Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mag-Boots stop teleport pads
Basically the magnetic boots from engineering stop you from being thrown around by the graviton projectors as well as from being teleported by the telepads. The former makes sense but the latter seems like it might be considered a bug.
I noticed this while setting up the engine as CE. I set up some telepads to help me get around but they didn't seem to work. Then I tested teleporting a fire extinguisher which did work so I realized what was up and tried withouth the boots on.
There are of course uses for this, the biggest that it makes you immune to the teletraps that are used a lot lately which is a double edged sword depending on who uses it.
I actually kind of like this. You can't be teleported since the boots hold you in place, and it's a wonderful counter to stupid teletraps in dark hallways.

I say leave it in. Teletraps need more counters
But then the ones building the teletraps, the CE and mechanics, are far more likely to get themselves magboots so they can have them all over the place and not worry about it. I'm fine either way, it just surprised me and seems unintuitive. Since magboots aren't exactly common I doubt a lot of people know about it.
More of a suggestion than a bug now, but maybe clicking them in your hand could disable the magnets? Simply on/off mode.
Weavel Wrote:More of a suggestion than a bug now, but maybe clicking them in your hand could disable the magnets? Simply on/off mode.

What about an icon in the top-left corner like internals?
SgtBriar Wrote:
Weavel Wrote:More of a suggestion than a bug now, but maybe clicking them in your hand could disable the magnets? Simply on/off mode.

[Image: EmcpC0r.png]
?
Sundance Wrote:
SgtBriar Wrote:

[Image: EmcpC0r.png]
?
it's officially time to make a suggestion thread for this
Feature, mag boots have stopped all kinds of teleporting forever.