Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input
About the "Don't help antags" thing, what about being threatened?
Like I had a game a little while ago where I was a QM and a wizard teleported in next to me, and surprisingly didn't instantly try and kill me.
He told me not to send any gun crates out and I'd live. I managed to sneak one or two out while he wasn't looking, but would it be okay to follow his orders in that scenario?
Salty Sam Wrote:About the "Don't help antags" thing, what about being threatened?
Like I had a game a little while ago where I was a QM and a wizard teleported in next to me, and surprisingly didn't instantly try and kill me.
He told me not to send any gun crates out and I'd live. I managed to sneak one or two out while he wasn't looking, but would it be okay to follow his orders in that scenario?

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. "Don't help antags" is more like "don't actively seek them out so you can give them aid if you're not a mindslave/thrall".
Just wanted to make sure, knew it'd most likely be that.
That's a real messy one, because a lot of people are shitty as you may have noticed. People will use it as an excuse and just be like "I kil u" "ok i do what u say" and then just murder the crew and shit under the guise of self defense. There are certain things it's reasonable to be threatened into, but if you're actively attacking and killing other crew members, you could be attacking the wizard etc.
Talking about helping in a way that's not directly killing people(An antag getting you to wall parts of the ship off, order weapons, etc)
If I had a way to kill crew members you bet your ass I'd pop the wizman in the back of the head when he wasn't looking.
When it comes down to when to help/not to help antags, I generally follow this set of guidelines.

Is the action your doing going to directly, or within two actions of use, harm/kill someone?
Is the said antag a rampager/complete asshole who needs to die this very second or else he will murder everyone on the station within minutes?
Did he try to kill you/killed several other people?
If any of these questions has yes for an answer, don't. do. it.

Is the antag dying right this moment? sure save his life.
Is the antag dying this moment but has killed 5 people and just attempted to kill you? Fuck it, let him die.
Does the antag want some water for a gimmick? let him have some.

Etc.
Add onto this list if you want to.
Archenteron Wrote:
Archenteron Wrote:You should just have mindslave implants get implanted and not work on other spymasters so you can nod at their orders, mutter "Yessss master", rub your hands, walk off, and sic your hitman squad on them.

I mean seriously this has been/should have been a thing since Spy Rounds started and fixing it would add a little extra drama to the rounds and prevent 90% of this mindslave semantic bullshit unless two traitors jab each other simultaneously.
Also can we please recycle the old rev icons or something so mindslaves can see other people who have been implanted by their spymaster? I'm pretty sure about a third of the kills in spy rounds come from implantees killing allied implantees due to lack of communication from the spymaster
Define the rules for sharing of chemical recipes.

Also can we have a rules popup like the changelog that says in bright red: RULES RULES RULES RULES because the people who join the game and shit it up will inevitably say they didn't quite know the rules and/or couldn't find the wiki.

I know there is the No Warnings clause, but people get unbanned because they "didn't know the rules" every so often, because we're not machines, we know that some people just miss the rules, so make it unmissable.

Extend the analogous to EULA "you accept you will be killed randomly message" to an MOTD that just screams read the rules and then gives a link to them.

Also the whole "you accept you will be gibbed/bombed/murdered at any time for someone's amusement" gives the wrong message to newbies that "well hey if that can happen to me, then I can do it to others too!"
Shoddy Wrote:Also the whole "you accept you will be gibbed/bombed/murdered at any time for someone's amusement" gives the wrong message to newbies that "well hey if that can happen to me, then I can do it to others too!"

i always assumed this was there to let people know that traitors will fuck their shit up for non-rp reasons and that there's no grounds for punishment when that happens. the wording of 'someone's' could be changed to 'the traitor's,' though.
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Shoddy Wrote:Also the whole "you accept you will be gibbed/bombed/murdered at any time for someone's amusement" gives the wrong message to newbies that "well hey if that can happen to me, then I can do it to others too!"

i always assumed this was there to let people know that traitors will fuck their shit up for non-rp reasons and that there's no grounds for punishment when that happens. the wording of 'someone's' could be changed to 'the traitor's,' though.
Actually it is "for a traitor's amusement" last time I checked
Lavastage Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:

Actually it is "for a traitor's amusement" last time I checked

oh, yeah. come to think of it i think we had a conversation about that before and i suggested the exact same thing D'oh!
Doh! embarrasment
The new version has gone live, thanks for your input. If you wish to discuss spy mindslave implants, please make a thread in the suggestion forum. It's more of game mechanics issue.