Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beepsky won't let the Med Head use his gun
Paineframe Wrote:Why arm the MD at all if he's not supposed to shoot antags?
Jesus why do we have fire extinguishers everywhere if we're not supposed to beat people to death with them.

Paineframe Wrote:It's not like the tranq rifle is nasty enough that MDs can run around playing supercop like the captain does. Haloperidol only really slows people down, which makes the MD a shitty hunter
Really cause usually you end up taking the entire clip of darts for something dumb like farting on a medbot. Which doesn't just slow.

Paineframe Wrote:(...) someone popped shambler in Medbay and started eating the patients. Which also happens to be the kind of situation in which you don't really have time to make sure Beepsky isn't patrolling nearby and the roboticist isn't building securitrons in the mistaken belief that they might stop the ling.
Being eaten by a shambler because beepsky is a hardass regarding gun laws is hilarious and will never stop being hilarious, especially if that beepsky is fresh off the assembly line.

Paineframe Wrote:If the Med Director isn't meant to use the gun, just take it away from him completely so he can go grab a weapon that won't get him handcuffed and left at the mercy of the murderer he was trying to fight off.
I mean it's not like you're forced to pick up your tranq gun.
Sundance Wrote:This is pretty much a brilliant incentive to arm the MD without him turning into some sort of MD agent รก la Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
I strongly request we add some fun Garth Marenghi's Darkplace items. That show is basicly SS13 if SS13 was a hospital.
Marquesas Wrote:I mean it's not like you're forced to pick up your tranq gun.
Not picking it up is incredibly irresponsible, since it's the only projectile weapon on the station that doesn't start in a card-locked crate or locker, so if the gun is left where it spawns there is approximately a 100% chance that somebody will break into the MD's office and steal it. Sure, someone will probably say it's funnier that way, but Medbay usually has more than enough trouble without going out of its way to deliberately sow extra chaos. Because let's be honest here, being the Medical Director sucks.
Paineframe Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:I mean it's not like you're forced to pick up your tranq gun.
Not picking it up is incredibly irresponsible, since it's the only projectile weapon on the station that doesn't start in a card-locked crate or locker, so if the gun is left where it spawns there is approximately a 100% chance that somebody will break into the MD's office and steal it. Sure, someone will probably say it's funnier that way, but Medbay usually has more than enough trouble without going out of its way to deliberately sow extra chaos. Because let's be honest here, being the Medical Director sucks.
Don't be the MD then. Jeez
Or, you know, again, don't use it around Beepsky. From the way you talk it's like beepsky is always everywhere, an ever-present threat. But he's not. He's a teeny little robutt that putters around the station in a pre-designated loop and can only be in one place at a time. So either tell the roboticists not to build an army of them or just avoid him. Does his patrol even actually enter medbay? I'm pretty sure he just stops in the lobby then turns back around.
Nanotrasen wants to take away our guns.
Hull Wrote:Nanotrasen wants to take away our guns.
They'll take my guns outta my cold dead hands and even when they do that I'll have a back up bomb.
There's also the fact that you can just stuff it in your backpack when you're not going around tranqing people.

Really, this issue isn't much of an issue at all.
Edward_Tohr Wrote:Really, this issue isn't much of an issue at all.

It's irritating when you go into your office and pick up the gun, and Beepsky or Harner just happen to be by the window for whatever reason and so they get pissed off at you. Its not the end of the world, but its just a dumb thing that doesn't make sense (getting arrested for picking up something in your own office) and can be a little annoying.