have to see the things that go on out here in space. Shape-shifting aliens. Suicidal maniacs with nukes. I saw a monkey with a gun fighting a vampire with a goddamn plunger on his head. You hear things, too. Rumor has it the crew on this rig is just a bunch of genetically mutated monkeys. Hard to argue with that. Psychopaths.

So I sat there, staring at the barrel of my gun. Stop pussyfooting around, you fucking coward. Stop hesitating. I put the gun in my mouth. Aim is everything. Can't have it miss. Can't have it ricochet and leave you alive, a drooling, twitching mess. Gotta get it right the first time. One shot. One motion, end it all.

I closed my eyes.

I pulled the trigger."

BANG!
Crumplehat Wrote:(Intense monologue)
BANG!

"Hey guys, the detective killed himself! Dibs on his gun!"
For optimal effect, I'd suggest randomizing it between more than one possible monologues. Y'know, to keep it interesting.
Crumplehat Wrote:For optimal effect, I'd suggest randomizing it between more than one possible monologues. Y'know, to keep it interesting.
I absolutely love it Crumplehat. That is exactly something I wanted. A Max Payne type of monologue with the suicide.
Crumplehat that was lovely. You write word good.