Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More roboticist constructions (brains+things=weird things!)
I want to see a brain-jar with TK being carried around by a monkey with Hulk.

Also skullbots. We need more uses for skulls. We need more methods of acquiring skulls. We need more skulls.
Archenteron Wrote:I want to see a brain-jar with TK being carried around by a monkey with Hulk.

Also skullbots. We need more uses for skulls. We need more methods of acquiring skulls. We need more skulls.

After removing someone's brain, a few more saw cuts should remove the skull too.
Skullbots need to be a thing, just so the Chaplain can put on the Adeptus Mechanicus robes and have a little skull robot with him.
HukHukHuk Wrote:put a robot arm and little shite wheels so it can do things and crack itself open

Oh god yes, let it be able to bump into zoldorf, zoldorf tips over cracking the vat and crushing the brain.
BadClown Wrote:
HukHukHuk Wrote:put a robot arm and little shite wheels so it can do things and crack itself open

Oh god yes, let it be able to bump into zoldorf, zoldorf tips over cracking the vat and crushing the brain.

And then Zoldorf begins to laugh.
Skull Bots should also be able to wear sunglasses and smoke.
Natsumehack Wrote:
BadClown Wrote:

And then Zoldorf begins to laugh.

I'll sprite a little guardbuddy arm and wheels when i'm not so busy with my degree.
I'm curious to how this would be coded? I think it should be exactly like Meatcube coding: Literally no hud, and attaching a small arm/wheels allows it to move an enables it to pick up one thing, but due to the added weight, it can no longer be picked up by people. It literally is bottom of the barrel but at least you aren't a ghost.

Really the brain-vat needs to be in this game because the amount of futuristic things that have heads/brains in vats and brains slapped onto animals are crazy. Futurama comes to mind. It also fills a niche that is just asking to be filled: The horror/hilarity of being resurrected in a vat/another being. Removing someones brain and putting it in a vat and carrying the vat around as a traitor could also be a funny traitor objective, akin to hostage taking.
Also, suicide.
Sundances brain violently shakes and tips over the vat, shattering the glass and ejecting its contents!
Sundances tiny mechanical arm thumps the vat's glass, shattering it and ejecting its contents!
Sundance Wrote:Also, suicide.
Sundances brain violently shakes and tips over the vat, shattering the glass and ejecting its contents!
Sundances tiny mechanical arm thumps the vat's glass, shattering it and ejecting its contents!

Should be a way to tinker with the vat, to make it so the brain can't suicide. I would love having a pet brain vet.
KILL MEEEE
[Image: Lk3hwJh.gif] [Image: gif_rev_1409691097_bad1b7ace2.gif]
[Image: 7AwwSXd.gif] [Image: gif_1409691053_62b16ecd70.gif]

Quote:Should be a way to tinker with the vat, to make it so the brain can't suicide. I would love having a pet brain vet.
If someone commits suicide and smashes the vat, just add glass and stick it back into the vat. The person will more than likely choose the [don't revive] emote/verb and the brain-vat would have the blinking red sprite (i.e: braindead), as the person ghosts around. You can't force someone to remain in-game.

Quote:It should be curable, Frankenstein did get smart you know.
Maybe so. You need to realize the reasoning behind the retardation though: This shouldn't be a quick version of cloning. If someone gets cloned, it takes a while. If someone gets brainvatted then attached to a dead body then forcefully shocked, that would take considerably less time. I think at the very least it should cause a disease that is incurable, that starts at stage 4/4 (severe mental retardation) while can be treated with mannitol to bring it down to 1/4 (less retarded, controllable). If mannitol is not in the body, the disease will bring it back up to 4/4. Call it Neuronal Necrosis.
Sundance Wrote:KILL MEEEE
[Image: Lk3hwJh.gif] [Image: gif_rev_1409691097_bad1b7ace2.gif]
[Image: 7AwwSXd.gif] [Image: gif_1409691053_62b16ecd70.gif]

Quote:Should be a way to tinker with the vat, to make it so the brain can't suicide. I would love having a pet brain vet.
If someone commits suicide and smashes the vat, just add glass and stick it back into the vat. The person will more than likely choose the [don't revive] emote/verb and the brain-vat would have the blinking red sprite (i.e: braindead), as the person ghosts around. You can't force someone to remain in-game.

Quote:It should be curable, Frankenstein did get smart you know.
Maybe so. You need to realize the reasoning behind the retardation though: This shouldn't be a quick version of cloning. If someone gets cloned, it takes a while. If someone gets brainvatted then attached to a dead body then forcefully shocked, that would take considerably less time. I think at the very least it should cause a disease that is incurable, that starts at stage 4/4 (severe mental retardation) while can be treated with mannitol to bring it down to 1/4 (less retarded, controllable). If mannitol is not in the body, the disease will bring it back up to 4/4. Call it Neuronal Necrosis.

It's not really a quick version of cloning, it's more like quick cyborging, but you can't do anything that a cyborg can normally, other then talk , and move around ineffectively, if they gave you legs. I would think that rather then just give them mental retardation no matter the circumstance, it should depend on the state of the body which the brain came out. Husk/very rotten = incurable mental retardation. And as the state of the body gos up in condition, the stage of retardation is reduced, if not at all eliminated/curable.
woops
[Image: bZYk1Vd.gif]
[Image: Rq53UXh.gif]

I think we're on two different pages here. There is 2 things: A brainvat (which can be attached with wheels + an arm to make it a "brain-bot") and then there is someone/something with a brainvat attached to their head and forcefully revived (read: shocked). The former is not brain-damaged as it was not shocked.

Cloning takes quite a while. Hypothetically, to debrain someone, attach into a brainvat, then attach the brainvat to a person, wrench, weld, then shock, someone who is fluent with SS13 would take all of 3 minutes if less. People would prefer to be brain-vatted and shoved in their body as it would be a quicker process. It is not akin to cyborging, as the person does not have a cyborg body, it has a human body, that unless no repercussion for this rough'n'ready cloning can do everything a normal human mob can do. That and they aren't stripped of their belongings. That to me seems unbalanced.

Although I do agree with you about the husked/very rotten. That should be revived with multiple diseases.
Also anybody that is forcefully cloned should have a franken- prefix infront of their name.
Frankensundance Feely drools
I do agree that there should be some manner of debilitation involved in the franken-process. Give them dyspraxia if absolutely nothing else. I support a form of retardation correlating to the level of decay, though.

On another note, brainbot is adorable.
Sundance Wrote:woops
[Image: bZYk1Vd.gif]
[Image: Rq53UXh.gif]

I think we're on two different pages here. There is 2 things: A brainvat (which can be attached with wheels + an arm to make it a "brain-bot") and then there is someone/something with a brainvat attached to their head and forcefully revived (read: shocked). The former is not brain-damaged as it was not shocked.

Cloning takes quite a while. Hypothetically, to debrain someone, attach into a brainvat, then attach the brainvat to a person, wrench, weld, then shock, someone who is fluent with SS13 would take all of 3 minutes if less. People would prefer to be brain-vatted and shoved in their body as it would be a quicker process. It is not akin to cyborging, as the person does not have a cyborg body, it has a human body, that unless no repercussion for this rough'n'ready cloning can do everything a normal human mob can do. That and they aren't stripped of their belongings. That to me seems unbalanced.

Although I do agree with you about the husked/very rotten. That should be revived with multiple diseases.
Also anybody that is forcefully cloned should have a franken- prefix infront of their name.
Frankensundance Feely drools

That's where you lost me, shoving into other bodies.

Any way, why not make this a option for cyborgs? Place brain vat onto cyborg frame missing it's head, to make brainborg.
Of course it's pretty obvious why this would end badly for the cyborg if it ever was attacked.
Yeah, a modified Borg Head sprite made to look like a brainvat, with a breaking threshold that's less than the skinnyborg frame (brain head breaks easier than bargain bin borg head, because while one is weak metal the other is glass). That could probably be cool.