Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More roboticist constructions (brains+things=weird things!)
For the door thing, maybe the brain vats could have a little ID scanner on them. Swipe an ID card on the vat and it gains all the access privileges the ID had on it.
I sorta image brain borg look like this.

[Image: 43ujf3rqxr.jpg]

God I love all the fall out games.
I am necroing this idea because I believe in brains, do you?
Archenteron Wrote:Grab the spare parts from the freezer in the morgue, add two cups of fresh gibs, 10u of strange reagent, a cyberheart, and three pieces of monkeymeat, bake 15sec on low, and create... FRANKENMEAT
Pulling this from another thread because it's sort of related and I like it.
It would be cool if was a recolored meatcube, a frankenmeatcube.

I would volunteer to be frankenmeatcubed at least once.
First off, the brain jar idea is the actual coolest shit I've seen here so far.

Secondly, I've had the idea of playable robots (securitrons, medbots, etc.) kicking around for a while, and one would do this simply by inserting a brain into the robot assembly instead of proximity sensors. Each individual robot would have "Programs"or whatever else you'd call them which function sort of like AI laws but are more specific and geared towards the type of robot in question. Getting emagged while playing as a robot Being able to play as stuff like a Securitron would be hella radical, and even something like playing as a cleanbot would no doubt be entertaining.

...also it would deal with the noted incompetence of our robots lately.
Oh what the fuck this cut me off midsentence when I was talking about the emag bit.

Getting emagged as a robot would do what it does to cyborgs and disable your restrictions and give the robots access to the dangerous shit (poison for medbots, knockdown for firebots, floor-ripping for floorbots) but without the immediate murdermode. This would sort also deter traitors from being too frivolent with emagging robots, as that medbot may decide to its use nasty poisons on the EMAGGER instead of the medbay staff.
atomic1fire Wrote:It would be cool if was a recolored meatcube, a frankenmeatcube.

I would volunteer to be frankenmeatcubed at least once.
It would be a good thing for the roboticist to put someone's brain in if he hates them.

BaneOfGiygas Wrote:Each individual robot would have "Programs"or whatever else you'd call them which function sort of like AI laws but are more specific and geared towards the type of robot in question.
I like this. The laws should also be independent from messing with the AI upload. As another thing, if a player controlling a unemagged Securitron, it should be impossible to stun anyone not set to arrest, since I can see that going awry.
[quote="Crumplehat"]
Brain + guardbuddy frame + cell + arm = brainbuddy! Unlike a guardbuddy, it has a brain instead of a module. Its special ability is that it can hug you! That's about it. It can also call you nasty names if the brain is not nice, but whatever, it can't punch you or anything, and it certainly cannot absolutely never ever jump because that's dumb. Now if some lunatic was to maybe try to change that through some electromagnetic interference or something outrageous like that, who knows.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but if brains inside buddies was possible, it would be hella rad if the screens could display the face of the brain's owner instead of the regular buddy face.
Please make brain in a jars a reality, and allow me to throw a sheet over them so they can't see.
Say yes to CyBuddies.
Say yes to CyBuddies.
MollyMillions Wrote:Please make brain in a jars a reality, and allow me to throw a sheet over them so they can't see.
Admins are on board with this, it's been given sprites, and its mechanics have been described in detail. We just need to get the coders on this shit and we're golden.
Brain in a vat is a pretty good idea, especially if limbs are easily added or removed... seems like a great way to totally screw somebody over as a rampage robotocist.
Sam Guivene Wrote:Brain in a vat is a pretty good idea, especially if limbs are easily added or removed... seems like a great way to totally FULFILL SOMEONE'S DREAMS OF BECOMING A BEEPSKY as a rampage robotocist.