Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workplace Catastophies
atomic1fire Wrote:Bring back Own's Syndrome

Yes.
Yes.
YES.
Archenteron Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Well it would help if killer tomatos were easier to grow that would take care of botany. The only other things on the north side are the chapel, the jazz lounge, and sec and I have no idea what you could do with those. Maybe allow cults again?
A game of D&D in the chapel goes horribly right/wrong and they summon a devil.

Roll three sixes in a row on the d20
Frank_Stein Wrote:
Archenteron Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Well it would help if killer tomatos were easier to grow that would take care of botany. The only other things on the north side are the chapel, the jazz lounge, and sec and I have no idea what you could do with those. Maybe allow cults again?
A game of D&D in the chapel goes horribly right/wrong and they summon a devil.

Roll three sixes in a row on the d20

That's a 1/8000 chance, if we imagine that due do byond lag, there's a 3 second period between throws, at worst you'll need (8000*3)/(60*60) = 6.66 hours to get it. COINCIDENCE ? I THINK NOT.
That d&d stuff still wouldn't be the same as adding a bunch of goofy cross-the-streams possibilities to the chaplain job. Maybe give the chaplain some rituals that can create positive or negative outcomes for the station (prosperity, research breakthroughs meteors, ect)
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:That d&d stuff still wouldn't be the same as adding a bunch of goofy cross-the-streams possibilities to the chaplain job. Maybe give the chaplain some rituals that can create positive or negative outcomes for the station (prosperity, research breakthroughs meteors, etc.)
This would be fun ability if it was randomized.

"The chaplain uses his powers and randomly determines where a future meteor strike will occur. Then realize horribly that the way he figured it out was by summoning them."
Maybe if it could only be used once a round, I guess. Otherwise eehhhhh. The DND thing sounds funnier.
Marquesas Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Bring back pathology.

Yes, I'd like to take "Not happening" for $2000.

well aren't you just a ray of sunshine
poland spring Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Bring back pathology.

Yes, I'd like to take "Not happening" for $2000.

well aren't you just a ray of sunshine

He totally rewrote pathology to be fucking amazing. That was a year ago and it's still not in.
Along with workplace catastrophes, it would be really cool if industrial sabotage was possible.

For instance a way to break pipes but make it look like an accident. Like sneak a spray bottle of thalmerite to the pipes so when they get hot they'll eventually burst.

How did this pipe break? we don't know it just exploded, the dumb engineers must of had too much pressure. While they're fixing that the engine is now leaking plasma.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:He totally rewrote pathology to be fucking amazing. That was a year ago and it's still not in.

Isn't Cogmap 2.0 adding it in? That's what I heard at least.

And this is a great idea, I find the accidental stuff to be much more fun than most of the intentional stuff. Especially for the Chaplain, as right now he's boring as fuck.
- Allow for a minute(like, less than the odds of being zombified the currently "normal" way) chance that if dead, in a coffin, in space, without embalming fluid/holy water in system, that the corpse may return to undeath as a player controlled zombie. Mining sure would be in for a shock when visiting the outpost... That said, this is probably a terrible idea because being a zombie in space sucks.

- SA's having a chance of unscrewing doors when opening them. Cause...you know...they break everything anyway...

- Allow the chef's gibber to gib monkeys for more meat than what they could get from the meat spike. Add a warning label that reads "WARNING: Do not add monkeys" or something when examined. Allow for a chance that the gibber will awaken when fed a monkey and become a gibber-mimic (similar to toolbox mimics except this one is their big fucking brother and should behave like a shark [knock down on collision followed by gib]).

I like the rolling 6 3 times rough idea for the d20 too.
More kitchen stuff:

Give the Chef a crate of "Mystery Meat" that sometimes appears in the freezer. The meat is tainted with random chems, much like the wizards beans.

Change stove and oven mechanics so that undercooking foods can make people sick, while cooking things too long burns them and might cause fires.

Make the gibber sometimes have a chance of snagging onto you when you stand by it too long, ripping of and gibbing your arm.
Improve the Bartenders still into a built in tank that can rupture if not taken care of properly.
In addition, require it be cleaned out after a certain amount of uses, requiring scalding hot, possibly caustic cleaning chemicals.

Not doing makes all the booze that comes out tasting disgusting and making people sick.