Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borg suicide tweak
Oh look.

This gig again.

How about we all shut the fuck up about revival preferences and instead focus on the idea itself?

The idea is good.
Spy_Guy Wrote:How about we all shut the fuck up and instead focus on the idea itself?

fixed so it can apply to every single thread in this entire forum
Personally I say let it be a weapon.

Ejecting your brain effectively throws it in the direction you're facing, because this opens possibilities for A) a borg on the verge of destruction popping its brain out for pittance damage out of spite and B) said borg accidentally ejecting his brain out into space because there was a hull breach there.
Oh my fucking god, this is not the place to vent your frustrations about the genetics/robotics war.

Silvercloud29 Wrote:I like the idea. At least if the persons body still is in good condition... HOPEFULLY the understanding robotiscist will stick the brain back in the body and hand it over to genetics.
This post exists simply to stir shit and you are an awful person, especially when the last thread was locked for EXACTLY THIS FUCKING ARGUMENT.

Stop being idiots and talk about the actual idea and not how much you hate getting borged.
Of course everyone prefers cloning over bor-
n'aww

Anyway, this is a good idea. I don't understand how this (and the last thread) got so damn derailed, was it gotta to do with the brain ejecting out and becoming automatic brain mush? Maybe it shouldn't do that, brains can be sold at high prices if you know where to sell.
I don't think the idea of the brain splattering is practical, from a purely objective standpoint. And I still say it should propel the brain outward like a projectile. Next to no damage, but good for shock value and psychological damage if nothing else.
I'm for the destruction of the brain and preventing the person from being ressed again on suicide (And it should involve a horribly designed ejector seat blasting the brain into the roof) for a couple reasons;

1. If someone is not interested in playing the rest of the round, this is a simple way of honoring their request
2. It prevents the scientist from putting the brain back in if they're being derpy.
3. It prevents the player from being fussy and wasting everyone's time. What happens to you after you die is entirely the prerogative of the other players; whether that be cloned, borged, left in a maintenance shaft to rot, jettisoned into space, or turned into a scrumptious chocolate cake. Really, it's a matter of who ever finds you first; so if you can help it, you should aim to die in the path of the doctor, avoid the roboticist if you don't wanna get borged and stay the hell away from the chef. In fact, just stay the hell away from the chef in general, he's a psycho (I know because it's probably me). Then again, I have a habit of dying of poison or suffocation, so I usually have a chance to find a safe place to keel over.

Silvercloud29 Wrote:There should be a prefrence you can set, maybe in the character creation screen of what you want happened to you if you are dead. Aka. You can set it to cloned first, borged second, Only cloned, Only borged. Etc. When a person is scanned with a PDA of a geneticsit/robotcist/MD it should pop up with the setting.
I really like this idea. It makes sense IC as well. I'm not savvy with the Lore, but working on a space station seems to be bloody dangerous in this universe. It makes sense that people would choose, in advance, what is done with their body once they die (Cloned, Borged, Neither). They could have a sort of will linked to their ID card. It would be a great way to stop the roboticist's time being wasted by trying to borg people who don't want to be borged too (And they don't necessarily have to comply with the will if they don't want to). Everybody Winner.
There's already a Do Not Revive setting, I think? I don't know if that just makes it so people can tell if you don't want to be revived or if it outright makes it impossible to be revived, but it exists.
I think it does the Implant Can't Be Found with genetics and makes you braindead if your brain is in a borg?
Crumplehat Wrote:There's already a Do Not Revive setting, I think? I don't know if that just makes it so people can tell if you don't want to be revived or if it outright makes it impossible to be revived, but it exists.
I don't know about cloning, but it makes the brain disintegrate in a big obvious cloud of smoke if you try to put it into a borg head.
I don't think the brain should become damaged/unusable after words.
Quite frequently borgs will be made to suicide by laws. On a few occasions I've been replaced into my shell when the laws are reset. It would be really awful if all it took was a single law change to instantly and irreversibly murder all borgs with no chance of any sort of revival.