Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beepsky won't let the Med Head use his gun
If the Medical Director happens to take out his tranquilizer rifle within view of Beepsky or any other securitron, it'll immediately try to arrest him, presumably because the rifle is a weapon and the Med Director isn't weapons-authorized.
As someone who has had to deal with this I can say it is incredibly annoying.

Perhaps removing the weapon designation on the tranq rifle would be for the best. Allows the MD to use the tranq gun but still get arrested for other weaponry if he happens to aquire it.
[Image: o6UMvlM.png]
i see NOTHING WRONG
AffableGiraffe Wrote:i see NOTHING WRONG
Beepsky is just trying to enforce gun safety. apparently the MD is so incompetent that he reassembled his rifle with the trigger mechanism inserted the wrong way
Feature in my opinion.
Isilkor Wrote:
AffableGiraffe Wrote:i see NOTHING WRONG
Beepsky is just trying to enforce gun safety. apparently the MD is so incompetent that he reassembled his rifle with the trigger mechanism inserted the wrong way
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRAW GODDAMN GUNS

but yeah feature imo, it's too funny
KikiMofo Wrote:Feature in my opinion.
Can we remove that "feature", then? The Medical Director's list of crap to do at the beginning of every round is already long enough without adding "find, catch, and space Beepsky" to it, because while it's funny to get stunned when you're just fucking around or fetching the gun from your desk, it just plain sucks when a wizard or a shambling abomination is rampaging around in Medbay while Beepsky just sits there and watches.
Paineframe Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Feature in my opinion.
Can we remove that "feature", then? The Medical Director's list of crap to do at the beginning of every round is already long enough without adding "find, catch, and space Beepsky" to it, because while it's funny to get stunned when you're just fucking around or fetching the gun from your desk, it just plain sucks when a wizard or a shambling abomination is rampaging around in Medbay while Beepsky just sits there and watches.
Yeah, the "feature" should either be removed, or Beepsky should arrest everyone with guns ever, because lol guns r bad.
Beepsky and the buddies are there to uphold the law. You broke the law and you got taken out. Robots ain't got no silly leeway in judgement.
Why is it illegal for the med head to carry around a weapon that spawns in his own office, especially in the medbay?
Primum non nocere
This is a feature as far as I'm concerned.
Feature.
To put simply, if you're going around shooting wizards and nuke op's then you are not doing your job as a medical director. Yell for security. If beepsky isn't around go buckwild.
This is pretty much a brilliant incentive to arm the MD without him turning into some sort of MD agent á la Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
Damn it, Jim, you're a doctor, not a poacher on safari.

How about maybe not using the gun around beepsky????
Sundance Wrote:Feature.
To put simply, if you're going around shooting wizards and nuke op's then you are not doing your job as a medical director. Yell for security. If beepsky isn't around go buckwild.
This is pretty much a brilliant incentive to arm the MD without him turning into some sort of MD agent á la Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
Why arm the MD at all if he's not supposed to shoot antags? It's not like the tranq rifle is nasty enough that MDs can run around playing supercop like the captain does. Haloperidol only really slows people down, which makes the MD a shitty hunter but can save lives and make security's job easier when they arrive if, say, someone popped shambler in Medbay and started eating the patients. Which also happens to be the kind of situation in which you don't really have time to make sure Beepsky isn't patrolling nearby and the roboticist isn't building securitrons in the mistaken belief that they might stop the ling. If the Med Director isn't meant to use the gun, just take it away from him completely so he can go grab a weapon that won't get him handcuffed and left at the mercy of the murderer he was trying to fight off.