Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mindslave Clarification
Newt King Wrote:I did in fact admin help it that time, and I got the response I noted in one of my earlier posts. But now that I know that kind of thing can happen I think I'll stay on the cautious side just in case.
This may because there weren't any explicit guidelines until yesterday, so every admin used their own judgement to deal with the finer points of mindslaves. And as Wire said, these clarifications are going to be added to the game as well. If you'd like to know, the discussion actually started (for the most part) in response to this thread.
I'd like to see the same clarification for the unwitting about having the implant forcefully ripped out of said mind-slave's skull (surgically, of course). Specifically with some kind of notice that they are no longer a mindslave, and infer to the former implantee that they 'are having a hard time remembering who/how they are implanted'.

I've often ripped an implant out of a mindslave only to have them immediately thereafter yell out to me (and the 3 gun-ho red suited psychopaths that i pretend to keep a leash on in the same room) who the bad guy that implanted them was.
What I would like to see is some way to tell who the other allied mindslaves are. I have seen, done, and been a victim of mindslaves unwittingly murdering other mindslaves because they didn't know they were on their side without their masters clarification (surprisingly not a lot of people tell you who the other slaves are until AFTER you attack them.)
For clarification, I meant in game.

Off topic; Why do the mins get to edit their own posts while we proletariat masses don't? Where's the justice in this cruel world?
Really, it should be the master's responsibility to tell you who the other mind slaves are, unless he/she actually has a reason to keep their identities secret. Similarly, it should be the master's responsibility to tell the mind slave what to do specifically, and not just tell them to grief everyone. Being a spy should about more than just making crew members into traitors.
Convair880 Wrote:
Newt King Wrote:I did in fact admin help it that time, and I got the response I noted in one of my earlier posts. But now that I know that kind of thing can happen I think I'll stay on the cautious side just in case.
This may because there weren't any explicit guidelines until yesterday, so every admin used their own judgement to deal with the finer points of mindslaves. And as Wire said, these clarifications are going to be added to the game as well. If you'd like to know, the discussion actually started (for the most part) in response to this thread.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the case, as there was some debate amongst the admins before they gave me their final response.
Wydamn Wrote:Really, it should be the master's responsibility to tell you who the other mind slaves are, unless he/she actually has a reason to keep their identities secret. Similarly, it should be the master's responsibility to tell the mind slave what to do specifically, and not just tell them to grief everyone. Being a spy should about more than just making crew members into traitors.

I was going to say that that's all well and good when you have them all together in the same place but it's not exactly easy to say to all your spys "HEY DON'T KILL THIS NERD HE'S WITH US" without outing yourself and the rest of your group, and spoiling the round mode at the same time.

But having said that, you're kind of really not supposed to be going around indiscriminately murdering people anyway!!!

What I'd like to see is more kidnappings. A group of spies abduct a shifty assistant off the hallway, drag him to the owlry, then start wailing on him "WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?!"