Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spell redundancy for Wizards
Last week I confirmed via mentorhelp that wizards cannot select the same spell multiple times...actually they can but nothing comes of it.

I suggest removing the limitations and simply letting wizards have these same spells on separate cooldowns. Given how fragile and inconsistent wizards are I don't think this will "break" the round terribly...granted some potent combinations come to mind, 4 pandemoniums, 4 shocking grasps...also some useless ones, multiple blinks or cthulhu staffs.

My honest intentions here are to achieve my dream of a "turbocluwne" setup, either 4 clown's revenge or 3 clown's revenge and a Rathen's secret wink .

Gonna cross my fingers here and hope for the best.
Four fireballs sounds like fun!!!!

(no thanks)
What Weavel said, for reals, but maybe adding a Haste spell that shortens cooldowns could be cool?
I'm pretty sure fireball only takes about 10 seconds to cool down; so you'd have wizards firing explosives with the RPM of a gatling gun.
Alright fair enough about the fully-automatic fireballs heh.

My last few wizard rounds I have tried to cluwne the crew up and 60 byond seconds is a bit much imo, I dig the haste spell idea but I was fishing for something easier on the coders.

If the haste spell is do-able in some form awesome (perhaps something along the line of a "buff" like soulguard where you spend a spell point and get X% cooldown reduction off of all spells or more likely a chosen spell), if not maybe just a reduction off of the Clown's revenge cooldown?

also...fireball has a 10 second cooldown?!?!...good lord.
I have thought of allowing wizards to "upgrade" their spells so to speak. Like say you took Fireball, you could spend an extra point for Greater Fireball or whatever.
I think it might be cool if spells had tradeoffs for upgrades, like the greater fireball upgrade having a longer cooldown.

We also need more variety in the types of spell we can use, like instead of a fireball choose a lightning javelin spell that does massive damage on 1 person but no AOE.
Shocking grasp has a shorter cool down than cluwning. I dunno but that is pretty lame.

Also ISN I like that idea.
KikiMofo Wrote:Shocking grasp has a shorter cool down than cluwning. I dunno but that is pretty lame.

Also ISN I like that idea.
It is, in fact, pretty lame >:C
ISaidNo Wrote:I have thought of allowing wizards to "upgrade" their spells so to speak. Like say you took Fireball, you could spend an extra point for Greater Fireball or whatever.

Take Pandemonium four times for Grand Pandemonium
APARTHEID Wrote:
ISaidNo Wrote:I have thought of allowing wizards to "upgrade" their spells so to speak. Like say you took Fireball, you could spend an extra point for Greater Fireball or whatever.

Take Pandemonium four times for Grand Pandemonium
I don't know whether I should be horrified or exited about this.

Greatest Fireball.
Anticheese Wrote:

Greatest Fireball.

Greaterest Fireball.
Xeram Wrote:
Anticheese Wrote:

Greatest Fireball.

Greaterest Fireball.

heed my words isn, an upgraded fireball mightn't be the best idea.
Sundance Wrote:heed my words isn, an upgraded fireball mightn't be the best idea.

Although it would be pretty funny to see a wizard take fireball 4 times and end up with a blast radius larger than the fireballs effective range.