Goonstation Forums
Borg suicide tweak - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Borg suicide tweak (/showthread.php?tid=2842)

Pages: 1 2

Borg suicide tweak - Xeram - 07-21-2014

rulib Wrote:Currently when a borg uses the suicide verb (usually due to being butthurt that they were borged and not cloned) the borg body falls apart.

I suggest that the head fly open and brain pop out comically instead, maybe with a SPROING! noise. This way, the body can be immediately reused by the roboticist.

Because this really is a good idea that doesn't deserve to be condemned to being forgotten because of a shitfest that happened on the old thread.

This would be immensely better than the current suicide because:
1. It doesn't punish the roboticist for trying to do his job by destroying the frame and power cell, wasting precious metal.
2. It allows the body to be immediately reused instead of requiring replacement and reassembly
3. It'd be pretty funny to watch borgs catapult their brains out of their head.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Spy_Guy - 07-21-2014

Yes. This is a good idea.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - rulib - 07-21-2014

Aw shucks, I'm glad you liked my idea enough to repost it!

Re: Borg suicide tweak - BadClown - 07-21-2014

Only if borgs can tear off their own limbs and use it to catapult themselves through space.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Xeram - 07-21-2014

rulib Wrote:Aw shucks, I'm glad you liked my idea enough to repost it!

Part of it getting taken down was my fault, it was only the right thing to do.

BadClown Wrote:Only if borgs can tear off their own limbs and use it to catapult themselves through space.

Borgs can't even hold things so I doubt that would work out. Besides. That's why they have fire extingushers.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Kovirii - 07-22-2014

rulib Wrote:I suggest that the head fly open and brain pop out comically instead, maybe with a SPROING! noise. This way, the body can be immediately reused by the roboticist.
Remember that toaster bot that was sprited? Suicidal borgs fry their brains and make toast.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Silvercloud29 - 07-23-2014

I like the idea. At least if the persons body still is in good condition... HOPEFULLY the understanding robotiscist will stick the brain back in the body and hand it over to genetics.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Crumplehat - 07-23-2014

Sounds like a good idea, and a brain ejector sounds pretty in line with SS13 general shenaniganisms.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Xeram - 07-23-2014

Silvercloud29 Wrote:I like the idea. At least if the persons body still is in good condition... HOPEFULLY the understanding robotiscist will stick the brain back in the body and hand it over to genetics.

This is the point where people will deviate into different Ideas of what happens after the suicide.

Frankly, if you get borged and commit suicide, your second chance is over and you shouldn't come back. Heck, if someone used this demanding I sent the rebrained body to genetics, I'd mail it to the chef. My opinion is the catapulted brain should just splatter on the floor like a tomato. Beggars can't be choosers. At least you got revived.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Morrigi - 07-23-2014

SPROING! Fartbot-47's brain flies out of its head! Holy shit!

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Silvercloud29 - 07-24-2014

Xeram Wrote:This is the point where people will deviate into different Ideas of what happens after the suicide.

Frankly, if you get borged and commit suicide, your second chance is over and you shouldn't come back. Heck, if someone used this demanding I sent the rebrained body to genetics, I'd mail it to the chef. My opinion is the catapulted brain should just splatter on the floor like a tomato. Beggars can't be choosers. At least you got revived.

To me I will always take geting cloned over being borged as the better option only if I can't be cloned then borg me. I have had rounds where I was getting dragged dead to genetics. Let outside the door with a call for genetics to pick my body up then the roboticist steals it and borgs me instead. I also had rounds where the roboticist is so jealous pretty much of genetics that he shoved down and flashed a guy bringing bodies to genetics to steal them for robtics.

I am sure that would piss plenty of people off if they are about to be cloned. There should be a prefrence you can set, maybe in the character creation screen of what you want happened to you if you are dead. Aka. You can set it to cloned first, borged second, Only cloned, Only borged. Etc. When a person is scanned with a PDA of a geneticsit/robotcist/MD it should pop up with the setting.

Overall, if the borg get turned on. Requests to be cloned then pops its own brains out I see no problem with it.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Crumplehat - 07-24-2014

Really, if a roboticist is going to be petty about not wanting his borgs to refuse their "gift" then he should have the foresight to destroy the body before activating the machine.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Paineframe - 07-24-2014

If I borg somebody and they ask to be cloned and then suicide immediately, their brain is going to the chef and their body is going to disposals or the reclaimer. Once you're dead, you don't get to choose what happens to you, and roboticists are not obligated to honor your wishes if you insist on being a big baby about it. I do support the change so whiners don't destroy an expensive cyborg frame when they decide they'd rather be a ghost than a borg, though.

Re: Borg suicide tweak - Xeram - 07-24-2014

Silvercloud29 Wrote:I have had rounds where I was getting dragged dead to genetics. Let outside the door with a call for genetics to pick my body up then the roboticist steals it and borgs me instead.

Neither side owns the area in the middle of that hallway nor the morgue. You should count yourself fortunate enough to have been taken there at all, most bodies get space/burned/gibbed/hidden so nobody will ever bother finding it a lot of the time. And the rest of the time a lot of people just ignore them and leave them on the ground.

Silvercloud29 Wrote:I also had rounds where the roboticist is so jealous pretty much of genetics that he shoved down and flashed a guy bringing bodies to genetics to steal them for robtics.

I have not once ever seen this in the history of ever nor is it something any sane non-antag would do, so I have to conclude from my experience that it was an antag trying to prevent a target from being cloned.

Silvercloud29 Wrote:There should be a prefrence you can set, maybe in the character creation screen of what you want happened to you if you are dead. Aka. You can set it to cloned first, borged second, Only cloned, Only borged.

Absolutely not. You don't get to choose how your life is saved when you're dying or if you're even saved after you have died. You don't get a preference on how you're resurrected after you're dead. You either get revived or you don't.

Silvercloud29 Wrote:Overall, if the borg get turned on. Requests to be cloned then pops its own brains out I see no problem with it.

Besides being incredibly disrespectful and ungrateful to the people who spent time and resources to bring you back to life as quickly as they possibly could, likely while there's others waiting in line to be revived. Any ingrate who would dare ask that of me after I bring them back would go straight to a brainburger. If an admin revives you at some point in a round, but you don't like the way they did it, do you demand they do something else? No. Because you'll get gibbed.

Sorry if I seem aggressive or mean in this, this is an issue that actually bothers me really. Death is a punishment. Revival is a mercy rendered by others to try and give you a chance to continue having fun. Don't be ungrateful/think you're intitled to it or squander it.

/lots of words about a 2D spaceman fart simulator

Re: Borg suicide tweak - KikiMofo - 07-25-2014

Don't be idiots. If you die you are done for that round. If you happen to get cloned or borgged you should be happy you get the dang chance to play again. If you don't like it just hit the no revive button when you see someone dragging your body to robotics.