Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space K-129
Since there's the space equivalent to the CIA Glomar Salvage ship in the debris, maybe we can have a space version of the Soviet K-129?
The K-129 was a Soviet diesel submarine loaded with nuclear missiles and torpedoes that went missing in February, 1968. It was found in the Pacific near Hawaii by the American navy. Project Azorian was a program launched by the CIA to develop the Glomar Salvager to recover the submarine. It was found to have sunk due to mechanical errors and subsequent.
The K-129's forward compartments were salvaged by the ship, but the rest of the ship broke off and lies in the ocean to this day. While a lot of the corpses and some of the top-secret equipment were recovered, most of the stuff (most importantly the code books and machines) were located in the rear section along with the conning tower. The submarine as a whole was incredibly radioactive due to leaking from the pressure crushed nuclear ordinance and the bodies had to be buried at sea.
There were theories that K-129 went rogue to conduct a false flag operation by masquerading as a Chinese submarine and launching missiles at Pearl Harbor.

So...Maybe we could have something like this in the debris field?
There's already a nuclear reactor relic out there left over from when Cogworks was trying to make radiation work for engine power. It was a fun idea but apparently it never got working well enough to be considered for release. Shame, too. It always looked really neat.

Back on mushroom station there was even a small test chamber with the reactor attached just to the west of the old Singularity engine. Never really functioned, not very well, but still.
Forgot about that. Maybe it could have a bunch of dead cosmonauts and some secret blueprints or something.
Amuys Wrote:Forgot about that. Maybe it could have a bunch of dead cosmonauts and some secret blueprints or something.

Have the reactor still pumping out radiation, and the secret blueprint be a random special suit that's in the code, but not spawned on any Z level.
Crumplehat Wrote:There's already a nuclear reactor relic out there left over from when Cogworks was trying to make radiation work for engine power. It was a fun idea but apparently it never got working well enough to be considered for release. Shame, too. It always looked really neat.

Back on mushroom station there was even a small test chamber with the reactor attached just to the west of the old Singularity engine. Never really functioned, not very well, but still.

I did the design doc stuff but Nannek was the one handling all the reactor code, I wasn't a coder yet when that stuff was going on. Might tackle it myself eventually.
cogs wasn't always a coder!?! : my mouth is opening oh no AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
pizzatiger Wrote:cogs wasn't always a coder!?! : my mouth is opening oh no AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Don't listen to him. Cogs was born in the void of SS13 code and always was and always will be a coder.