Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workplace Catastophies
david2222121 Wrote:. . . Workplace accidents of the more extreme variety are something that should be encouraged, imo. It can not only spice up an otherwise slow round, but nothing brings a crew together more than fighting the fireball that was once the science wing so they can clear a path to the escape shuttle.

If anything, more departments need massive failure things that can happen, but that's outside the scope of this thread.

Pretty much what he said.

I'd like to maybe one day see things like:

- the chef while deep frying a lightly fried fired deep fried the monster accidentally pull up a blob; or
- the Quartermasters getting shipped a crate of martians while ordering costumes; or
- victims of an explosion contracting one of the many diseases in SPACE after med-bay 'whoopsies' and gives them a limb belonging to someone else; or
- genetics occasionally pooping out a player-controlled zombie; or
- an improper cleaning of the crew quarters leading to a massive roach/rat/mold/mushroom infestation; or
- mining overriding the safety protocol on their magnet have a chance to magnet-ify a single/couple of meteors; or
- SMES that get overcharged have a chance to explode.

I don't know. It's 3:30 in the morning. Fuck, you think I thought this shit out?
-Let genetics create chimeras using various animal DNA, and let the results of that sometimes break out and murder everyone
-Botany should get plants that grow over aggressively, choking in vegetation
-Kitchen and Bar, botulism outbreaks due to tainted food
Bring back pathology.

Pathology was horrible for work place accidents, but it gave medbay more things to do.

Also commonly spread diseases like colds should be testable and vacinatable.

Make vaccine ice cream and pass it out to keep people from getting a cold later.
Implement a hygeine system so that if doctors and chefs don't wash/sterilize their hands and tools they have a chance of infecting people. Same with picking up bloody severed limbs off of the floor. There's no way thats sanitary.

Make Creeper vines spread faster, and able to leave the planting pots to basically be a type of kudzu.

Let miners hack the mining magnet(if they can't already to get past the CE/Captain required override-I haven't played miner much) to bring in bigger, better asteroids faster, with the off chance of dragging in a rather confused and irate UFO.

Let Pianzi and the shady dealers sell dangerous mobs claiming they're something else, like space wasps instead of bees. Or rabid space mice instead of cleaning bots.
Jerkface00 Wrote:
david2222121 Wrote:- the Quartermasters getting shipped a crate of martians while ordering costumes; or

Martians sneaking onto the station in a crate sounds absolutely hilarious.
One thing I've noticed recently is that the most horrible of industrial failures all happen on the south side of the station. Engine hellburns gone rogue, telescience shenanigans, exploding toxins labs, all the south side. This is notable because the arrivals shuttle in on the north half.

So if we indeed do add more horrendous accidents that can occur through "totally innocent" means, we should probably try and keep a buffer area of at least the bar and maybe to crew quarters for new arrivals-and new players- to have a bit of breathing room before wading into the hellhole that is the rest of the station. Of course, traitors and other jerks can set things up otherwise.

I dunno if I'm the last person to discover this and am an idiot or something, but it was a nice thought that occurred to me while being bored at work.
Well it would help if killer tomatos were easier to grow that would take care of botany. The only other things on the north side are the chapel, the jazz lounge, and sec and I have no idea what you could do with those. Maybe allow cults again?
atomic1fire Wrote:Bring back pathology.

Yes please.
Workplace mishaps certainly liven up the job. Not much goes wrong as a mechanic, but the vending machine is always tipping over on me when I hit it with a multitool. There was a very memorable round recently of a Zoltar machine hilariously malfunctioning (thanks to an admin, I think), making obscene gestures and spewing those drone pod things.

Yes, I'd like to take "Not happening" for $2000.
Marquesas Wrote:

Really? And why not?
I heard there was a working pathology redesign but they've never released it, presumably because people are awful.
Marquesas Wrote:

Weren't you working on something like that? Or was that just canister bombs?
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Well it would help if killer tomatos were easier to grow that would take care of botany. The only other things on the north side are the chapel, the jazz lounge, and sec and I have no idea what you could do with those. Maybe allow cults again?
A game of D&D in the chapel goes horribly right/wrong and they summon a devil.
david2222121 Wrote:One thing I've noticed recently is that the most horrible of industrial failures all happen on the south side of the station. Engine hellburns gone rogue, telescience shenanigans, exploding toxins labs, all the south side. This is notable because the arrivals shuttle in on the north half.

So if we indeed do add more horrendous accidents that can occur through "totally innocent" means, we should probably try and keep a buffer area of at least the bar and maybe to crew quarters for new arrivals-and new players- to have a bit of breathing room before wading into the hellhole that is the rest of the station. Of course, traitors and other jerks can set things up otherwise.

I dunno if I'm the last person to discover this and am an idiot or something, but it was a nice thought that occurred to me while being bored at work.

Ideas can still be for any region, since Cogblap 2.0 will be shuffling all manner of areas around.