Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More roboticist constructions (brains+things=weird things!)
For the longest time I've wanted to be able to be able to control the little robots: robobuddies, floorbots, bucketbots, etc. I actually was given control of a Partybot once in the distant past and it was one of the most glorious moments of my time in this game. I zipped around blaring party dust at people and it was amazing. So why is it not possible to put brains in boxes instead of cyborgs?

If I had my way, it would be possible to make a number of almost completely useless robots just by sticking brains on/in things, give or take a couple extra parts. Given that people favor the nigh useless broborg already even though it can't do much but be silly, it seems reasonable to make other whimsical monstrosities, too. To prevent issues like them being in the way all the time or blocking doors (because they're not big like people) they should probably act the same way as someone who's laying down or like other robots do in terms of reacting to other PCs (that is, everyone can just walk past/over them so they can't block paths). Abuse issues are taken care of by them not really being able to do much else but be silly and/or hilarious(ly tragic, in some cases). I also have some other non-PC ideas, but take them as you will.

Examples:

Brain + Skull + treads = skullbot, a skull that skitters about and clatters eerily at people. It's a skull on wheels and it acts spooky. Literally no other purpose.

Brain + guardbuddy frame + cell + arm = brainbuddy! Unlike a guardbuddy, it has a brain instead of a module. Its special ability is that it can hug you! That's about it. It can also call you nasty names if the brain is not nice, but whatever, it can't punch you or anything, and it certainly cannot absolutely never ever jump because that's dumb. Now if some lunatic was to maybe try to change that through some electromagnetic interference or something outrageous like that, who knows.

Bucket + feet x2 = Boogiebot, because for some outrageous reason you STILL CANNOT BUILD BOOGIEBOTS, I CANNOT FATHOM WHY THIS TRAVESTY PERSISTS. Also maybe a boogiebrain variation that has a pulsing pink hat on its head and can flip and spin like WOW STYLISH! CHECK OUT THOSE MOVES! If you use human feet instead of robot feet, it isn't as impressive, and if you use two of the same type of feet then it can't dance well at all because it has two left (or right) feet!

Butt + timer + bike horn = fartclock, not a robot technically but just a clock that can be set to fart periodically, for when you want to know (in hilarious fashion) how much time has passed. Replace the bike horn with a vuvuzela for people who are hard to wake up!

Treads + crate + whatever else you figure fits = MULE, because it might be cool to just be able to build them but I see potential for abuse with this so maybe, maybe not, just putting it out there. It'd probably have to be complicated to build, at least.

Clown mask + brain + clown shoes + bike horn + cyborg head = revenge of the robo clown spider, similar to skullbuddy but somehow even more unnerving. It squeaks around on the floor and honks and that's all it can do. Maybe it can talk. Maybe not. Maybe it really shouldn't talk. This is also maybe true of skullbot, but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, those are just some ideas. I've always liked the way a roboticist can throw together a bunch of shit and somehow make a robot servant out of it, but I'd like to see that scope be expanded someday.
Aside from being able to create existing bots, roboticist should have a new toy that allows him to attach brains to stuff frankenstein style
I proposed a brain-vat thing some time ago.

Empty brainvat
[Image: qd6iGrY.png][Image: NAypRrn.png]
Active brainvat
[Image: 7hNKCat.gif][Image: 5JbMwrj.gif]
Inactive brainvat
[Image: bB73tka.gif][Image: fwDSFt2.gif]

Fun with brainvats!
Slap a brain in it to see if it's owner is braindead or not.. Laugh as the brain audibly expresses their disgust! Slap several brains in several brainvats to keep yourself company while you work.. Laugh as the brains audibly tell you to hurry up with their cyborg body!
Out of cyborg bodys and genetics is borked? Attach a brain into a brainvat and bring it to the escape shuttle so you don't feel so guilty!
Welder and wrench a brainvat to various critters! Jones the cat with a big embalmed glass jar on wrenched cruelly on his head! Guaranteed hilarity! Not guaranteed total control over critter! Possible insanity may occur!
Are you animal activist and disagree with the above statement? Well look no further! As brainvats can be attached to dead debrained human bodies if you are able to send a current through it! Instant revival! Instant incurable retardation!
Sundance Wrote:Aside from being able to create existing bots, roboticist should have a new toy that allows him to attach brains to stuff frankenstein style

Empty brainvat
Active brainvat
Inactive brainvat

Fun with brainvats!
Slap a brain in it to see if it's owner is braindead or not.. Laugh as the brain audibly expresses their disgust! Slap several brains in several brainvats to keep yourself company while you work.. Laugh as the brains audibly tell you to hurry up with their cyborg body!
Out of cyborg bodys and genetics is borked? Attach a brain into a brainvat and bring it to the escape shuttle so you don't feel so guilty!
Welder and wrench a brainvat to various critters! Jones the cat with a big embalmed glass jar on wrenched cruelly on his head! Guaranteed hilarity! Not guaranteed total control over critter! Possible insanity may occur!
Are you animal activist and disagree with the above statement? Well look no further! As brainvats can be attached to dead debrained human bodies if you are able to send a current through it! Instant revival! Instant incurable retardation!

I want to be frankendigo
[Image: Evil-Con-Carne.jpg]
Oh gosh, if they do have brains in jars, you should totally be able to use a pen to draw eyes and a face on the jar.
Can we also have some cool monkey borgs too? Like little metal monkeys that do nothing but run around requesting bananas and other funny things? It would be hilarious to be a traitor roboticist and emag some monkeys to have a little gang of minions to beat/rob/harass the crew
Megapaco Wrote:Can we also have some cool monkey borgs too? Like little metal monkeys that do nothing but run around requesting bananas and other funny things? It would be hilarious to be a traitor roboticist and emag some monkeys to have a little gang of minions to beat/rob/harass the crew

Make my SS13 Ape Escape dreams come true.
Sundance Wrote:Aside from being able to create existing bots, roboticist should have a new toy that allows him to attach brains to stuff frankenstein style

Empty brainvat
Active brainvat
Inactive brainvat

Fun with brainvats!

This sounds like such a good idea. For some reason it sounds like such a fun adventure to steal the brains as a traitor clown
Alternate idea.

Perhaps the brain jar could also be worn as a hat.

You could carry the captain around and have them yell at people as the station's headgear.
atomic1fire Wrote:Alternate idea.

Perhaps the brain jar could also be worn as a hat.

You could carry the captain around and have them yell at people as the station's headgear.

Fun idea to add to this, any brain jars could have hats.

Image a person wearing a brain jar of the captain, and having the captain's hat on top of the brain jar.
If the brain jar doesn't allow the brain in it to speak, you should be able to install a headset into the brain jar to allow the brain inside to scream horrible things at the station.
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:If the brain jar doesn't allow the brain in it to speak, you should be able to install a headset into the brain jar to allow the brain inside to scream horrible things at the station.
The brain can speak and see. It just can't do anything else, like move.
Natsumehack Wrote:any brain jars could have hats.
Actually quite possible. The dimensions for a robuddy (who can wear a hat) is 17 pixels wide, while the brainvat is 16 pixels. It would require no extra spriting to have a hat on a brainvat. For example: [Image: SVv60Hn.png]
Addendum:
As far as construction goes for the brainvat, it's a 4 step process.
1. Construct Vat frame from robotic fabricator (perhaps should robotics start with a box of them for ease?). Vat frame costs very little resource wise.
[Image: BQm6V2K.png]
2. Add glass to Vat frame
[Image: qd6iGrY.png]
3. Add brain
[Image: 4UMl3N2.png]
4. Click in-hand or right-click [activate] to revive brain. (doesn't require wrench)
[Image: 7hNKCat.gif] or [Image: bB73tka.gif]

Attaching the brainvat to critters would require clicking the critter with the brainvat, then welding and wrenching, respectively.
Attaching a brainvat to a dead person/monkey, would require the same process, but also requires the dead person to be shocked (pointblanked tased, thrown against a shocked door, defibbed, etc) several times. Person is revived, but is severely mentally retarded, that which cannot be cured. Think frankenstein.

I was also thinking that maybe this shit is fragile? Like if you throw it at something the glass will smash, leaving behind glass shard, the brain and the vat frame.
make brains rot if not put in a jar
Sundance Wrote:
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:If the brain jar doesn't allow the brain in it to speak, you should be able to install a headset into the brain jar to allow the brain inside to scream horrible things at the station.
The brain can speak and see. It just can't do anything else, like move.
Natsumehack Wrote:any brain jars could have hats.
Actually quite possible. The dimensions for a robuddy (who can wear a hat) is 17 pixels wide, while the brainvat is 16 pixels. It would require no extra spriting to have a hat on a brainvat. For example: [Image: SVv60Hn.png]
Addendum:
As far as construction goes for the brainvat, it's a 4 step process.
1. Construct Vat frame from robotic fabricator (perhaps should robotics start with a box of them for ease?). Vat frame costs very little resource wise.
[Image: BQm6V2K.png]
2. Add glass to Vat frame
[Image: qd6iGrY.png]
3. Add brain
[Image: 4UMl3N2.png]
4. Click in-hand or right-click [activate] to revive brain. (doesn't require wrench)
[Image: 7hNKCat.gif] or [Image: bB73tka.gif]

Attaching the brainvat to critters would require clicking the critter with the brainvat, then welding and wrenching, respectively.
Attaching a brainvat to a dead person/monkey, would require the same process, but also requires the dead person to be shocked (pointblanked tased, thrown against a shocked door, defibbed, etc) several times. Person is revived, but is severely mentally retarded, that which cannot be cured. Think frankenstein.

I was also thinking that maybe this shit is fragile? Like if you throw it at something the glass will smash, leaving behind glass shard, the brain and the vat frame.

It should be curable, Frankenstein did get smart you know.
put a robot arm and little shite wheels so it can do things and crack itself open