Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mindslave Clarification
So this is something I've had people agree and disagree on, that's being whether or not mindslaves can continue to get into trouble like an antag with their master if their implant runs out. I've been under the impression that mindslaves CAN get into trouble afterwards but I'd rather have an answer from an admin or smart guy before it get me into !!TROUBLE!!
Nope, as soon as your implant runs out you can no longer do any traitorous activities unless you get implanted again, that being the entire point of it actually running out.
As far as I can tell, this appears to be the consensus among the admin staff at the moment:

Implant runs out = no longer a mindslave
Mindslave gets cloned, i.e. doesn't have the implant in their new body = no longer a mindslave

That means you don't have a licence to cause chaos anymore. Pretty logical, really.
Convair880 Wrote:As far as I can tell, this appears to be the consensus among the admin staff at the moment:

Implant runs out = no longer a mindslave
Mindslave gets cloned, i.e. doesn't have the implant in their new body = no longer a mindslave

That means you don't have a licence to cause chaos anymore. Pretty logical, really.
Yep. Last time my mindslave ran out I was the HoS and standing right next to the guy who mindslaved me. I told him, "You know eventually we are going to have to fight unless you kill me." Then my mindslave ran out and I shot him with my shotgun, But yeah what I mean by that story is once the mindslave is up, it's up. No more fun traitoring for you but you do have the option to go after the guy who mindslaved you.
Quote:Kikimofo wrote: Yep. Last time my mindslave ran out I was the HoS and standing right next to the guy who mindslaved me. I told him, "You know eventually we are going to have to fight unless you kill me." Then my mindslave ran out and I shot him with my shotgun, But yeah what I mean by that story is once the mindslave is up, it's up. No more fun traitoring for you but you do have the option to go after the guy who mindslaved you.

Last time I was mindslaved my mind-master gave me orders to forget everything that had taken place that round 10 seconds before the mindslave wore off...I rolled with it and was an amnesiac pariah afterwards...clever clever.
basically it's sort of like how rev worked i guess.

as a revolutionary, you could do whatever you wanted pretty much. but once you lost it (via freedom implant or bashing over the head) you couldn't because you're no longer an extension of your traitor leader.
Spy rounds appear to muck this up, I was mindslaved during one, died and got cloned and my notes still showed obedience to my master. I asked the admins about it and was told to continue being mindslavey. This is either a bug or those are some damn good implants smile
Newt King Wrote:Spy rounds appear to muck this up, I was mindslaved during one, died and got cloned and my notes still showed obedience to my master. I asked the admins about it and was told to continue being mindslavey. This is either a bug or those are some damn good implants smile
The spy implants are designed to never run out, ever. Unless you get it cut out of you or something.
Lavastage Wrote:The spy implants are designed to never run out, ever. Unless you get it cut out of you or something.
He died and got cloned in a different body, which didn't have the implant, yet somehow stayed mindslaved. Might be related to the issue with microbombs still working even after they're cut out, maybe?
After discussing the issue some more on IRC, we have come up with guidelines for regular mindslaves and vampire thralls. The rules have been updated accordingly, so this should hopefully clear things up for everyone.
Convair880 Wrote:After discussing the issue some more on IRC, we have come up with guidelines for regular mindslaves and vampire thralls. The rules have been updated accordingly, so this should hopefully clear things up for everyone.

The Wiki Wrote:"You are not required to hand out secret chemistry recipes"

There goes that plan.
Convair880 Wrote:After discussing the issue some more on IRC, we have come up with guidelines for regular mindslaves and vampire thralls. The rules have been updated accordingly, so this should hopefully clear things up for everyone.

Ok, so I am correct in assuming what happened with my spy round was a glitch and the implant should have run out upon cloning then? I have little knowledge of coding so I don't know the difficulty of fixing something like that, but I guess the best course of action in the future would be to ignore what my notes say after cloning and just resume being a regular crewman.
Newt King Wrote:

Ok, so I am correct in assuming what happened with my spy round was a glitch and the implant should have run out upon cloning then? I have little knowledge of coding so I don't know the difficulty of fixing something like that, but I guess the best course of action in the future would be to ignore what my notes say after cloning and just resume being a regular crewman.

if there's ever a discrepancy like that, adminhelp it. if you don't even get a response just err on the side of caution.
I did in fact admin help it that time, and I got the response I noted in one of my earlier posts. But now that I know that kind of thing can happen I think I'll stay on the cautious side just in case.
A coding solution will be put in to clear this up whenever I (or another especially industrious coder) has some time. Just some in-game notification of loss of mindslave/thrall status and so on.