Goonstation Forums
Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input (/showthread.php?tid=2668)

Pages: 1 2

Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Convair880 - 06-19-2014

Hello,

not too long ago, the server rules used to be a illegible mess full of redundancies and outdated references. Some progress has been made since, and we have come up with a draft which (we hope) is a significant improvement already. As part of this, we are looking for your input - if you ever wanted to suggest something, now is the perfect opportunity.

Useful suggestions:
- Is there something important missing?
- Is a rule unclear? If so, what should be clarified?

What this is not about:
- The rules aren't intended to regulate every single detail. They're guidelines, not a comprehensive set of laws.
- The draft is about the minimum we consider practical. Removing even more sections is unlikely to happen.

Changes compared to the current version:

Added:
- Don't actively help antagonists. (Sl the pyro)
- Don't beg for shit in adminhelp. (Mo Zi)
- Use adminhelp for rule clarifications. (Mo Zi)
- Don't board the wizard shuttle. (Mo Zi)

Condensed:
- IC in OOC. Not relevant enough anymore to have its own section.
- Chat rules. No need for a comprehensive list.
- Updated/spruced up stuff here and there (antagonist roles, structure of the page etc).

Removed:
- Lord Doom clause. (Wonk)

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Weavel - 06-19-2014

On boarding the wizard shuttle:

Is it ever ok to do that when you are sure it isn't a wizard round? In the past I've got inside and distributed his clothes for fun, or stolen a necromancer robe and become a Sith with a csword, but I want to make sure if those are ok too.

Really like the effort thus far.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - KikiMofo - 06-19-2014

Weavel Wrote:On boarding the wizard shuttle:

Is it ever ok to do that when you are sure it isn't a wizard round? In the past I've got inside and distributed his clothes for fun, or stolen a necromancer robe and become a Sith with a csword, but I want to make sure if those are ok too.

Really like the effort thus far.
Pretty sure that's a no no. What I think is we should be able to order a wizardry crate from QM full of wizard clothes so the temptation to go to wizard shuttle is completely null.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Convair880 - 06-19-2014

There was a lengthy discussion on the forum a couple of months ago. In short: please don't board the wizard shuttle.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Weavel - 06-19-2014

Fine with me! I'd love a wizardy stuff crate

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Fox McCloud - 06-19-2014

Looks great.

I'd like a bit of clarification on the policy for chefs and barkeeps though, as there's debate among the playerbase about it.

Some individuals use the chef/barman as sort of an "antag light" and will deliberately put poisons and other harmful chems in their food without informing people, thus effectively letting anyone who doesn't deliberately ask about the food die.

Some argue that this should be allowed "if you don't want to die, don't drink/eat at the bar", and some argue it's only ever ok if you make it loud and clear what is in your drinks/food before letting other people consume it.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Readster - 06-19-2014

imo that's only a problem if you're lying to people. If you tell people it's toxic or don't say anything at all then I think it's fine.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - TheTrixRabitt - 06-20-2014

Would love to seem some sort of attention put on vigilantes (i.e) Assistants carrying C-Sabers they stole from security, or taking it in the middle of a fight, that security was dealing with. But I'm a sore loser.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - mozi - 06-20-2014

I don't think that's a rules issue. Sec is allowed to arrest them but it's not required.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Clarks - 06-20-2014

There are hard rules, no profanity, no multikeying. And there are norms like avoiding excessive punishments even for traitors or not screwing around with security just because you're bored.

How strictly these behaviors get enforced changes with time, much is dealt with by players themselves (vigilantes for one). It's stuff that people can figure out by watching other players and how they react to what happens in the game. Describing every possible trouble would bog down the important rules that should be clear before someone starts playing.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Spy_Guy - 06-20-2014

I think some clarification is needed on the "unwavering loyalty" aspect of mindslaving. A lot of people just see "obey every order" and then stuff like viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3038 happens because people are terrible.

About half the time I end up implanting a spymaster they implant me right back, or go have one of their mindslaves remove the implant and people appear to think this is a perfectly okay thing to do because I didn't explicitly order them not to.

In all honesty, I don't think this clarification should be required, however by all appearances it is. oh sigh

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - KikiMofo - 06-20-2014

Spy_Guy Wrote:I think some clarification is needed on the "unwavering loyalty" aspect of mindslaving. A lot of people just see "obey every order" and then stuff like viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3038 happens because people are terrible.

About half the time I end up implanting a spymaster they implant me right back, or go have one of their mindslaves remove the implant and people appear to think this is a perfectly okay thing to do because I didn't explicitly order them not to.

In all honesty, I don't think this clarification should be required, however by all appearances it is. oh sigh
I fucking hate when you mindslave someone and they mindslave you and are like, "Now we are partners!" No you fuck face. I implanted you first. You are my mindslave no if ands or butts. All your mindslaves are now mine and you are mine. Everything you own is mine. If I tell you to jump out the airlock you damn well better do it.

But yeah I think people need to realize that is shit when they do that and it should be heavily frowned on by admins.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - MollyMillions - 06-20-2014

trying to implant someone who mindslaved you should result in your implant overloading and frying your brain

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Archenteron - 06-20-2014

You should just have mindslave implants get implanted and not work on other spymasters so you can nod at their orders, mutter "Yessss master", rub your hands, walk off, and sic your hitman squad on them.

Re: Goonstation Server Rules Overhaul - Community input - Archenteron - 06-20-2014

Archenteron Wrote:You should just have mindslave implants get implanted and not work on other spymasters so you can nod at their orders, mutter "Yessss master", rub your hands, walk off, and sic your hitman squad on them.

I mean seriously this has been/should have been a thing since Spy Rounds started and fixing it would add a little extra drama to the rounds and prevent 90% of this mindslave semantic bullshit unless two traitors jab each other simultaneously.